This hotel earns my recommendation easily. I think this is what the Americans would call a 'boutique hotel': small, privately owned, classic architecture, tastefully decorated.
What I liked (in random order)
- classic, wooden building, tastefully decorated
- strategic location (100m from Blue Mosque)
- very friendly staff
- WiFi Internet access included (nice to send emails and photos from your smartphone)
- Breakfast. Special compliments for the hotel's restaurant staff for the choice of (often home made Turkish) food and for the service
The room we had was not spacious, but that did not bother my son and me, at all. Note that this renovated classic mansion does not have an elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Darussaade Istanbul is one of the protected examples of Ottoman civil architecture dating from 19. century. The wooden mansion, which is restored by sticking to its original, is decorated with elaborately so as to reflect the spirit of the period it belongs to. Darussaade Istanbul, which is in the middle of many unique structures belonging to Byzantine, Roman and Ottoman Empires, provides opportunity to explore this magical city with its perfect position within walking distance! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Darussaade Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Darussaade Hotel Istanbul