“Great, Great, Great....loved this place"”
Review of Acra Hotel

Acra Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Victoria, Canada
“Great, Great, Great....loved this place"”
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We had a fabulous stay at the Acra Hotel in July 2010. This hotel was top notch. Excellent service from all of the staff especially Hasan who was outstanding. I would highly recommend the Acra...not only is it everything you want in a hotel it is also so close to all of the amazing sights that Istanbul has to offer. I love Turkey and the Acra Hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank canadianjasmine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 13 September 2010

For about US$100 per night, this was a reasonable value. The entire place was spotlessly clean, the room was quite spacious, the bathroom was well appointed, and the service was excellent. Mesut was very helpful and even moved us to a nicer room on our last night as availability changed. The included breakfast consists of a great spread: fruit, fresh honeycomb, breads, cheese, olives, pastries and hot dishes. On our last morning when we had an early departure, the hotel staff accommodated us by setting out a limited breakfast for us well before the normal breakfast hours. The location is excellent - 5 minute walk to the back of the Blue Mosque and a 10 minute walk to the Sultanahmet tram stop, and yet away from the bustle on a nice little side street. The hotel also provides free wi-fi as well as a modern PC in the lobby for guests to use. Tea and pastries are served in the lobby each afternoon. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at the Acra.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bunagus
Sofia, Bulgaria
Reviewed 11 September 2010

Nice pretty New hotel in Old city Sultanahmet. 5 stars location, helpfull and friendly staff especially Lale and Gokay - best regards friends:). We really enjoyed our stay. We occupied a family room which was very convinient for us (a couple with a teenage daughter). It had 2 separate spacious and very pleasantly furnished rooms. We liked the atmosphere and the great idea to arrange the breakfast hall over the ancient foundations. The breakfast was generaly OK but variety could be improved. We would strongly recomend Acra to everybody willing to discover the magic city of Istanbul.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Couple90
Natal, RN
Reviewed 2 September 2010

I stayed at ACRA , is very close to Blue Mosque at Sultahmet ...
very clean and a very good breakfast

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Brazdani
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Acra is a 4 star hotel at the historic centre of Istanbul. Although is a small hotel it reminds you of great, luxurious hotels of another era! My room was very spacious and even the bathroom was quite large! Decoration is very elegant and the staff very professional. The breakfast was excellent. One of the greatest advantages of this hotel is that major historical areas are within a walking distance. You will enjoy walking while enjoying the view of Agia Sophia and other amazing sightseeing.

Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank S0phie57
Casablanca, Morocco
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I just read almost all the comments of others, and this is not enough to describe the excellent service and quality of the hotel Acra.
This was my first time in Istanbul, and I certainly would never forget, Sultanahmet ... this district in the heart of Istanbul, very quiet, very pleasant which was my home for exactly nine days, surrounded by an excellent staff and appointing Hasan Mesut, Oguz, Okan and finally Fatih
I thank them all from my heart and especially Mesut and Oguz who were able to accompany me throughout the night when I was amused to stay connected at night, their warm and friendly welcome made me feel at home and regret my return here in Morocco. But also, my very pressing desire to go back to Istanbul and spend more time.
Hasan was very lovely, very helpful and very polite with her incredible smile charmed us throughout our stay, one loves to thank my mother and me
Okan, I loved his kindness and helpfulness during my first day, and Fatih ; the funniest of all, who thought I was Spanish hahahahaha !
I thank from the heart of his special character I loved it and all its special attentions .
Just a big THANK YOU!
I strongly back!
VIVE ACRA HOTEL !

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank Soraya74
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 August 2010

I was travelling with my one year old daughter. My wife was a bit reluctant to travel as she was worried about the safety and comfort of the baby, however thanks to Acra Hotel which made our trip extremely pleasing and enjoyable. Key facilities which really helped me during my stay are:
1. Great location – You can see all the key places by walk, also metro station is at waling distance, throughout my 5 days stay in Istanbul I have not spend a single Lira on Taxi
2. Excellent staff and room service - Whatever u want whenever u want, they are there to help you
3. 24/7 hot and cold water in bathroom –
4. Good AC
5. Free baby cot
6. Unlimited tea / coffee
7. Awesome breakfast - No need to rush, all items are available until 10:30 AM.
8. Nice view of Mediterranean Sea. Must ask for room 406 :)

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family