Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$425
US$379
Hotels.com
Hotels.com
All reviewsblue mosquegrand bazaarhagia sophiaexcellent locationbreakfast roomtop floorrooftop restaurantwalking distanceold citytram stoppanoramic viewtriple roomvery pleasant stayturkeysultanahmet squarebreakfast is servedtaxi driver
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days during my fourth trip to Istanbul. The hotel is conveniently located between Sultanahmet/Hagia Sophia/Topkapi/Basilica Cistern on one hand and the Grand Bazar on the other and is therefore close to two tram stops. Breakfast is served on the roof which in Istanbul means that the view is amazing -- Rast Hotel is unique in that it offers views of both Sultanahmet and Hagia Sophia while almost all other hotels overlook one of these places. The breakfast was the best I had during all my stays in Istanbul in terms of quality and variety. The hotel cannot be faulted really but if I have to say something, I would strongly recommend they change the furniture which looks that it's either pretty old or cheesy and fake vintage. Highly recommended all in all.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just the fact you can look over Blue Mosque from the breakfast bar says it all! Everything in Sultanahmet is near by.

Staffs were very friendly. I arrived there at 3 am but still warmly welcomed :) Also, rushing out to checkout, I left some of my stuff and when I came back to the hotel to find it 3 days later, they still had it and kindly returned it to me (I expected they'd already throw it away). Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Room was well cleaned everyday for 4 days. The bed was comfortable and loved the terrace.

BUT... the shower booth was tiny and the whole bathroom was tiny! And the drain was not working quick enough and there was always a little pool after my shower, which made me feel like I should finish washing myself as soon as possible. Not good after hours of exploring Istanbul when we need a hot relaxing shower. Someone told me that was the way in Turkey so I didn't get it fixed. But now having stayed other hotels in Istanbul and elsewhere in Turkey, I know it wasn't normal. Maybe my bad.

Overall, it was a standard, average hotel! You'll find few negative opinions about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank freshppang
Reviewed 19 May 2014

A very well placed hotel for exploring the city. We found the staff very helpful,likewise locals offering assistance. No persistent hassle from traders & a coughing fit outside a shop & a glass of water was offered. Our guide Halit was very knowledgeable & kind, we enjoyed the food & would recommend this as a city break to our friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A functional hotel, with very good service from the guys on the front desk.

The room was functional, and comfortable. The decor was dated but that adds to the charm.

There was a great view from the roof terrace which was where breakfast is staged, although it does not transform into a bar later in the day. We booked it because we thought it had a roof bar, but no.

Having said that many other hotels had roof tops which were bars so that solved that problem.

Nice central location, which makes it easy to walk to the main areas and attractions.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We just stayed here for 5 days, very good location good price.
Hotel staff is very good helpful and very friendly they all spoke English.
The hotel price includes breakfast and it was great from the roof top(where the restaurant is located) you can see the city , hotel just a few steps from The Blue Mask, and Aya Sofia and the
grand bazar .We walked across the Galata bridge to the Asian side of the city.Nice walk from the hotel would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple