“Perfect hotel experience, a great stay on Executive floor”

Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli
Ranked #312 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Oberlin, Ohio
“Perfect hotel experience, a great stay on Executive floor”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This should be your top choice in Istanbul, I got free upgrade to Suite room on Executive floor as a platinum member. They did offer everything they could for IHG platinum member.

Location: Sisli is a great area since the Old City is toooo touristic, I like here because of the clear traffic and young educated Turkish live in this area. The people in OId City always say hi to travelers but tried to ask me for money. Sisli is pretty much a CBD area, if you are coming for business, this is a great place to stay. However, I came for leisure, and the transportation is simply awesome. The metro station is 600 meters away, taking a five minutes walk from the metro station on my way back to the hotel was pleasant. The hotel can also get you a taxi whenever you need, the taxi service is not expensive. The hotel area has supermarket, restaurant and basically everything you need. A good thing is, unlike the Old City, many things are cheaper here since they don't treat you as tourist but a local.

Room: I used IHG points for Business Room and they upgraded me to the Executive suite on the 9th floor. It has a big balcony which offered me a nice view so that I could enjoy my reading. The living room is big, and the bed is comfy. Two big bathrooms offered me a lot more flexibility,and shampoo were overstocked. Two televisions in each rooms have over 50 channels.

Breakfast: The reception added breakfast for two of us, the service was good. The staff always ready to refill your coffee or tea cup, the choices for breakfast was great.

Others: The swimming pool is great, and I was given daily newspaper every morning (New York Times International). Free water, coffee, and snacks in room, the only problem is Wifi is weak on the executive floor. But it was not a big issue, but it'll be great if they can improve it.

Room Tip: Get an upgrade if you could, the executive room is great, particularly the rooms on the opposite s...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
HISisli, Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review and for choosing Holiday Inn Sisli during your recent visit to Istanbul. We especially love hearing from our loyal IHG Reward Club Guest ! As a platinum member you always have extra benefits that provide you a better fealing of the hotel.

We pride ourselves on delivering our guests the best service possible from they walk in the door to when they leave. We hope to see you again next time when you are in Istanbul

Best Regards,
Onur KARA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bettendorf, Iowa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn-Sisli in Istanbul. A refreshing place for a family to stay and enjoy the sights and sounds! Onur, the manager, was awesome! He took care of us and had the keys ready! He recognized my Platinum Elite status right away and had everything ready!

The room was nice - great views of the new town, sea, and mountains. The room was clean, but had a lot of furniture. We were upgraded to a suite which had 2 bathrooms and 1 bedroom. The seating area was very nice and perfect for the kids! Housekeeping gets 2 thumbs up for their care of the room!

The breakfast was very pricey - i would recommend the hotel reduce the fare or allow options - but the buffet was nice and plentiful for a family of five. Can be expensive for 3 or more....you can find something more economical down the street if you wish.

The kids enjoyed everything but the pool - we were asked to purchase caps for their heads - they didn't fit their munchkin heads. I was a bit disappointed too as no pool has ever asked me to have caps for leisure swimming. I would ask the hotel review this internal policy as the staff couldn't explain why it was enforced either.

Overall, the hotel is well located in a commercial and business district - a bit far from the old city, but it is a great place to call home when traveling to Istanbul.

I would recommend travelers stay here for their Istanbul trip!

Room Tip: Ask for room 901 on the Executive Floor if available!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hello!

Thank you very much for staying with us again and posting your review at the TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that once again you had a great stay with us and I am very happy to read that you appreciated and liked your room and the service.

It is always fantastic to read feedback about the things we are improving and changing in our establishment.

Looking forward to welcoming again when you are in Istanbul !

Best regards,
Adelaide
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Holiday Inn Sisli
This hotel is in the new town and I stayed here as part of a Trafalgar Educational trip in Turkey.
Personally I would stay in the Old Town, however this hotel is lovely. It is in a shopping district and is approx 2 kms from Taksim Square and the bars there.
Free wifi but only 1 device. breakfast is good. The staff are friendly and are always there to refill your coffee. There is your standard toast and cereal as well as Turkish style foods such as cheese, tomatoes, olives etc. there was a small hot selection with bacon and scrambled eggs as well as some sausages and other hot items that change daily.
I ate 1 dinner there which was the goats cheese ravioli. 27 lira but nice.
We had a room on exec floor 805. 2 beds and nice size bathroom. However no pull out washing line across the bath. Sep shower and shower was great with excellent water pressure.
Hair dryer in bathroom is one if the ones you have to keep hold of the button.
Only a small luggage rack or space to put a spare which I find really lacking for a major hotel chain.
English tv channels limited to CNN and BBC world.
One thing I did notice is we couldn't get the curtains to fully come together of their own accord
And ours was not the only room this occurred apparently- but it could be solved by putting your case against them.
Excellent fitness centre however to use the pool you must use a swim cap and a shower cap will not suffice.
It has a range of well maintained machines and a sauna.

There is some nice eateries around as well. And for those who want McDonalds or Burger King they are within a few steps of the hotel. 10 mins up the road waking is a mall which has Zara, Gap, Mango and a further up the road another 10 is a mall with H&M.
There is an ATM outside to the right of the hotel about 2 doors down.
A cab from here to Old Town is approx 20£ each way and the taxis here are metered but you also have to make sure the meter stays on.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank wildflowerb
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 April 2014

i stayed for 8 days with my family from 19 march 2014 till 27 march in room 513. nice hotel with excellent breakfast,but awful housekeeping at least for us. in the same period, my friend was staying in 6th floor. everything was wright for them,but not for us! intentionally,i didn't complaint till check out! our room was so dirty,the responsible person,seems to hate from vacuum cleaner, no toilet paper & ..... it seems that there is no daily check of housekeeping by supervisor!
the indoor pool is so attractive,but the water is so cold( maybe due to economic reason) hope they will improve above mentioned problems in future! naseri alireza

Room Tip: nice location,excellent breakfast with Istanbul's hotel standard!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank alireza827
HISisli, Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hello!

Thank you for choosing to stay at Holiday Inn Sisli and for taking the time to share your candid feedback regarding your recent visit. I sincerely apologize that your experience was less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and procedures on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and concerns have already been addressed with the Housekeeping for the near future.

Once again, we would like to extend our sincerest apologies, we are looking forward that you will give the hotel another chance to serve and make it up to you. We greatly value you as our guest and we are always ready to do our best to ensure that you enjoy a seamless visit with us, If you wish to discuss further, please contact me at onur.kara@hisisli.com.

Warm Regards,

bangalore
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I had stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks. Location, food, stay etc everything was perfect and I am pretty much happy about their services.I have not used the spa and swimming pool, but had just made casual visit to the same.I felt even that was pretty cool .

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HISisli, Manager at Holiday Inn Istanbul-Sisli, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello !

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. I am so happy to hear about your wonderful 3 weeks stay. It’s good to hear the overall experience from guests such as yours. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Holiday Inn Sisli including the location and the service.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Verona, Italy
Reviewed 26 February 2014

A brand new hotel, located in Sisli, the new "European" area of Istanbul. It is located near the Osmanbey underground station and close to a commercial mall.
The hotel is new, clean and confortable. We were given a suite and it is fabulous, with a great terrace, The staff is nice and friendly.
There is a small spa available but unfortunately no massages could be taken that day.
Unfortunately it is far from the historical part of the city. From there you need to take the underground, then switch to the funicular and then take a tram. It takes about 40 minutes and, although the transport system is very convenient, it takes quite much time.
I would definitely go back if I am there for business. For tourism, I would rather choose a hotel which is nearby the history.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Giacomo C
Hello!

We appreciate your candid feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgraded Suite! We take great pride in the quality of our service, and we are glad that you felt well taken care of.

Dear Giacomo, I apologize that you were not able to experience our spa services, which we recommend our guests make in advance reservation in order to avoid fully-booked.

We hope to welcome you back to the our hotel soon,

Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Very nice, the location is awesome, near the metro , the food as well, the morning breakfast was tasty (the restaurant exceeded our expectations), but the maintenance of the room is poor, AC not working properly!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends