“Not a pleasant experience! ” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sipahi Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sipahi Hotel
Ranked #777 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
“Not a pleasant experience! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Positive: Nice and friendly staff and convenient location. The rest: Unfortunately, rooms were unhygienic and breakfast was substandard. Although staff helped me change the room and gave a better quality room but even that was not properly cleaned (fungus under the table etc). Bathrooms are in appalling condition. With simimlar price better hotels can be found in Istanbul even im the same area.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me, my Girlfriend and Friends of ours were visiting Istanbul for a 5 days and we spent 4 Nights at the Sipahi Hotel in Sultanahmet. I got there 8 hours earlier as I wanted to plan a small surprise for my girlfriend when she got there for her Birthday. I am a frequent business traveller and generally stay in the chain of hotels but I was travelling with a few friends so they were staying in this hotel and I booked my room there too. I had a Double Bed Room and our friends a Twin Bedroom and I was very pleasantly surprised. It was way above my expectations. The hotel room was clean and so were the bathrooms. The Double Bed Room had an attached Toilet and the Twin Room had a Wash Basin and the Shower and Toilet are Common on the same floor. We found our stay very comfortable and the hotel staff very friendly. The Owner of the Hotel Mr Murat is really hospitable and so is his staff who even helped me set up things in my room for my Girlfriends Surprise Birthday, including getting glasses for the Champagne to keeping the Cake in the fridge to helping me decorate over a friendly cup of Chai. They respect your privacy and we felt we were not staying at a hotel but with a family and that had a real nice touch to our trip. It is also very centrally located with the Grand Bazar just 2 Minutes walk distance and the other attractions at walking distance and is just a minutes walk away from the Tram. Taxi's are also easily available from this point. Here are some pictures of the rooms and the bathroom and the view from the Roof Top where the Hotel Owner even helped setup an ambient setting at night for some of our friends. We felt at home and anytime we are in Istanbul, we will come back here.

Vikas Mathur

Room Tip: Double Bed Room was Best
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank VikasMathurFilm
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions and will stay again and again. The hotel is basic but it is very clean, the staff are lovely and in a perfect location to explore Istanbul. The breakfast is a traditional turkish breakfast of bread, olives, cheese, boiled egg, jams and tea or coffee.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank macca1234
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

This was my second time in Istanbul and I wish I would have known about this hotel the first time. The people working there are amazing! So helpful and always in a good mood. The hotel is situated in the perfect spot for touring, walking distance from Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and about a block from the Grand Bazaar. Transfers to and from the airports were a breeze, a restaurant next door with great home made meals and don't forget the hamam down the street which the hotel gets a discount at! It is by far the perfect place to stay! Always felt safe and welcomed!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank gayleen p
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

Hotel very well located close to all tourist attractions.
very professional staff , friendly and useful, always ready to help and advise on the best places in istanbul.
cozy, clean and very safe.

thanks for the fantastic stay that provided me

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I traveled back to this hotel this year again as I enjoyed my stay there last time. It's cheap, clean, safe and close to all the major tourist attractions. The staff are excellent and really looked after me whilst I was there. They are all very nice people and so much fun! Great little place!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Excellent location! The people of the hotel is very nice and always willing to assist in whatever the guest needs. It is a serious hotel, quiet, familiar, warm and very safe!!! has everything you need for a good stay and not worry about anything. It is within walking distance of all the sights either Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, Grand Bazaar, shopping, etc etc. I have been hosted over a month and I felt like home!!!!!! no doubt, I will return next year!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patricia Abdeljalek ( Buenos Aires - Argentina)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo