“This is my new go-to spot for Istanbul layovers”
Review of Titanic Port Hotel

Titanic Port Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 2 June 2014

PERFECTION. Awesome space, great value, gorgeous views, great service. There is really nothing bad to say about this place. The best part is that they have a gym that is not only HUGE but very state of the art. AND it has a huge spa with turkish bath, steam room, sauna, and an indoor pool. And on top of all that, this hotel is located right next to a mall if you have extra time to shop and stock up on good Turkish deals. Be advised that my 5 star review is based on this hotel being a lay over hotel. If this hotel was being rated as a place to stay in istanbul as a tourist, it is pretty far from sultanhamet and all the attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
PortGR, Guest Relation Executive at Titanic Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear our valued guest rnevarez562,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the hotel provided exactly what you needed.

Hope to see you in the future - Istanbul is the type of city that you have to visit many times. There is so much going on here!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A great hotel if you want near the airport. A shopping mall next door and easy walk to the Marmara Sea. Very nice rooms and a great breakfast. Have a drink in the rooftop restaurant/bar and watch the sun set on Istanbul! Beautiful! It is far from the old town and tourist things, so not good if you are doing a lot of that. Also, right now the suburban train station near the hotel is closed temporarily

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear our valued guest Handywoman9 ,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very good regarding facilities, rooms, cleanliness, food....
The only negative item is that u r far from Istanbul city center and touristic historic attractions. If you plan to visit these places in a one day tour, it won't be a disadvantage anymore.
For us this was our second visit to istanbul & we had no interest in visiting the city center more than once. So, we found the location very good.The district is a remarkable one. Far from the crowdy regions. You have many good restaurants around, two shopping malls where u can find most of high & midium quality marks, a district center street...
If u r planing attending a match at Sinan erdem Court, it's at 5mn drive.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear our valued guest 44yrswithfamily ,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Its a nice area close to two malls and lots of shops Rests,and cafes very near to the airport but far from other touristic places . Driving is an issue since even GPS is not helpful . Its better to use public trans. Or taxis . This location is good only if you are passing by for 2- 3 days. We enjoyed this neighborhood since we had friends living around.yet we we spent the last 3 days with no TV.or phone cause they were renovating.and they didn't bother to make up for us .

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Initial impressions were positive being easy to get to from the Airport and with a nice reception area. Receptionist was sharp in both senses of the word and not particularly pleasant. Try smiling, it would make a big difference! The room was a good size with quality fixtures and fittings. A pleasant place to be most of the time. Unfortunately I could hear everything that was going on in the bathroom next door (and I mean everything!) Noisy and awkward on occasion.
The Wifi connection was pitiful in my room although my colleagues room was fine. I spent some time sitting outside the lifts to get my connection working which was far from ideal. Other areas of the hotel were also fine.
We went to the Compass Restaurant on the top floor on the first night which was quite posh and expensive for Istanbul. The food was good and the portions adequate. We decided to go to a restaurant nearby on the second night which was 30% cheaper and the quality was excellent so we went back to it the following night as well (see separate review).
The bar area was a pleasant place to be with excellent service and staff. We retired to this area each evening for a "night cap". Nice!
Breakfast was good with a wide selection of everything that you would want.
Overall not bad and I would return, but would check out the room Wifi connection and potential noise levels before confirming their room selection for me, and I would always eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check the Wifi connection, and if no good insist on a different room. Rooms at the back look out to...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I liked the location of the hotel .. and I liked the hotel's cleanliness and supplements available and the speed of the internet .. also of important things is having the taxi and metro nearby .. I like it and i will come back again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
PortGR, Guest Relation Executive at Titanic Port Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Mr. Abualkheir ,

Sibel Mutlu

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for two nights: overall the hotel is fine, for me there were two issues:

My room did not get wi if connection and each time I needed reception I had to walk into the passage.

My biggest disappointment was the unfriendly staff, I don't need over friendly an over the top service but a smile would not hurt and to just be polite. Particularly the front desk staff were miserable, unhelpful and unfriendly.

Would not stay here again

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Gemine ,

I would like to thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel and we are sorry to hear that your
expectations were not met on this occasion.

I apologize for the problem with WIFI which was a temporary issue and we have made necessary updates for this not to repeat.

We continue to improve the offer here at the Titanic Port Bakirkoy hotel and your comments will be shared with the Reception team so that we can address areas where there is a shortfall .

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to regain your trust in us as I'm sure that we can, and we should do so much better than this.

Sibel Mutlu