“nice staying”
Review of Maywood Hotel

Maywood Hotel
Ranked #176 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm visiting maywood hotel in march 2013, it was amazing experience the hotel is very comfortable and suitable for couple and family, its location is perefct neer to eminono and Hafiz mustafa ( sweet's shop)
espesially when you wake up in the early morning and walking to Busphor to breath a pure air
There are alot kind of food in the breakfast
They a concern of their guests
I like to visit Istanbul again and stay here
I would to thank all the team in this hotel for their morals

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raheel45
There are newer reviews for Maywood Hotel

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Azadeh, My Iranian friend stayed here and recommended it to me.

Hotel pickup was to time and they arranged drop-off shuttle for me.

I just checked into another hotel in Antalya now and i must say i miss the personalised touch i got at Maywood Hotel. Breakfast was great. Umut, Ervin, Esan, Mamut and other staff i may not remember their names were very helpful. They suggested good tours and helped me arrange them with good discount. I didn't have a dull moment. Never too busy to give each person attention and they speak different languages.

The hotel location is a stone throw from the Sirkeci train station and a walking distance from Topkapi palace, Ayasofya and Basilica Cistern.

I slipped and hurt my toe while on the Prince Islands tour and they sent me a huge bag of ice when i told them about it when i got back to the hotel.

Maywood Hotel is Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My Mum and I came to Istanbul not knowing what to expect. After a few days at the Maywood Hotel we felt like we were home. A wonderful and helpful staff, a delicious breakfast, and a nice retreat from the business of the Istanbul streets. We liked it so much we decided to end our trip to Turkey at the Maywood as well. Upon arriving from Antalya the staff greeted us with friendly smiles and asked us all about our adventures down south. All in all, a fantastic hotel that I would recommend to anyone coming to Istanbul for the first time or the tenth.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Second time at this hotel in a year and a half period. Again i'm very pleased that i chose to stay there again.
The hotel is situated in Sirkeci, just a few meters from the tram station and very close to Eminonu. You can go by foot to Hagia Sofia, Top Kapi, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern and the Yeni Cami. You can use the tram as a main public transport and then use all other means of transportation that Istanbul can offer such as Ferries, Buses(must have experience), metro and of course taxis(great experience too).
The hotel rooms are very clean and the bed sheets as well as the pilows had a very nice frangrance of freshness. They are very well decorated and the beds are very comfortable. I have to mention that the air condition is working very well!
The only thing that i could possibly mention as "negative" was the fact that my room was in the first floor and due to the fact that the buildings are very close to each other i couldn't open my curtains cause i could be seen. Having said that i have to admit that this is not a problem of the hotel as you have take into consideration that the hotel is in the old part of the city.
Breakfast has been improved since my last visit, new pastries have been added.
I was very impressed during my check out when the receptionist offered me as a present a box of Turkish delights and a box of traditional apple tea assorted with two traditional Turkish Tea glasses!
I would definately recommend this hotel to someone who would like to be close to the above mentioned sightseeings and most definately to someone who is charmed by the colors and images of the old city.

Room Tip: ask for second or the third floor rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank thanospireus
Reviewed 12 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jessica R
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have never written a review but I was so impressed by this hotel I felt compelled. Staff were lovely, room was lovely and clean and quiet. The breakfast was fantastic and we got a present when we checked out. Free Wifi and very fast and the location was great in the centre of the city and for the price I couldn't fault it. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Aaron T
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was travelling with friends and this hotel was a lovely place to return to after the craziness of Istanbul. Staff exceeded expectations. Room price reasonable. It us so close to the Blue Mosque and other significant sites. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014