“Very good for Business”

Ranked #259 of 1,149 Hotels in Istanbul
Tivoli, Italy
“Very good for Business”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

A great hotel for business travel. There is a business center and in my room I had a desk and lan cable. Many different location to have meeting inside the hotel. Great view from the breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Point_Barbaros, Konuk İlişkileri Müdürü at Point Hotel Barbaros, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your precious comments with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and the business facilities. If your business plans ask for Istanbul once again, we hope to see you and welcome you in Point Hotel.

Best Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It is my first time in point hotel and it was really a very good experience.
I will back for sure to point hotel in my next trip to Istanbul, and I will advice all my friends to try it in their future trips.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A great hotel for people travelling with work. Between the modern decor and amenities you couldn't ask for much more. The rooms have desks in them, they have a business center, great gym, games room and the view from the breakfast restaurant is fabulous. The staff are incredibly helpful and polite and make your stay that little bit nicer.
The bathroom was perfect and the room in general was spotless. My only criticism would be I ended up with a room with two single beds which were very small and the breakfast was not great but that may be a preference issue.
All in all I wouldn't hesitate to stay there next time I am in Istanbul and would recommend it to any other business travelers.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for precious opinions. We are really happy about your beautiful comments for our hotel. If you have not already did, please let us know next time about your bedding preferences so we can do our best to help you. We would also be very interested about your opinions on what we can add to our breakfast buffet. We can not thank you enough for recommending us to other business travelers and of course can not be happier that you feel that way. Hope to see you in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Point hotel is well located in Şişli in Istanbul. It contains all you need for a good stay from gym to entertainment room. It is always nice personnel meeting you in the door and at the front desk. The view from the breakfast restaurant is very good. You can follow the boat traffic in Bosporus or the car traffic crossing Bosporus. The only minus I find with the hotel is the programming of the elevators.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Bosporus if you like boat traffic, even if is a bit far away

Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your precious comments with us. We are happy that you enjoyed out facilites and the view. Your nice words about our staff is always motivating us for the better. Rest assured that the programming of the elevators is a problem we are aware of during busy days and we are trying to solve it. We hope to see you in near future.

St Albans
Reviewed 13 January 2014

What a nice hotel. Great lobby and decor, perfectly situated for my needs and, as is usual in turkey, a very warm reception, quite literally.

The room was beautifully presented, spotlessly clean, tastefully decorated and it all worked. Great mini bar air com etc, and a fabulous bathroom. Very much trod the line between a boutique hotel and a big shop really well. The fitness centre and spa were top drawer and the games floor, a whole floor of consoles and arcade scale games was a really smart addition.

The restaurant was italian and not really my cup of tea (especially in a carb free january) and so I ordered a room service steak which was fine and an extremely good turkish cab sav. Nice.

There was no TV service of note, just the basic international news channels and no new movies, something they can really work on I feel. I'm sure that most travellers would rather have a good movie in their room than a couple of games consoles in the basement. - I'd go back though, and in fact I think I am next week.

Up to now I would sort of of recommend if you took your ipad. But then came the morning....

Breakfast sucked! No bacon, cold eggs and really REALLY terrible coffee, and I'm not that fussy. I would prefer to eat out, no really. They sold an 'executive package' onto the room - this included breakfast - I might save your money there if I were you.

Room Tip: Do try to get one facing the bridge view of the river - it is really quite something.
1 Thank Dave W
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 January 2014

The hotel is fantastic, the staff are friendly and highly recommended for business travelers. The room is very clean and modern. Probably one of the best hotels in Turkey.

Tourist should avoid this hotel as it is very far from everything mainly taksim square. This hotel only suits business travelors. Try the point hotel taksim square instead

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Emirates_Arab
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you for sharing your precious comments with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the hotel and thank you very much for your great compliment. While it is true that our hotel is not within walking distance to Taksim, it is within walking distance to the metro station which can go directly to Taksim Square in not more than 10 minutes. So if you want to visit Taksim Square but stay a little bit away in a calmer place, we sure hope to see you in near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Good hotel for business trips. Reception is always ready to help. Two disadvantages:
1) the TV set in my room had an HDMI option, but there is no HDMI cable on the reception desk. An advice to have it just in case.
2) Room service. Cleaned my room well, brought away dirty cups and empty bottles (also from mini bar) but didn't bring new clean cups, glasses, bottles of water and new mini bar items. After phoning room service I was assured everything would be brought in 5 minutes but it wasn't. After 3 hours more I phoned again. Only then they brought 1 water instead of 2 and no tea and coffee at all. To tell the true, it didn't do my day. And an advice for a room service is not to touch personal things while cleaning, it's not very pleasant...

• Stayed November 2013