“Great hotel, great location, wonderful staff”
Review of Maywood Hotel

Maywood Hotel
Ranked #155 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Indio, California
“Great hotel, great location, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

On our extended Middle East trip, we stayed at the Maywood twice. Both times, the experience was one of our best throughout the whole trip. The location cannot be better. You are close to all of the very important sites in Istanbul and very close to a tram that will take you to anywhere you would like to go. The breakfasts were very tasty and plentiful. The staff was exceptional. One of our friends was celebrating her birthday and they made special accommodations for our needs - plates, forks, etc for cake. The shuttle from the airport was very nice after our flight from Amman, Jordan. Overall, love this hotel and we will be back next August!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Travelnica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and I took my parents for a 4 day trip to Istanbul and wanted to stay near the Sultanahmet area of the city which is close to all of the historical places. As there are so many boutique hotels in this area we used Trip Advisor to find a suitable hotel and the Hotel Maywood came up as a good option. It was very reasonably priced compared with others and in the location we wanted and so we booked it.

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a smile and quickly registered and shown to our rooms. The rooms are comfortable and clean although, the bathrooms could do with a scrub around the bath tub. Apart from that they have all of the amenities you require and for the price and are well equipped.

The key attributes of this hotel are its location and the staff. The location is just minutes away from all of the top sites and from some great restaurants.

I have to mention the staff who in our opinion were excellent. They very happily provided assistance to all our needs as well as suggestions on things to do and places to visit. They made us all feel very welcome and served us with a smile. A special mention for Selcuk, Yakup and Firat (hope I spelt their names correctly!) who always chatted with us when we passed reception and provided a first class service.

I would strongly recommend this hotel for a short break and will certainly be staying there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are of similar standard and we stayed on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank akuk1970
Beijing
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The location is in the old town, near Gulhane station of Tramway. You can walk to Topkapi Sarayi, Ayasofya Muzes and Blue Mosque. and the other way to Sirkeci station, Yeni Camii, etc.

The breakfast is delicious and plentiful. The service is good. They can provide all kinds of info. But please take your consideration about their suggestions. They can provide one-way free shuttle bus between the hotel and the airport, if you stayed over 3 nights.

There was a building under the construction nearby. It was very noisy at night and in the early morning. I do not know when it will be finish. If you are a quiet sleeper, please consult the hotel.

We put one of our luggage here for our whole trip. and post some goods to the hotel. They all took good care. Except the noisy and the small room, everything was Great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Eva_Beijing
Karachi, Pakistan
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

It's a decent place to stay if you're in the old part of the town. It's near blue mosque, Haya Sophia and topkapi and also basilica cistern and grand bazar (pls keep in a meeting mind near still means decent amount of walk time). Hotel is ok, rooms are super small, service is ok, cleaning of rooms is ok, staff is ok, breakfast is good. I had a bad experience with a show tickets which unfortunately I got it reserved thru the hotel which were for some reason10 liras more for each ticket than they should've been.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Wajih Z
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I got a great price on this place, and would not have wanted to pay more. The location is fantastic. 1-2 minutes walk to the Sirkeci station, walking distance to all the old city sites. My room was very pretty, but the mattress was uncomfortable. Everything was in modern, good repair, and appointed pleasingly to the eye. Their web site says they have a restaurant, but it's just for the breakfast service. Although they are willing to go get you food from their sister hotel, it's easier to just go around the corner to Sirkeci Restaurant (which I have also reviewed). They do have a little bar set up, but I never saw anyone drinking at it. I was neither impressed nor offended by service. I would stay here again if I were doing Istanbul on a budget, given the location, but would hope to step up to a place with a restaurant and more luxurious bed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jeannette777
Cape Town
Reviewed 27 September 2013

A delightful place to stay. The team working there are always helpful and charming, The hotel is a gem in a convenient part of Istanbul for the main sights. The road is just off the main tram street and is reasonably quiet. the area is improving - quite a lot of construction work nearby - but that didn't affect my stay. I had a room at the front with a small balcony overlooking the street. Rooms are reasonable in size, have free wi-fi, mini bar (good prices) and en suite with air conditioning. Sometimes you do get a little noise from adjacent rooms but that was infrequent. Breakfast is a wonderful spread - a variety of hot and cold, savoury and sweet. The lobby is large and comfortable. Somewhere I would choose to return to when I go back to Istanbul without question.

Room Tip: I liked my room at the front - but the ones at the back or side are possibly quieter but without a v...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank tootingdel
san diego, california
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We travel quite a bit ... not sure if I've ever met a hotel staff more professional and eager to please. Excellent service (sight seeing suggestions, help with travel plans, you name it ... they arranged it), perfect location (few minutes walk to most sights, or to tram which was super easy to use), very nice room (cleanliness, nice bedding, tea & coffee, fridge in room), great breakfast. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed September 2013