“Stayed here twice and will stay again!”
Review of Rast Hotel

Rast Hotel
Ranked #217 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is located in the perfect location in between grand bazaar and topkapi palace. It is all walking distance and if needed, a tram is available right by the hotel. I came here last year and had a great experience so we stayed at Rast this year as well. The breakfast is amazing. The workers there are extremely nice and great to talk to. I believe one of the workers name is Sevgi who works at the restaurant. Her customer service is really great. She always has a smile on her face and she is really nice to talk to. The downstairs front office was very helpful as well. They gave great information to us and showed us great customer service. Definitely would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Umair A

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have just returned from a short stay in the heart of Istanbul and chose the Rast Hotel on the basis of the good reviews on Tripadvisor and its convenient location in the old city.
And I have to say it was exactly what I expected and I was not disappointed.
The welcome when we arrived from the airport was friendly, suggestions and advice on where to go, how far things were, and the best time of day to go were all spot on.
The hotel itself is no more than 10 minutes on foot from the Grand Bazaar - less than 5 minutes if you hop on a tram at the Sultanahmet stop just yards away from the door. It is even closer to the Blue Mosque and the Haghia Sophia.
The pictures on the hotel website showed stunning views over the rooftops to the Blue Mosque...and they were not photoshpped! Having breakfast each morning looking out over the Bosphurus was a real treat.
My only slight criticism would be the size of the bedroom. The bed was shoehorned into the L-shape behind the bathroom, meaning that one of us had to sleep right up against the wall which was not great. Then again, we didn't spend that much time in the room with so much to do in the city outside.
I would recommend the Rast Hotel for two main reasons - location was excellent and value for money and friendliness of the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dick L
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My daughter and I travelled to Istanbul on a British Airways package which was really excellent value for money. I selected this hotel on the basis of Tripadvisor recommendations and we were not disappointed. I emailed the hotel several times prior to arrival to ask questions and each time received a prompt and helpful response.
We were met at the airport and transfer to the hotel was complimentary as we were staying for 3 nights- the return fare was €25 for us both. ( yes,I am sure there are much cheaper ways , but, this suited us and allowed us to maximise our time in this amaziing city.)
We were allocated Room 505 which is absolutely fine- 2 single beds, TV, safe , mini fridge , plenty of wardrobe space, compact bathroom with shower and loads of complimentary toiletries even slippers ! There is a small balcony which overlooks the street with the trams clanging along below. But, noise never proved disturbing and the room is 2 short flights of stairs away from the rooftop terrace where you will have your breakfast. ( no tea making facilities in the room but I'm sure you can take a travel kettle )
Breakfast sets you up for the day - buffet with plenty of choice- scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausages or cold meats and cheeses and an array of cakes and breads plus cereals and yogurts. Make your own toast and have as much tea and coffee as you like whilst overlooking a host of minarets. Really memorable.
The staff on reception are really helpful and there are 2 computers in the lounge for residents' use as well as 2 massage chairs. There is , in addition, free WiFi in your room. Plenty of tourist information available from the front desk and front of house can organise any trips you choose - you may get a discounted rate !
Hotel location is fantastic- minutes to walk to the Blue Mosque in one direction or The Grand bazaar in the other. Also , so many eating places, you really are spoilt for choice, but, try and venture off the Main Street to avoid the tourist honeypots !
Thank you all at the Rast Hotel- we really enjoyed our stay with you and would thoroughly recommend you !!!

Room Tip: Be precise in what you want and email the hotel prior to your stay. I asked for a large room fairly...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MargaretPonthir
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed at Rast Hotel for about 7 nites and would highly recommended for travelers as it is conveniently located, very near to major tourist attractions in Istanbul such as the Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar etc. The train station is only about 2-3 minutes walking and good restaurants can be found along the street. the hotel staff was also friendly and the best thing was we got free CD of Turkey music from the staff. if i have the opportunity to visit Istanbul again, i would surely stay in Rast Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Although a bit dated the Rast hotel is ideally situated for all the major tourist attractions, most are only a few hundred metres away, or jump on the tram which runs from just around the corner. Rooms could do with brighter lighting and the internal temperatures were kept very high - although that seemed to be the norm throughout the city

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Rast in September, 2013. I booked on the strength of the reviews on Trip Advisor and wasn't disappointed! The staff were great, the room was small but had sufficient storage so that it didn't feel "stuffed". The shower provided the opportunity for creative stretching to reach the soap, shampoo, etc, but hot water was plentiful and the towels were too. Very clean and comfortable overall and a great value for the money. That said, I would have stayed in the broom closet in order to have the view from the breakfast room. I woke up bright and early the first morning (5:30 am) and decided to check out the 6th floor. Oh my. Not embarrassed to admit a few tears smudged the eyepiece of my camera as I alternated between snapping and wiping. Breathtaking, stunning, awe-striking - all fall far short of describing the eye-feast on display. The pictures don't begin to do justice. Somehow the staff got there even earlier and started the coffee and hot water so I enjoyed a wonderful hour, mostly by myself, sipping tea and watching the sun rise into the polychromatic sky on my first day in Turkey.

Room Tip: Our room faced Divanyolu and was very quiet - we never heard the call to prayer from the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank fishbera2011
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Towels twisted into hearts with a pink carnation on Valentines day, a lesson in Turkish coffee making at breakfast, room small but comfortable and well made up each day, friendly and helpful service. We recommend this hotel, which is close to Aya Sofia and Topkapii.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple