“Excellent Stay for Honeymoon”

Arasta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #186 of 1,038 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent Stay for Honeymoon”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We loved this hotel really felt in love . We chose it for just 2 nights after our wedding ceremony . It was offered us by agent . We thank her so much , too :) We stayed in 401 which had perfect sea view and at the roof that faces to Blue Mosque .. was perfect !!! Delicious and cheerful breakfast , clean , cozy room . Staff , specially , were so friendly and helpful . They served us privately for our special day , with their surprises .. Thanks for everything to everyone .. We will come back ,I think , next year at the same day :) Deeply suggest to everybody !!!

Room Tip: 401 :))))) so romantic ...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ggguulllyy
Arasta_Boutique, Owner at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear ggguulllyy ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comment . What a nice to see your pleasure of stay in our cozy hotel ! It was our biggest happiness to host and serve you for your honeymoon . That was great for us , too .. So nice to meet you ! Always , we would be looking forward to see you . Thanks for your suggestion about Arasta Boutique . Many thanks ...

Cumali BALPETEK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at Arasta Botique 2 nights in September 2013. During the breakfast you have the Blue Mosque view, the old Arasta Bazaar is across the street, walking distance to the train station, and the hotel itself is nice and clean albeit the room is tiny and breakfast is just a regular Turkish: Tomato, Cucumber, Cheese, Eggs, Tea, Coffee, Bread and Butter. However I was promised a room with view through agoda, it was not honored.

Room Tip: make sure you get the room you are promised!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Arasta_Boutique, Owner at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Navid F ,

Thanks for your valuable comment . It is a pleasure to see your contentment of your stay at Arasta Hotel . We always try to do our best for all our guest and be careful for their requests ... Hope to see you again to host at Arasta Boutique .
Thank you so much .

Washington DC
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed in Arasta Boutique hotel during our recent stay in Istanbul! Hotel is located walking distance from ALL the major attractions. Staff was very helpful, room size is nice, breakfast was good, and best of all the view of the Blue Masque and Hagia Sofia from terrace was wonderful, I was even able to book my tours from the hotel. The location is great, if you want to be close to everything this is the hotel to stay, the only reason I'm giving 4 stars because they massed up my reservation dates! Will stay there again though!

From Washington DC

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Arasta_Boutique, Owner at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Sofia S ,

Thank you so much for your nice comment . It is so important for us to see your experiences about your visit of İstanbul and accomodation in Arasta Boutique Hotel . Thanks a lot again . But just in one case , the massing about your reservation was your agency fault . Hotel just could know , confirm and apply what the agencies sent ...
Always , we would be so pleased to host you in Arasta Hotel .
Thank you ..

Oakland, New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My family and I traveled from USA and was very impressed with this hotel.The staff was always willing to help our every need and made us feel very welcomed. Very clean rooms and the breakfast was an added bonus. To top it all off the location is right in the spot of it all and to name a few:blue Mosque,Hagia Sophia,old city,shopping,restaurants and so much more. Our experience in this wonderful city was also a huge part in our stay at this hotel. I do highly recommend staying at Arasta Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank EdieElizabeth
Dear EdieElizabeth ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback . It made us so happy to shared your nice experience with our future guests via on this important platform . Reading your beautiful sentences about my staff , services and location , made me so pleased , too . Thanks for your highly recommendation - for Arasta Boutique Hotel - to the others . We are looking forward to host you again .. Thank you very much .

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My 2 friends and I recently were in Istanbul and stayed at this hotel from 1st May – 3rd May 2013.

If the review was based solely on my stay, I would have to give the hotel 3 stars. The reason we picked it was due to all the rave reviews. However, I found the hotel to be very overpriced for what it was and what it offered. The only good thing about it was the fact that it was in a central location in Sultanahmet.

