“Do not go there.”

Ranked #162 of 1,047 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Zagreb, Croatia
“Do not go there.”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Never do not book this hotel over the net. They will CHEAT you.
The hotel is terrible! I do not know if there are inspections in Istanbul, who gave them permission to work?
We booked through the net, Shuttle from the airport is should be of the hotel.
But, at an airport - no one came. I phone called four times in the hotel and after 35 minutes, came the dirty van.
Now, the next of surprises: He ADVANCE PAYMENT and AFTER payment, he said that there is NO FREE ROOMS in the hotel, regardless of what we had booked.
Can you imagine how they perfidious cheat and lie.
Now, you'll see why!
The man told (without excuses) that they will send us to another hotel for one night and so we have to walk to another hotel, located approximately 300 m, on the steep, the aggrieved street.
the next morning - We are going back to the hotel. We waited 30 minutes a man from Essen for baggage, He did not come. We wore ourselves.
Again, in Essen-nothing, no excuse, at least. All - normal.
Finally, we got rooms in Esen. It is a horror. It is impossible describe.
You are entering from CURVED-ANGULAR STRAIRS DIRECTLY IN ROOM.
Stairs are wide 60 cm. (Attempt enter the baggage) Room size is 2 x 2.5 m No desk, a chair was disgusting dirty, torn sheets on the bed (not very clean) air conditioner in the window (!), the glass is dirty, cabinet you must not open (fall door). The room floors are full of stains. Bathroom-short-horror!
I asked for money back and to leave the hotel. He said that it was not possible!
I was asleep so I put my blouse. on the pillow.
Front desk manager (maybe owner?), Was angry because I was protested. You can not believe it!
I told him come to Istanbul over 20 times, the last 15 years (the business) and I have not experienced anything like this.
Anyway, he does not understand what is the problem!
Therefore, this hotel should not be called a hotel. I travel around the world twenty years, including Turkey, a hotel like this - I have not seen.
Do not go there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Very good location is an advantage only. Dirty, small and noisy rooms. There were no table, no safe box, no mini bar and no tea-kettle in the room (however it was specified in web-site information). Once I returned in the evening and the door in my room was widely open. It was open the whole day long, the cleaning staff had just forgotten to close it. Poor breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank 416Evgenia

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel a month earlier however when we arrived on 1st May night after a long flight, we were told that our rooms have been cancelled as unable to charge our credit card. It was totally unacceptable as I booked rooms for other locations using same credit card and didn't encounter such problem. We were transferred to their sister hotel known as Pelikan hotel in Aksray and asked us to share the room. I suspect the rooms were given to walk in customer with higher rate and they gave lame excuses that my credit card not working. The best part, I confirmed my arrival one day before via email and they replied said rooms are ready. How can they do this. Going to take action with Booking.com for having such unreliable hotel under their list

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank siva2327
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I checked in this hotel on 20 Apr and I checked out on 29 Apr. I was assigned the room 101. There is no table in the room. That was very unconvince when I need to use laptop. The Room and shower room are small and I felt very noisy because my room second floor and same side with the main gate(lobby)at the first floor. I couldn't have good sleep for the whole stay(total-9 nights). Some of the staffs they speak loudly in the midnight and forget their guest may be in sleeping or are resting. Wi-Fi is sucks , instable. I even could'nt make a video phone by SKYPE. This is the most worst experience I ever had.

Room Tip: If you still have other options than just take them. Only no choices than you pick this hotel for 1...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank HERMES862
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Checked in to the Esen Hotel last week on our return to Canada from Antalya. It was evening and we were a little tired from all the travel. The hotel staff were helpful and we were pleasantly surprised when we were shown the hotel across the street was also part of the Esen. The rooms were tiny, but functional. Bathrooms too. Staff were very kind and helpful. Even took care of giving me a ride to a business meeting in the Sisli district. The breakfast buffet leaves much to be desired, so we chose to skip it the second and third days. I'd probably look for someplace a little more modern next time. But a good hotel nonetheless.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 16 March 2014

i was in istanbul for business all alone, i felt very secure with a very nice and helpful team
the location is great ,exacttly what i need even from airport i came bysubway and tram ,and 2 minutes walking distancefrom tram to hotel ,the hotel bedroom small but very clean
i dont think you cannot beat for this quality price
i will be back and they are speaking english it is not all the place in istanbul

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jjohanne5
United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have chosen this hotel coz I wanted to be close to bothbthe old city and to the galata area and ferry docks.
They breakfast was good. The receptionist sadat was very helpful and
speaks good english.