“salam from morocco”

Zagreb Hotel
Ranked #562 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 4 March 2014

salam everybody
I just want to thank all the team of zagreb hotel
what a wonderful place and what a nice people! thank you so much
Each one of them does not only provide the service, but tries to intuit what you need it before you ask
I want already to come again!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 720zahira

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed at Zagreb Hotel in January 2014 for 2 Nights actually from 9 pm of 23 Jan. to 9 am of 25 Jan. (36 Hours).
1- No lift from street level to reception on the first floor but someone carried the bags with me.
2- Magic location close to Metro station of Aksaray(to Airport) and very close to Aksaray Tram Station (to Historical Areas), it is between Laleli station and Aksaray Station, besdie Laleli Camii, i can see the Camii(masjid) from the window of the room, it was room 202, 20 minute to Fetih Camii.
3- Price is not bad, it deserves 4 Stars hotel, very clean and new room, lights inside and outside are good, elevator is good.
4- breakfast is good, just drink tea or coffee and juices, jam and cheese and so on ..
5- I spent a lot of time outside, 16 hours sleeping ! :D, 1 Hour eating and 3 hours in pool, spa, turkish Hammam and sauna.
6- Pool was Free, used it twice, water is heated, that was Great.
7- For a nice price use sauna, steam room and turkish Hammami served with a coffee as a cadeau from the Hotel during this time :D, no one was there so i enjoyed it to the max. and turkish bath was very nice and clean.
8- Staff is friendly and helpful, the man in pool was talking English and was very nice, i respect him.
9- I would recommend for its location.
10- 15minutes to blue mosque and Aya-Sophia

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank MahmoudAbdelaltif
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Zagreb Hotel in February 2013 on my way from Romania to Kenya. I spent only one night there together with a group of friends. I can't say much about the services provided by the hotel, because I did not have enough time to enjoy them, but I loved that it was pretty close to the city centre and all the attractions there. The hotel itself is really small, the stairs are very tight, the breakfast area has only a few tables, but breakfast was alright. Rooms are also very tight, but they are clean. Staff is friendly and helpful. I would recommend it if you are just passing by Istanbul.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alina-Silvia D
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Do not get a room at the front of the hotel as the noise in the early morning from street traders starts at 4:30am. Then the mosque at the rear of the hotel wakes everyone up at 6:00am with the early morning call to prayers.
Rooms nice and clean, very tidy but also very small.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I and my wife are on honey moon and we choose zagreb hotel which is clean and has friendly staff. The room is small but clean. It is located in fatih and lots of shops around. Close to tram and Sehzedeh Mosque. The breakfast is included. We go to Diana restaurant for diner which is close to our hotel.The hotel is not on the ground level and the lift is not available from the entrance but staff takes and carries your bags to the reception.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Navid G
Reviewed 10 October 2013

As I am sure you will read in other reviews that the rooms were small (they were) or some other complaints, but I am here to tell you that this is a great hotel to stay at. If you want a larger room, go pay 3 or 4 times more and stay farther away from everything you want to see and do. If not, if you want a clean room, great customer service and a place close to it all, this is the place. We stayed there for 5 days, and ate at the breakfast buffet each morning, I drink a lot of water, and prefer it with lots of ice. After the first time asking for ice, each morning the woman that worked in the restaurant would see me and automatically bring me a bucket of ice without asking, to me that is great service. I also asked for a taxi and transport to the airport after the trip, and both were great prices to me. For those of you that are coming to see the important sights (Grand Bazaar, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Hippodrome, Basilica cisterns, and the Topkapi Palace) do not pay for the tours, as they are a complete waste of money. To get to the grand bazaar, go out the front of the hotel take a left, then a left again (hotel on the corner) go down to the main cross street, you will see the trains (metro) going to your left and right, take a right on the cross street, you will see a bridge over the street, that is where the metro station is, about 75 to 100 meters. cost for one token is 3 ty. 2 stops from that station is the grand bazaar, 3rd stop is the burning column, and the 4th stop is Blue Mosque and everything else above that I listed. The only thing you have to pay for is to enter Hagia Sofia, which to me, was the only good thing the tour I took covered. Everything is right there all together, and easy to find. Remember that if you want to go into the Blue Mosque that you are wearing long pants or a dress below the knees and a shirt that covers your shoulders. But back to the hotel. The only main complaint I had was that my room had 2 twin beds and I wanted a double. The bellhop pushed both beds together and moved the center end table, which was ok, the only issue was that between the beds are the light switches, and more than a few nights of rolling over or moving the pillow would flip a switch and on came the lights, but I finally just moved my pillow to one side of them and the problem was solved, but it also meant that I couldn't sleep next to my partner. The breakfast was good, and had a wide assortment, the only complaint there was the orange juice tasted very sugary like a fake orange drink we have in the USA called Sunny Delight, after one glass, I just stuck with water, tea and coffee. I didnt try the restaurant any other time, there were too many places in the area that caught our eye and we ate out all of the time. One suggestion though, as with the directions I gave to get to the metro, after you come out of the hotel and take your 2 lefts, about 20 meters down there is an alley that goes to the Old Bazaar, there is a restaurant there that is in a 700 year old cistern and at about 8 or 9 at night they have a belly dance show and the food along with the service was very good, and worth a stop to experience. Also to put some things in perspective, after we left Istanbul we went to Amman, Jordan and are staying at the Crowne Plaza, with a cost of 3 or 4 times what I paid per night at Hotel Zagreb, and although the room is larger, the floor was dirty, the bathroom is not that much better than what we had there. Hotel Zagreb has made me a fan and I will always return to that hotel, whenever I travel back to Istanbul. If you are looking for a nice place, that has a fair price, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the building, we didnt think the 5am call to prayer was as loud as so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ron6415
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at the Zagreb hotel for 6 nights. The hotel is very clean and provides a complimentary hot breakfast that was very extensive. The location was ideal since it was close to public transportation which could take you anywhere in Istanbul. I would definitely stay here again if I come back to Istanbul.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple