“Excellent Location BUT ..... You must read this !!!”
Review of Grand Esen Hotel

Grand Esen Hotel
Ranked #165 of 1,090 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I checked in this hotel on 20 Apr and I checked out on 29 Apr. I was assigned the room 101. There is no table in the room. That was very unconvince when I need to use laptop. The Room and shower room are small and I felt very noisy because my room second floor and same side with the main gate(lobby)at the first floor. I couldn't have good sleep for the whole stay(total-9 nights). Some of the staffs they speak loudly in the midnight and forget their guest may be in sleeping or are resting. Wi-Fi is sucks , instable. I even could'nt make a video phone by SKYPE. This is the most worst experience I ever had.

Room Tip: If you still have other options than just take them. Only no choices than you pick this hotel for 1...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank HERMES862

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Checked in to the Esen Hotel last week on our return to Canada from Antalya. It was evening and we were a little tired from all the travel. The hotel staff were helpful and we were pleasantly surprised when we were shown the hotel across the street was also part of the Esen. The rooms were tiny, but functional. Bathrooms too. Staff were very kind and helpful. Even took care of giving me a ride to a business meeting in the Sisli district. The breakfast buffet leaves much to be desired, so we chose to skip it the second and third days. I'd probably look for someplace a little more modern next time. But a good hotel nonetheless.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014

i was in istanbul for business all alone, i felt very secure with a very nice and helpful team
the location is great ,exacttly what i need even from airport i came bysubway and tram ,and 2 minutes walking distancefrom tram to hotel ,the hotel bedroom small but very clean
i dont think you cannot beat for this quality price
i will be back and they are speaking english it is not all the place in istanbul

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jjohanne5
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have chosen this hotel coz I wanted to be close to bothbthe old city and to the galata area and ferry docks.
They breakfast was good. The receptionist sadat was very helpful and
speaks good english.
ROOMS ARE SMALL.
NO ELEVATOR.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Amro Q
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We stay at this hotel in August with two kits It is close to everything Compare to other hotels in Istanbul this was the best location Best view good people work there we never have any problem with them They try to help us any questions we have I recoment this hotel and next time I go to Istanbul I will stay in this hotel

Room Tip: We stay at this hotel in August with two kits It is close to everything Compare to other hotels in I...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank ilhan117
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This hotel rocks! it had an awesome view from the fourth floor. The last time I came to Istanbul I stayed at another hotel and it was nothing compared to my experience at Esen Hotel. The staff was very friendly and exceeded my expectations. The price wasn't expensive and the service was perfect. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone staying in Istanbul it's been a great time comfortable and cozy.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Shannon V
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My suggestion is to avoid this hotel, I felt that people working there are not trustworthy and they try to trick you into accepting some other service than the one you paid for.
Let me share my experience: I have booked a room for this hotel with 6 months before my arrival in Istanbul, through booking.com site. In the day my booking started, I got an email(didn't get the chance to read it because I was flying to Istanbul in that day) saying that my credit card is not good. I got to the hotel in the evening, I wanted to solve the problem and give them cash and they said that my credit card didn't work so they canceled my reservation. I have used the same credit card in many countries/hotels and had no problem, this is why I asked them to try again because I was sure it was not a problem from my side. The receptionist said that he tried, but he didn't show me any proof(like the screen of the machine he was using) and he said that he can offer me some other room at a double price than the initial one. I didn't want to accept his offer so I just left.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple