“amazing stay at the heart of istanbul”

My Home Sultanahmet
Ranked #671 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“amazing stay at the heart of istanbul”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

had a great stay at this charming hotel, great room, amazing terrace overlooking the marmara sea, special thanks to the owner, Birol, who was kind enough to welcome us with great wine and conversation. wish we could have stayed longer. great staff, great breakfast, will stay there next time for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank ninanina1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Terrible experience.
You can not believe all these happened to me just at one time staying there. I could not change my hotel, because all the hotels around were full. I made my reservation one month in advance. When I got there, they told me there was no info of me in their system, but I had the name of the person who I made my reservation with; so, they offered me a room in 4th floor (my reservation was for the 2d floor). There is no Wi-Fi upper than 2d floor. The room was very small. Toilette and shower are extremely small and uncomfortable. One night when I came back to the hotel, they told me that they moved all my stuff to the next room with out my permission. The new room had no air condition functioning. Finally, in the last day, when I wanted to pay my bill, they charged me 1.5 times more than our agreement. I had no other chance because my taxi was waiting for me to take me to the air port.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank Farzin P

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Sherman Oaks, CA
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Badly in need of repair and poorly managed; unsavory crowd for dinner and drinking on one occasion; stale toiletries; weak AC in some rooms (intolerable during a heat wave - 6/9-6/14 2012); bed bug on one occasion; rotten egg for my first breakfast; would have left for another hotel but was stuck due to having booked through Expedia! A few more dollars gets you a much better place as I did after I left this place.
I suspect the good reviews are written by or on behalf hotel management.

The only thing working here are the friendly staff who manage to sooth you with kind words and I suspect know that their job relies on continued operation of this place.

Room Tip: Luck of the draw! I wish I had taken photos.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank ddfortravel
Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed 9 May 2012

All the hotels building are the same, you have to concern about people, location and service
If we start with reservation, the manger "Mustafa" very helpful, and arranged car to pick up us from airport, a perfect breakfast, not much things but very enough to start your day with happiness, i took room 502, which is not much sea view but really wide and you move so smoothly and still have some sea view, you will enjoy the hotel team, they are funny, helpful, and you will fell very optimistic when you talk to them.
Just in top you have the terrace with overview for the old city with Marmara Sea, you have to take photos in that terrace
For the location for me surprised how much easy for it, in general you will mix the roads but for that hotel you never lost, in south you have the metro station and if you cross it you will find the Grand Bazzar (Which you shall visit in Istanbul), and you can get your stuff and return direct to hotel, except you have to have strong leg muscles for the inclined street :), from the north you have the other metro line, and around are the old historical places
You dont waste your time and money with that hotel

Room Tip: 502 is wide, it can accommodate triple
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank OctopouS
london sw15 3tl
Reviewed 26 May 2010

my husband and i stayed here recently and from the moment of arrival until the day we departed we were welcomed with friendly and helpful staff.we ate in the rest and had a very enjoyable meal.our room was very clean,beds very comfotable.slept well every night,we were there for 4 nights.our room had a beautiful view.this hotel is small and very well situated.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kayibz
roma
Reviewed 23 April 2010

We spent three nights in this nice hotel; rooms and baths are very clean, even though some of them are very small. It is very close to the most important attractions. Good breakfast with some turkish specialties. The staff is very nice and helpful and add a great value to this reccomendable accomodation!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank plastica66
london
Reviewed 10 April 2010

We have rented three double bed rooms. They were very clean and good looking. The staff and the owner himself are always more than happy to help for any need you can experience.
Very, very good place to rest or have fun since it is located in the very center of the old city.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family