“Hotel Acra”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #244 of 1,175 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Great location. Service very good and rooms adequate and clean. Watch out on price though. Information board in reception stated a price triple the one we paid but may be in season prices...

Breakfeast good but a luttle uninspired.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2012

Family trip and this hotel was perfect. Nice comfortable rooms, the location is perfect and the staff are the most helpful and polite of any hotel I have stayed at (I travel frequently to different locations around the world). If you go to Istanbul then this is a great choice.

Room Tip: Family room was ideal with 2 separate bedrooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I don't normally write reviews, but feel compelled to post one after my stay at the Acra Hotel. The staff really made my stay one of the best experiences I have ever had. This was my first stay in Istanbul and from check in to leaving, they helped in every way, including advice on things to watch out for.
Breakfast was plentiful and even though I was late on occasion, the staff waited for me. Rooms were comfortable and the location is ideal if you want to explore the main sites in Sultanamet - including Topkapi (3-4 mins walk), Blue Mosque (4-5 mins) and Hagia Sofia (5 mins walk).
Lots of shopping, restaurants and cafes nearby.
Definitely staying there next time I visit Istanbul.

Room Tip: Quite location in central Sultanamet
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2012

As a family of parents plus an adult child we needed a room for three---Acra Hotel was able to provide that---plus more. The breakfast was fabulous; I tried to count the number of items one morning and lost track somewhere past 65. Acra Hotel is located within walking distance of most big attractions. But the best thing about Acra Hotel is their friendly and helpful staff. We were lucky to find this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very good option to stay in the old part of Istanbul. Large room was beautifully furnished and decorated; in the room was strong Wi-Fi signal. The spacey, marble bathroom was clean and very convenient. Breakfast buffet includes many Turkish specialties, so you can plunge into Turkish vibe right there. Hotel staff is extremely friendly and helpful. So don't hesitate to book it!

One minor downside is the sound isolation of the rooms. Ear-plugs will be handy, also not to hear the muezzin’s morning call to the prayer in the nearby Blue Mosque.

If you look for a hotel with a terrace-restaurant, Acra is not the option while Acra serves breakfast in its ground restaurant, where you can touch the history - 2000 yrs old Byzantine remains.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveller_girl3
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We (3 girls in their mid 20's) stayed in a triple room for 5 nights at this lovely hotel during September 2012.

Location:
The location is fantastic and a great money saver if you enjoy walking. Walking distance to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, fantastic restaurants and shopping, and the Topkapi Palace. The area around the hotel is very safe with charming shops and small restaurants/bars lining the cobblestoned streets. We thoroughly enjoyed the 'European' feel of the Sultanahmet area with it's rooftop bars and alfresco dining. After wandering the streets and looking at other hotels I was so glad we decidied to stay here because I really felt it was great value for money yet still had the feeling we were staying in a more expensive hotel.

Staff:
The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us with anything!! English speaking conceierge and front desk made our life a lot easier and as we were 3 girls travelling by ourselves they gave us a thorough run down on the city and suggested sightseeing attractions and restaurants/bars we should visit. The staff never hesitated to assit us and we felt very welcomed by them.

Hotel facilities:
The room we had was perfect for us. 3 single beds with a decent bathroom. The bathroom is a little dated but for the price we paid we definitely can't complain. Free wifi is available throughout the hotel which is fantatstic and as an Australian Flight Attendant who stays in hotels regularly I was surprised how fast and consistent the internet was. Free breakfast was substantial - we normally ate a decent meal in the morning which meant we didn't need to eat during the day. The selection of fruits (fresh figs everyday!!!) cereals, hot dishes and cakes were more than enough for 3 girls. The breakfast room is located on the bottom floor of the hotel with ancient ruins found throughout the room which provided a nice atmosphere. Complimentary tea/coffee and biscuits are served every afternoon and there is a comptuer in the lobby that is available to use 24/7.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to stay in a nice place yet still have money to spend during their trip! I definitely would stay here again and staying in such a nice hotel really made our trip!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank EKBelle
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We just returned after spending 9 nights at this hotel. I completed the reservation 6 months in advance via email and every detail we agreed to was noted and honored. The airport arrival transfer was right on time. I had requested a quiet room and we were situated on the side of the building (facing north) which did help to reduce street noise. The room was quite clean, had sufficient space ("double twin room") and the beds were comfortable. WiFi was sketchy until I discovered there were several routers in the building; once I was logged in to 3 other routers I had a good experience. We heard lots of pro's and con's about drinking the water in Istanbul; I drank plenty of tap water at this hotel without the smallest hint of a problem. Breakfast was good, but not remarkable (I did appreciate having onsite breakfast). Front desk was helpful when we had any questions. Two short blocks east (just up the hill toward Hagia Sofia) is a street loaded with good restaurants (some have both street side & roof top dining available). I was pleased with this hotel & would not hesitate to return when I return to this amazing city.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends