“A fast stay...a Good room.. But the bathroom....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Titanic Port Hotel

Titanic Port Hotel
Ranked #257 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
XX
“A fast stay...a Good room.. But the bathroom....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stay only 10 hours in this hotel, honestly the room is very comfortable, without noises And clean.... The only negative thing was that after the shower the bathroom looked like a lake...... Unacceptable from my point of view....

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Whether you like to wind down and shake off that jet lag before plunging into exploring the great city of Istanbul, or you have an early flight out and want to get as much sleep as possible, staying at this hotel is the perfect solution. Located in the smaller quaint neighborhood of Bakirkoy, with it's huge mall and proximity to the Marmara Sea, it offers great comfort along with the possibility of fine dining and exploration. The hotel itself is top notch; well appointed rooms, great service, food (the rooftop restaurant is quite good and the views quite beautiful) and the breakfast "buffet" is one of the best, no, the best I have ever sampled. Without overdoing it, the selection was ample, fresh and tasty...from olives, to all types of cheeses and home made jams, freshly baked breads and turkish specialties, I wish I had room to eat a lot more of what was offered. I stayed two different times on my recent trip..once upon arrival and once upon departure as I was returning from Bodrum to part the next day back to the States.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

Titanic Port hotel was built about four years ago. It's located about 12min away from the airport next to a modern shopping centre. There is a complementary pick up service from the airport, but you have to book in advance.You could find several retail stores, a supermarket and a food court next to the hotel. The rooms are large, the bed is very comfortable and they have thought of a every little detail. The place is clean and the service is fast and friendly. Wi-Fi is free but slow at times. If you need an adaptor for your laptop make sure you ask for one upon your arrival as there is a limited number available at the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marvin_Aus
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Used for business trip purpose

It is located about 20 minutes taxi ride from the Istanbul touristic area, however very convenient located to two large shopping malls (Capacity and Carousel). Marina yacht club for exclusive dining and sightseeing in 10 minute walking distance.

A very well equipped hotel with very friendly staff. Speak english well. The gym is supurb though heavily used by non-hotel visitor as well.

Standard rooms are not spacious, but one level up give you a lot of space in the room.

The breakfast room is good and spacious, however there is no evening menu. Plenty alternatives within 10 minute walking distance.

Overall excellent choice for business trips as well as short city trips.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at A-level. These are at the same level as their conference rooms and tend to be sma...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Piran, Slovenia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Room was spacious and clean, I really liked the wellness for free with nice swimmingpool and saunas. Staff was mostly nice but I had to wait for my room eventhough I came at 5 p.m. Breakfest was really nice. The only thing i didnt like was location. Its very close to 3 big shopping centers but very far to city center and traffic is usually very bad. From maps it looks like there is train station very close but the station is close so the only option is bus that is hard to find cause no one speak english. Taxi from airport is 20 TL and to citycenter its around 50 TL

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucy_slovenia
McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Our stay at the Titanic Port Hotel got off to a very poor start. We (my wife and I, and our adult daughter) needed to stay overnight near Ataturk airport before catching our flight home from vacation. I booked the Titanic Port Hotel because it looked nice, had generally good reviews, and offered, per the hotel website, "Free airport transfer for bookings from our website". (http://www.titanic.com.tr/titanicPort/default-en.html, as of June 18, 2013). I booked through the website, and received an email confirmation which stated that free airport transfer was a benefit of our stay: "Enhancements: Free Airport Transfer (Eur 0.00)"

We arrived in Istanbul on Sunday afternoon at the domestic terminal. We asked at the information desk where the hotel shuttle arrived, and were told we had to walk to the international terminal, which took about five minutes. When we arrived, there was the Titanic Port shuttle. loading up an airline crew, and we started to join them. However, the driver told us that we couldn't get on, and said we should take a taxi. I smiled politely, and pulled out my reservation confirmation, and pointed to where it said free airport transfer. At this point, one of the flight crew gestured for us to climb on the shuttle with them, but the driver wouldn't allow this. This time he said we could take a taxi, or he'd be back for us in six minutes. We said we'd wait for him.

After ten minutes passed, my wife asked me to call the hotel and ask where the shuttle was. I called, and the desk clerk replied that the shuttle didn't run on Sundays! I said, "It was just here, and I have a confirmation, and..." and she transferred me to someone else. As I was explaining our situation to him, the shuttle pulled up, and we climbed in, but by this time we were all rather exasperated, and my wife was asking "Tell me again why you picked this hotel?"

Once we arrived at the hotel, our experience improved. We found that our room was nice, and had a great view of the Sea of Marmara. We ate dinner at the hotel's rooftop restaurant, where the food was adequate, the view wonderful, and the staff very pleasant and attentive.

Afterward, I discovered that a second place on the hotel website does state that the shuttle service isn't offered on Sundays, a fact that isn't noted on the homepage. My email confirmation for our Sunday arrival didn't note this either. The flight crew pickup was probably a special arrangement with the airline. But all in all, this made for a frustrating start to what otherwise would have been a pleasant stay. I recommend some clearer wording on the website and in the emailed confirmations.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank john_from_mclean
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

room is amazing,spacious,well maintained
Gives you the feel of a five star
Close to airport
wifi is free and good range
food is good breakfast had lots of variety
huge supermarket nearby