“it was nice costumer services :)”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #198 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Debrecen, Hungary
“it was nice costumer services :)”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at the Acra hotel. The staff and in particular Mesut were very professional and incredibly helpful. They ensured that all my arrangements and requests were met and all in all were very accomodating. The facilities were first class and my room was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to come to Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The staff of the hotel (Mesut (morning shift) , Mehmet (night shift) were exceptionally helpful in accommodating our requests and making arrangements for our travels. Regardless of the hour of the day, they maintained a good sense of humor. The other staff (Junior Mesut, Orhan, Fret) were also helpful.

Great location - 5 minute walk to Blue Mosque and coast of Sea of Marmara, 10 minutes to both Hagia Sophia and Topkapi Palace.

Rooms were warm, clean and comfortable.

Breakfast selection was adequate. Nice selection of complimentary cakes, biscuits and flavored tea between 3 to 6 pm. Nice welcome after hard day's walking in the city.

4 Thank AAA1971KL
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I visited Istanbul for 5 days last month and choose Acra due to the good reviews I saw on this website. I was picked up from the hotel for free as I booked through their website and also had my room upgraded on arrival as I had a baby with me. The room was cosy and spacious with a cot for my baby.

Throughout our stay the guys at the hotel looked after us. They were always more than happy to give us directions to the different attractions in Istanbul and always arranged a taxi for us when needed. They provide a lovely breakfast for free and the room was always spotless when we arrived back from our days adventure.

The hotel is within walking distance of all the major attractions. You can walk to the Blue Mosque, Hajjia Sofia, Underground Palace and Topaki Palace within 6 minutes. Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar are a 15 minute walk away. I thought I’d need a full 5 days to visit all the attractions but done it quite easily in 3.

I can’t thank the guys at the hotel enough for looking after us. It was our first family holiday and the guys at the hotel played a big part in making it memorable. Special thanks to Mesoud who was star throughout. My baby girl says hello if the guys at the hotel are reading this review.

Room Tip: Choose a Superior room if you have a baby.
4 Thank Zara R
Dublin
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The free airport transfer (for booking more than 3 nights) was useful on arrival. The hotel itself is small and in a quiet street, a stones throw from Topkapi Palace and close to Blue Mosque and Aya Sofia.
I had read that the staff were very helpful and I can confirm this. They were always ready to advise and solve problems in very good English.
We had a superior double room each on the first floor and they were well equipped and extremely clean but not cheap for off season.
Breakfast was in the historic basement and there was a good choice so I had a good balanced meal each morning.
There is a street of restaurants close by and we sampled some of them for dinner with mixed results. One night I asked at reception about a fish restaurant and we were given free transport to and from a very good one which was reasonably priced. Perhaps the car was because it was off season. We also received free transport to a Turkish Bath (hammam) which cost around €22 each including massage.
We walked around the old city a lot and it was always a pleasure to return to the sanctuary of the hotel for a rest. Tea was usually offered as soon as we entered the premises.
I have stayed in a number of hotels in Sultanahmet through the years and this is my favourite.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank strongbow18
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed from 23-25th November 2011 at Acra hotel. The people at the hotel were very helpful in guiding us how to get around, very kind in meeting our extra requests and made the extra effort to make our stay fully enjoyable! the hotel serves a very good breakfast with many of their own turkish products: yogurt and honey with honeycomb, freshly baked rolls etc. they also serve tea and sweets every afternoon in the lobby, complimentary. I would recommend it to everyone who would like to have a good stay and also feel at home. Krysta - Athens Greece

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank krystatzelepi
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 21 November 2011

acra hotel very good hotel.and its so near to blue mosgeu,grand bazaar,space bazaar.ottoman's palace and personals are so helpfull and friendly.mostly i like mehmet and mesut.they help me lot.im sending both of u all my regards.thnx a lot ur guys.

Room Tip: room no 406.thts the best because u can see sea view.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank baron v
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2011

I stayed at the Acra Hotel in Nov 2011 and it was a wondeful experience. I stayed there for a week, with a 2 day excursion mid week to Cappadocia. From the time I arrived until I left the hotel staff was excellent. My family and I were greeted by Lalie, who was so helpful throughout our stay there. She arranged for us to meet a travel agent for our trip to Cappadocia, as well as our boat tour for the Bhosphorus River, as well as many other helpful tips. The hotel itself is centrally located and within walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace as well as the tram. Lalie gave us great tips on everything from what to expect at the Grand Bazaar and Spice Bazaar, to arranging our airport transports/transfers, recommending shops where to get great deals on gifts, as well as where to eat - she's a wonderful asset of the hotel. In addition to Lalie, the remaining staff is suberb. We got to know Mehmet (both of them), Masud, and Hassan all of whom were so friendly and helpful. Mehmet recommended the Gulluoglu bakery in the spice bazaar telling us its his own personal favorite, and it was indeed an excellent recommendation. Aside from the exceptional staff, the hotel itself is lovely. While being close to all the main tourist attractions in Sultanahmet, its on a quiet and quaint street with many restaurants and shops close by. The rooms are extremely clean, in excellent condition, and free WiFi is available in all the rooms. We had heard that the rooms on the higher floor have amazing views of the sea, unfortunately when we arrived all these rooms were occupied. As soon as a room on a higher floor (with a view) was available, Lalie arranged for us to switched into it. Just another example of how accommodating and helpful Lalie is. The breakfast room is lovely with original stones from the palace that existing on the hotel grounds from a long time ago. The breakfast buffet is tasty with a vast selection to choose from, and every afternoon tea and snacks are served in the lobby. Overall our stay at the Acra hotel was amazing and I feel we truely lucked out by choosing to stay there. There are many other boutique hotels in the area, but I feel we stayed at the best one. Aside from the great location, the comfortable stay, its really the amazing staff that makes this hotel an absolute jewel.

Room Tip: If available, ask for a room on the 3rd floor - you will have an amazing view of the sea.
6 Thank Kajal V