Maywood Hotel
US$250
US$234
Swissotel.com
  • Restaurant
DoubleTree by Hilton Istanbul Avcilar(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$96
Agoda.com
US$393
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand bazaarspice markettram stationhagia sophiatourist attractionseminonufi
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently stayed 3 nights prior to our cruise. The location was within walking distance of the old city and the major attractions there. The front desk recommended a restaurant to us for the first night and it was better food and price than the other places we chose to try.
On the day we left it was pouring rain. The manager sent the bellman up to the major street to commandeer a taxi for us and brought it right to the front door. They even gave us a small parting gift.
The breakfast buffet was HUGE. Breads, fruits, eggs, vegetables, olives, honey dripping from a honey comb. Something for everyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank flifish64
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Nice location. Walking distance to Eminonu Pier (where you can get local transport boats to go to another side or to get Bosphorus tours.), Galata tower (and bridge) and Sultanahmet. Nice room, polite staff. Breakfast choice nice, tho were surprised that tomatoes and cucumbers were not fresh every day, as they are really cheap in this country, so no reason whatsoever.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maywood between 15.07.14 and 09.07.14.

The moment my husband and I arrived at the Maywood Hotel we received a warm welcome from the staff. We arrived 2 hours early but the staff were very accommodating and had our room ready in half an hour! very helpful especially after the long journey.

The room and the hotel were very clean. The room had free wifi, air conditioning, good shower.

The buffet breakfast, wow! It was delicious and the amount of variety catered for everyone.

The hotel is situated 10 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace and museums. The grand bazaar is also walking distance.

Finally, thank you to Maywood staff for making our stay a very happy and comfortable one.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone. If we go to Turkey again, we will definitely be staying at the Maywood.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rukhsana I
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I'm visiting maywood hotel in march 2013, it was amazing experience the hotel is very comfortable and suitable for couple and family, its location is perefct neer to eminono and Hafiz mustafa ( sweet's shop)
espesially when you wake up in the early morning and walking to Busphor to breath a pure air
There are alot kind of food in the breakfast
They a concern of their guests
I like to visit Istanbul again and stay here
I would to thank all the team in this hotel for their morals

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raheel45
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Azadeh, My Iranian friend stayed here and recommended it to me.

Hotel pickup was to time and they arranged drop-off shuttle for me.

I just checked into another hotel in Antalya now and i must say i miss the personalised touch i got at Maywood Hotel. Breakfast was great. Umut, Ervin, Esan, Mamut and other staff i may not remember their names were very helpful. They suggested good tours and helped me arrange them with good discount. I didn't have a dull moment. Never too busy to give each person attention and they speak different languages.

The hotel location is a stone throw from the Sirkeci train station and a walking distance from Topkapi palace, Ayasofya and Basilica Cistern.

I slipped and hurt my toe while on the Prince Islands tour and they sent me a huge bag of ice when i told them about it when i got back to the hotel.

Maywood Hotel is Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo