“This hotel surpassed themselves!!”
Review of Titanic Port Hotel

Titanic Port Hotel
Ranked #232 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Poole, United Kingdom
“This hotel surpassed themselves!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here as a stop over from England to the USA. I was getting married in the USA, then returning back to this hotel for Honeymoon with my wife. On my first stay for the stop over I was picked up from the hotel in their van. I had to call in but they were there quickly and I was the only person riding. The driver was very helpful with my bags & friendly. The front desk was just the same. They took my bags up and showed me around my room. I had informed the hotel ahead of time while booking online and via email of my 2 separate stays, but they got a bit confused because after being shown my room, I then have staff bring in a large plate of fruit and a bucket of wine with glasses for two. The hotel thought my wife and I would be staying at this time. This was quickly corrected and not just by a phone call but with the guest relations manager herself named Sibel, come up and apologize. She said I could keep everything that was sent complimentary and we confirmed and planned extras for when I returned with my wife. I also got a much needed wake up call from Sibel the next morning as I did not hear my alarm to leave the next day. Everything ran just as smoothly as the day before. Just me alone and the same driver back to the airport. Sibel assured me that on my return with my wife, we would be all set up with my plans and everything would be taken care of. On my return with my wife was just as I imagined and more! She (SilleBliss) will be posting her separate review as she LOVED it and has her own opinion she wants to share. What I will share on my return visit is that everything I wanted was done for us! Everyone is very friendly and goes above and beyond to make you happy. I want to thank Sibel for creating such an amazing honeymoon for my wife and I. This is our new place when visiting Istanbul and we already have plans to return again!

Room Tip: higher floors have nicer views. request a view of the sea if possible.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We booked a one-night stay at this hotel because we had a very early morning flight to Dublin the next day. Our previous stays had been just fine. The facility is well done with large guest rooms and other offerings. Especially nice is the plate of fruit awaiting upon arrival.
The arrival via their shuttle service is the hotel's weakest link. I called ahead and told the desk clerk we would be on the flight that arrives at 14:35 and by the time we collect our luggage it should be 14:50. She said she would then put down 14:50 for our exiting the terminal. As we were waiting for our luggage we received several calls from the clerk to the effect that we should wait for the next shuttle arriving at 16:00. Ridiculous! If you cannot do it right you should not do it at all.
As we were checking in after a taxi ride of TL 20 plus a 5 TL tip, the desk clerk who made the arrangement was nowhere to be found. Perhaps it was a good thing as I was fuming. But her "replacements" were quick to offer amends such as providing a breakfast pack the next morning free of charge.
Bottom line: the venue is nicely located within a 10-15 minute drive from the airport and in downtown Bakirkoy. There is a smart shopping mall with many brand names and a large grocery store (bottle of wine) and several restaurants on the top floor. Very convenient.
BUT. If you want to use the shuttle service make sure you and the hotel representative repeat the pick up arrangement to prevent a muck up like ours.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tatliturk
Vadodara, India
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Me & my wife stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights & had a very pleasant experience. Location was very good with Malls & food joints within walking distance. The breakfast was very well spread with great options.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
midwest
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed here for one night before an early morning departure from the Ataturk airport. It took about 10 minutes to get from here to the airport which was as close as we could get without paying a fortune. The beds were quite cushy in comparison with the hard mattresses we had become accustom to. They rooms (we had two rooms for our family) were spacious and comfortable, and everything worked well.

I do with the mini-blinds in the bathroom were in better shape. Some of them were bent, and I hated the idea that someone might be able to see into the bathroom from a nearby building! I didn't really see the point of having a big window like that in the bathroom, but whatever. The shower worked great; good water pressure. And there was complimentary bottled water and fruit in our rooms.

Everything else was standard; good Wi-Fi and so on. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank greeny-7
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My room was very pleasant and if you want to be located next to an assortment of high-end Istanbul shopping malls the location is perfect. That said, calling this hotel an airport hotel is ridiculous. The airport shuttle runs just 8:30-5 M-Sat (what is that,1/3 of the time the airport is open) and the hotel so far from the airport that a taxi is the equivalent of $11.
Other cons:
the front desk staff are terrible--when I arrived they said my room would be ready in 20 minutes, and it wasn't ready until 50 minutes later. Also, when I asked about restaurant suggestions (there is no concierge), they said I should either go to their very own hotel restaurant or some cheesy tourist trap for which they had a glossy brochure.
Another plus:
excellent wifi

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank PdxTraveller994
XX
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stay only 10 hours in this hotel, honestly the room is very comfortable, without noises And clean.... The only negative thing was that after the shower the bathroom looked like a lake...... Unacceptable from my point of view....

• Stayed July 2013
California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Whether you like to wind down and shake off that jet lag before plunging into exploring the great city of Istanbul, or you have an early flight out and want to get as much sleep as possible, staying at this hotel is the perfect solution. Located in the smaller quaint neighborhood of Bakirkoy, with it's huge mall and proximity to the Marmara Sea, it offers great comfort along with the possibility of fine dining and exploration. The hotel itself is top notch; well appointed rooms, great service, food (the rooftop restaurant is quite good and the views quite beautiful) and the breakfast "buffet" is one of the best, no, the best I have ever sampled. Without overdoing it, the selection was ample, fresh and tasty...from olives, to all types of cheeses and home made jams, freshly baked breads and turkish specialties, I wish I had room to eat a lot more of what was offered. I stayed two different times on my recent trip..once upon arrival and once upon departure as I was returning from Bodrum to part the next day back to the States.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family