Sumengen Hotel(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$523
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$326
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblue mosquegrand bazaarhagia sophiaexcellent locationbreakfast roomtop floorrooftop restaurantwalking distanceold citytram stoppanoramic viewtriple roomvery pleasant stayturkeysultanahmet squarebreakfast is servedtaxi driver
Reviewed 11 June 2014

It is a little hotel located ten meters from the main street and very near the most important points of interest in Istanbul. In general the hotel and room were very clean.
The room was small but it had a balcony with a nice view. The bathroom seemed to have been renewed a little while ago and was spacious. There is free WiFi, safe in the room, fridge and desk. The staff were very friendly.
Breakfast had a wide range of food (very tasty) and the view from there was spectacular both during the day and at night (The Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi Palace and the Bosphorus).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel was in the perfect position to explore Istanbul. It was close to the tram and the main sights Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque and the grand Bazar. An ATM was 20 metres away.The views from the breakfast terrace were amazing. The rooms were clean and comfortable. They had tea making facilities and you could open the door on the tiny balcony to get fresh air. Staff were very friendly and helpful, particularly Sevgi and Hanife in the Restaurant. We were able to leave our luggage in the hotel for 2 weeks while we toured Turkey and there was no problem arriving at 1 am after a late flight. I would recommend the Hotel to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Terrible experience. It was agreed to transfer from the airport to the hotel. Upon arrival at the airport 1.5 hours no one came to get me. Upon arrival at the hotel I went to lunch, which is listed in the hotel offer a surcharge of 20 euros, but I was told that today there is no lunch. At 7 o'clock I went to dinner, which is calculated in the reservation, but they said that no chef and no dinner. All in all a very bad experience. Only worth is the location and view.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sabrina_G1986
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days during my fourth trip to Istanbul. The hotel is conveniently located between Sultanahmet/Hagia Sophia/Topkapi/Basilica Cistern on one hand and the Grand Bazar on the other and is therefore close to two tram stops. Breakfast is served on the roof which in Istanbul means that the view is amazing -- Rast Hotel is unique in that it offers views of both Sultanahmet and Hagia Sophia while almost all other hotels overlook one of these places. The breakfast was the best I had during all my stays in Istanbul in terms of quality and variety. The hotel cannot be faulted really but if I have to say something, I would strongly recommend they change the furniture which looks that it's either pretty old or cheesy and fake vintage. Highly recommended all in all.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Just the fact you can look over Blue Mosque from the breakfast bar says it all! Everything in Sultanahmet is near by.

Staffs were very friendly. I arrived there at 3 am but still warmly welcomed :) Also, rushing out to checkout, I left some of my stuff and when I came back to the hotel to find it 3 days later, they still had it and kindly returned it to me (I expected they'd already throw it away). Breakfast was good with plenty of choices. Room was well cleaned everyday for 4 days. The bed was comfortable and loved the terrace.

BUT... the shower booth was tiny and the whole bathroom was tiny! And the drain was not working quick enough and there was always a little pool after my shower, which made me feel like I should finish washing myself as soon as possible. Not good after hours of exploring Istanbul when we need a hot relaxing shower. Someone told me that was the way in Turkey so I didn't get it fixed. But now having stayed other hotels in Istanbul and elsewhere in Turkey, I know it wasn't normal. Maybe my bad.

Overall, it was a standard, average hotel! You'll find few negative opinions about this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends