Grand Peninsula Hotel
Vezir Hotel(Istanbul)
Good 3.5/5
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsblue mosqueyogurthard boiled eggsarasta bazaarairport pickmain attractionslocation was perfectramazanbosphorussightstramoliveshippodromesultan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I stayed here in the off season (December) with a large group of people and was incredibly impressed throughout my week long stay. The staff was friendly and professional, and the terrace gave a beautiful view of the Sultanahmet neighborhood.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Fantastic expierience. The staff was incredibly helpful and the location was simply fantastic. You could walk easily to Hagia Sophia or to the nearest public transit stop. Breakfast offerings were also very good, with fresh-baked bread every morning. Rooms are nice as well.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MattN8250XN
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here in December 2013 with a large group. The staff was incredibly helpful. They coordinated airport busses for us, called ahead to restaurants to get us discounts, organized laundry services for us (pick up and drop off at the hotel around our schedule). While we normally traveled with public transport, we wanted taxis one evening. The hotel staff called ahead, negotiated the price with the taxi company and checked with us the next day to make sure we were happy with the taxi service.
The rooms were in tip top condition: clean, well maintained and very comfortable.
Breakfast was great. Generous portions of everything were available. The breakfast staff was incredibly sweet.
The price was great. I am not sure what the normal price is, but our group rate was a great deal.
It's location can't be beat if you are in Istanbul for historical / touristic reasons. A short walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace. Easy public transit connections to Beyoglu / Taksim Square / ferries across the Bosphorus.

I plan on taking a group again in December 2015 and we are already planning to use this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Todd H
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I visited Istanbul on the Nov 27th 2013 (Off Season) and stayed at the Grand Peninsula hotel. I have divided my review into multiple sections as described below.

Hospitality:
I first thing that struck me about this place, which in my opinion is the most important thing about a smaller hotel is how hospitable the staff (Sabahattin *Sabo" and Ramazan) was. Ramazan and Sabo promptly responded to all my emails prior to my getting there. They arranged for a shuttle to pick me up at the airport and drop me off (20Euro for the pick up and 15TL for the drop off).
When I got to the hotel, without me even asking, Ramazan was kind to upgrade me from a Single Room to a Large Double Room, without charging an extra penny, due to excess availability. They even helped me with some trip planning to ensure that I make better use of my limited time in the city.

Location:
Centrally located. Approximately a 10 to 15mins walk to all the major attractions in the Sultanahmet area and the Sultanahmet tram stop which connects you to other forms of public transport (bus, ferry, train).
The street right behind is lined with quality restaurants. Couldn't have asked for a location any better.

Room:
I was given Room 401. It was on the 4th floor facing the Sea. Coming from India, I wasn't too worried or disturbed by the street noise, or by the 6am Namaaz call.
The room itself had a fresh modern look to it, with its wooden laminated floors. It was clean, spacious, well ventilated and bright (all the windows could be opened). The bathroom was small, but clean. The closet had an electronic locker to store all your valuables).
Note that the hot water in the shower does not last too long so make sure you don't hang out in the shower all day.

Food:
The breakfast buffet had an assorted array of dishes (fruit, turkish bread, juices, assorted snacks, eggs, a variety of cheese, home made jams, olives, salami, hot and cold beverages). Ayhaan, who was in charge of the breakfast would make fresh coffee or tea and she was very friendly and fun to chat with. Since I was there for just 4 days, I was satisfied with the breakfast, but I do see it getting monotonous for someone staying there any longer.
It was sunny for the most part, so I could sit in the open patio and soak in the atmosphere, with a view of the Marmara Sea in the front and the Blue mosque at the back.

Room Tip: While booking put in the following request 1) No basement room please 2) Room on 3rd floor 3) Room with Front Street View 4) Well ventilated and bright room 5) larger size bed
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sangram T
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We had a wonderful week vacation in Istanbul at the Grand Peninsula. The staff was extremely accommodating. The hotel is convenient to great restaurants and a wide variety of sites. I would highly recommend the Grand Peninsula!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family