“Acra - The Place to stay in Istanbul”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #203 of 1,140 Hotels in Istanbul
Mumbai
“Acra - The Place to stay in Istanbul”
Reviewed 28 December 2009

This hotel was selected after much R & D for my Honeymoon stay and to my surprise it surpassed all my expectations...
The rooms are filled with a delightful aroma and have a very nice and elegant decor all together.....Hotel staff are immensely hospitable and friendly...never come across anyone in the tourism industry as such... The best of all is the Breakfast which is too good !!! and yes ofcourse the complimentary Turkish Tea Coffee and cookies... I would definitely want to stay there again.

All the Sightseeing hotspots of the IStanbul city tour are walking distance of about 5 minutes from the hotel in the fabulous and lovely setting of Sultanahmet.

• Liked — Prompt service & a very freindly staff
  • Disliked — No english channels on the Television-- no where to be found in turkey as it is.
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank aiyazkhot

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santorini, Greece
Reviewed 24 December 2009

Our travel in Istanbul was 25/11 – 02/12. We stayed in Acra Hotel and we had great time. We could not have been happier with our choice.

As a member of the travel industry (I am myself a hotel owner in Santorini island Greece) I am usually quite critical with my accommodation options when I travel. Acra hotel was over my expectations in every aspect and I would like to congratulate Ozlem and every each one of all the rest of the staff for the great hospitality.

The hotel is positioned in an excellent spot for walking to a lot of the tourist areas, just some minutes away by feet from Blue Mosque and Aghia Sophia in Sulatanahmet. The staff and the service were excellent from the first moment, (when they pick us up from the airport) till the last day (very personal greeting in our departure). Our Rooms (we had two) were superb with all the amenities a modern traveller expects. The hotel is new and everything in the room and the large bathroom is great. The decoration is elegant and modern at the same moment.

The buffet breakfast is delicious, with great variety and is served in a lovely breakfast lounge with some byzantine ruins around.

All in all an amazing hotel, great people and made a brilliant escape for us to lovely Istanbul. We could not have been happier with our choice.

The hotel ACRA exceeded our expectations, and we highly recommend this hotel.
Thank you again all in ACRA hotel for a wonderful stay in Istanbul. We would be come back (I hope really soon)!

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Geo k
Creece,Creta
Reviewed 20 December 2009

We are a group of 4 friends(1 couple and 2 singles) and we chose the familly room.
The room was very spacious and contained two seperate rooms,recently renovated(everything was knew),exemplarily clean(actually the cleaning ladies even gave their own personal touch when folding our pijamas.so sweet..!),luminous(3 big windows).
The breakfast restaurant was very big and surprisingly built on ancient ruines carefully elected.The breakfast was very rich and the eggs were cooked instantly at order.Only the fruits weren't very fresh.The breakfast waiters were very welcoming.
The personel was extremelly friendly,smily,welcoming and always ready to give us the best advices.Actually the places for dinner and hamam we were recomended by the receptionist were very good and weren't tourist traps as usual.
Tea and cake was often available durring the day at the loby.All these made us fell completly like at home.
The location of the hotel was excellent,just a few minutes walk from all the major touristic sites.
The transport to and from the airport was trully a great advantage.
The only flaw in the hotel was that the internet connection provided didnt function at my laptop.But I could serve the computer available at the loby.
All in all,I believe that the foremost advantage of this hotel is the excellent equivalence of quality and price.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank jeannine_myl
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 16 December 2009

We booked this hotel based on the reviews on TripAdvisor and I have to say we weren't let down. We couldn't have asked for more in terms of the rooms, service or location - and all this for an extremely reasonable price. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Sultanahmet (just around the corner from the main sights and the Four Seasons Hotel), plus it is quite new, so there is still a very fresh feel about it. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone traveling to Istanbul - you won't be disappointed!

PROS: spacious rooms, beautifully decorated, all amenities in room (tea, coffee, hair dryer, safe etc), very generous buffet breakfast, lovely building (reception, common areas etc), extremely helpful and friendly staff, free wifi in rooms, plus a PC in reception with printer, excellent location (5 minute walk to Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque etc), quiet, clean, warm and all at a very good price (we payed 350 euros for a double room for 5 nights in mid Dec using the early booking discount on their website).

CONS: if I really had to mention something, I would say that if you are visiting in the summer, you may be disappointed by the lack of a roof terrace for breakfast (we were there in Dec so it didn't really matter), but you can always enjoy a coffee on one of the gazillion cafes/hotels nearby whenever you want!

In conclusion, one of the best hotels we've ever stayed at :)

1 Thank Katerinask
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We have just come back from an amazing trip to Turkey, part of which was made so by the Acra Hotel.

It was a pleasure to be greeted each morning by the very friendly Lale and Ozlem before a leisurely stroll to all of the sites in Istanbul that are very close by.

An absolute pleasure to stay and and would recommend to anyone travelling to Istanbul, and I definitely will as I am a travel agent!

Thanks again everyone at the Acra Hotel.

1 Thank cadebond
Tudela
Reviewed 11 December 2009

I decided to choose this hotel becouse of the good reviews that I reed before, And I have to tell you thay I have a marvellous time in hotel Acra. The rooms are very good decorated, But the best of all is The Staff who is working there. They are super charmant and professional.Thanks so much I wvill recomended for everybody.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 11 December 2009

It was my first time to visit Istanbul and I am glad that my favorite travel company recommended this hotel. As a traveler, personal safety is one of the things that I consider when choosing hotels. The helpful and friendly staff at Acra Hotel made me feel welcome and at ease during my 10-day stay. I was impressed by the warm hospitality (not to mention, the wonderful breakfast buffet!) as well as by the quality of the room I was given. Even though the hotel was in a slightly busy neighborhood, the room had good windows to block out street noises. Many thanks to Lale, Mustafa, and the entire Acra Hotel staff for being gracious hosts. I would love to come back to Istanbul and stay with you again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo