Titanic Port Hotel
Cevheri's Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to the airportataturk airportgreat hotelhotel servicebreakfast buffethotel is locatedguest relationsclean roomsminutes walkingspecial thankspublic transporttaxigymstopoverliratouristpersonnel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night on October 1st. This was our last night of a two week vacation thru Turkey and Greece. We wanted to stay close to the airport to avoid any traffic problems. The location was perfect - it took us 10 minutes to get to the terminal in the morning. The hotel is modern and the rooms are very spacious and very comfortable. We had a bit of a problem with the shower not draining properly but it was mostly our lack of knowledge of the drain system. Look it over before you shower. The breakfast buffet, which was included in the price of the room, was absolutely amazing. Wonderful fruits, yogurts, cereals, breads and pastries, eggs several ways, hams, cheeses, etc. The buffet starts at 6:30 AM so you don't have to worry about rushing to catch your flight back to the US at noon. The only disappointment I had was with the staff at the front desk and at the door. They weren't rude, nor were they friendly. The front desk neglected to inform me that a password was needed for internet, and you have to come downstairs to get it in person. I found that out after getting settled into the room and changing into my PJs. So get dressed again and back downstairs. And when we decided to carry our own bags to our rooms, the staff essentially ignored us, as if we weren't even there. Overall, a fine place to stay for one night in transit to the airport... a fabulous breakfast and a very nice room. The people... well, not quite as nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faros
Reviewed 1 October 2011

i was on a business trip and stayed at this hotel. it is close to the airport, but i got the impression that there are only smoking rooms, and they smell of smoke that is the main reason i did not like this hotel and that there is no individually controlled air-conditioning system only centrally controlled and they put up the heating to 30 degrees!! it was a very warm night. i thought there was something wrong with the aircon so i went down to the reception the next day to ask if they could fix it. i was informed that there was nothing wrong, and their guest liked to have their rooms at this hot so there was nothing they colud do. luckily a cuople of days letter some guests with a higher valued opinion than mine managed to get the room temperature down.
except for the smoke smell and very hot temperaturethemselves the rooms are fine with good complimentary internet. the housekeeping services are 5 star quality. the hotel also has nice facilities like gym, spa, and swimming pool

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Pros:
The location of the hotel is excellent. Not far from the airport, and it is situated in a live area, many shopping centers around within walking distance. The waterfront & Galleria Mall is within walking distance as well, although that waterfron is not as exciting as Eminonu waterfornt.

Cons:
The hotel staff are not as friendly as you would expect in any 5-star hotel. They lack the basics of hotel management and service. Most of the staff do not speak english, and those who do, speak very poor english. The reception staff are unqualified for the job as they failed to attend my requests on time everytime I call them. One time, we were out of facial tissues, so I called the receptionist asking for a pack of tissues, and he said that they would take care of that. I had to call two more times to remind him and after 45 minutes of the first call I received the tissues. In addition, the Air Conditioning of the room was terrible, although weather outside the hotel was nice. My 6-month-old daughter was sweating in the baby cot with minimal clothes. When we asked them to check it out, they said there was nothing wrong with the A/C!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I often make a stopover in Istanbul. We are regular guests at the Titanic Port Hotel in Bakirköy for some years and we always look forward to our overnight stay. The hotel is conveniently located close to Attatürk International Airport and just within a short and nice taxi drive to Istanbul City Center. We enjoy the neighbouring shopping malls, street shops and restaurants. The hotel lobby is pleasant and well arranged adjacent to the restaurant and the bar. Service is irreproachable and guestrooms are clean, nicely furnished and well equipped. The breakfast buffet is excellent though the coffee could be somewhat warmer. It's a nice hotel that I would like to recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms in top floors offer a nice view over the city.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We loved, good staff, nice hotel, clean rooms, we will planned stay again!
Location super, 10 minutes from airport, 3 big mall near the this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family