The day we arrived, we encountered problems as we could barely get our suitcases into the hotel due to the whole main road being torn up and bits of construction grill poking out. There were 3 of us, and the room we were given was big enough only for 2. The bathroom was so tiny, that you could barely turn around in it; the hotel and the rooms looked nothing like the photos from the website! There was nothing ‘boutique’ about this. The room we were given was right behind the main desk on the ground floor which didn't make us feel that comfortable. It was also quite noisy with other guests coming in and the bathrooms for the staff were right outside our door, so again, it was constantly noisy with the water running and toilet flushing.

Overall, most of the staff were friendly and quite helpful, especially Yousef and the owner. Again though; it wasn't the greatest hotel and for the prices we paid we were expecting much more, however at the end of our visit to Istanbul, I would have to say overall our trip and our stay had been pleasant enough.

The reason I'm giving this hotel 1 star is for all the problems I encountered after my return home. I booked this hotel through Expedia. Right after booking, I noticed that majority of the hotel cost had been taken from my account. I assumed that the rest of the money would be taken after my visit. However after checking out, I noticed that the entire cost of the stay was taken from my account – I was essentially charged double.

As I booked through Expedia, I went to them first. When I wasn't getting anywhere, I decided to contact the hotel directly. As soon as I sent the e-mail explaining the situation I received a phone call immediately from the hotel manager, Andreas. He apologised for this error and stated that he would get the money refunded to me right away. This then started a string of back and forth and what I gather, lies. I received very little written communication and more telephone communication coming up with some excuse or another. The first excuse was that there was a problem with the bank and he was going to send the money from his personal account (in Greece!) Then there was a problem with that, and he was going to use Western Union. Then the protests started and those were to blame. Then he started blaming his health and doctor’s appointments which were restricting him from getting to the bank. He would contact me and say that the money would be in my account by a certain day and it never was.
After 2 months of this nonsense, I finally went to my bank and explained the situation. Initially I was told they could do nothing, but afterwards, they agreed to contact the hotel’s bank. A total of 3 months later, I got my refund. However the bank did state that the hotel was disputing my claim. I e-mailed the manager again to receive confirmation that the hotel was NOT disputing my claim and would not request that money back, however I still have not gotten a response from him.

Throughout this whole issue, I would have appreciated if the hotel owner himself would have contacted me and sorted this out, but I never heard from him, even after asking to speak to him.

I had a lovely time in Istanbul and would like to go back, but would NEVER choose this hotel. I have had friends that have travelled to Istanbul recently and I have told them the same thing and will tell others that Arasta Boutique Hotel is horrible and not to waste your money on it. They apparently like to sham their guests.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank saf_d_b
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed in Arasta Hotel last month with my friend and it was so unforgettable for us . Firstly ,thanks a lot for staff about their hospitality . In addition to that , hotel rooms are so nice, clean and very big . Location was wonderful that it faced you directly to Blue Mosque and on your right Hagia Sophia ... Summer nights on the roof makes you feel so relax and freshed by watching this fascinating view . I could recommend Arasta Hotel for every of my friend and tripadvisor members . If you need to have a best experience , you could choose there comfortly ..Thanks for Arasta Team and owner .. I'll come back next month .. Regards..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Arasta_Boutique, Owner at Arasta Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Our Dearest Guest ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback . It was appreciated to take your time by sharing your experience with our future guest via on this important platform . It was our pleasure to host you in our lovely hotel . Always , we will do our best for all our guests . Looking forward to host you again .
Thank you so much .

Mumbai
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Excellent location,mostly walking distance to all places in Sultanahmet,friendly and helpful staff,a tiny hotel,but very cozy!! A nice little terrace with full view of the Blue Mosque and Ayasofia.For a first time,it was like home!!!!!!

Room Tip: Breakfast in-house,but plenty of choice around the area.(if your looking for bed n breakfast,a good...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Our Dearest Guest ,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback . It was appreciated to take your time by sharing your experience with our future guests . It is our pleasure to see your nice statements about your recommendation for Arasta Hotel . The first aim is your contentment for all of us . Looking forward to host you again . Many thanks .