“Never”

Ranked #275 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Moscow, Russia
“Never”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was so awful... Never, listen, never do the same mistake like me. Only one thing - view from the roof. That's it. I had single room, without window and any space. Just bed and walls around. Parking for 10 TL.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Alexander G
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feed back about our hotel above.
I am sorry to be informed that you didn't satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Although we try to do our best for our guests, we sometimes are not successful to make them happy during their stay. I read your review and checked the room which you stayed in our hotel. I accept that the room which you stayed was little small but I can not accept your insults and the most of your negative comments about our hotel. Below, I wrote the opinioun of our hotel about your comment.
1-) You booked single room and we gave the room which you booked. (Measuring 161 square feet (15 square meter). This room is small but this is written on your reservation form. You booked the room through expedia.com and this information appears on this site. It means that you can not blame us about the room's size.
2-) The room has window just back of the bed. Although you saw it, I don't understand why you wrote NO WINDOW.
It is a very big mistake.Tripadviser.com is a valuable site. All comments should be written right.
3-) Althogh you booked a single room, we gave you a room with double bed. This should have been written by you. However, you didn't mention anything about it.

Still, we will be glad to host you in our hotel again. In order to make you pleased, we will arrange a double room with Mosque view.

Looking forward to seeing you in our hotel.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales
Osman YASAR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We only stayed for a night but had a great experience. The room was large and clean. The rooftop terrace had amazing sunset views of the water. Centrally located. We had an early flight and since we couldn't partake in the free breakfast buffet (which looked delicious) they made us HUGE sandwiches to take on the plane. Very nice place. Should be noted however that he hotel is right next to a mosque so the daily prayers are a bit loud, but we were used to them by then anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at Dara Hotel in mid November 2013. Despite being cheated by the taxi driver when we took taxi from Taksim to the hotel, we found the hotel location is perfect, particularly if you only have limited time in Istanbul and wishes to explore the Sultanahmet area (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar) in one day. The hotel printed its own map, which includes the tram and metro routes. The map helped us a lot when we finally took the tram/metro to the airport and to explore the city. We got double bed room on the 1st floor. The price is reasonable with free wifi and breakfast included. Our room was clean and warm, with a nice view of Little Hagia Sophia from our window. Just a few steps from the hotel, you can find a nice restaurant named Sokullu. Overall, Dara Hotel is a great place to explore Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 4 December 2013

Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed 27 November 2013

When looking for hotels I always look at price, location, safety, and cleanliness. This hotel covers all these requirements. The hotel is on a quiet street and a five minute walk from the blue mosque and the Hagia Sophia. The staff was friendly and helpful. The buffet style breakfast is free and very delicious. I will miss having it every morning at the top of the terrace with a slight view of the sea. There are lots of restaurant around the hotel and if you walk down hill in a few minutes you can have a nice walk along the sea. Next to the hotel there is a small mosque which will wake you up to the sound of the daily prayers but it adds to the feel of the culture so I didn't mind. This is not a perfect hotel. I couldn't get the TV to work (but who needs it anyways) I also had some trouble plugging in my electronics but in the end I got them to charge with some effort. If you want to experience Istanbul then stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gabriela G
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 November 2013

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at the Dara Hotel for 4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay there. The hotel is very clean (I usually am very picky when it comes about cleanliness), the furniture is almost new, there is a good attention for details.

Its location is really good: just 5 minutes away from the Blue Mosque and the Hippodrome, 15 minutes walk to the Grand Bazaar. It just across the street from a Roman column and a mosque and the restaurant is situated at the top floor (4th floor), with a nice view to the sea. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (buffet) offers quite a wide range of food. Maybe one thing is that the juice is not natural orange or other fruit juice, but made of syrup. However, they have Turkish dishes and also European/international dishes for breakfast.

Rooms are not that big, but they bring the cosy feeling and they're nice - they even have flowers at the window. Bathrooms aren't big either, but they're very clean and instalations are well done - the shower didn't flood the whole bathroom (as I experienced in other hotels with more stars).

Something that might disturb clients during the night is that there are prayers at the mosque across the street at 5-6 in the morning - but this is happening in all places in Istanbul probably, so you just have to get used to it. Otherwise the street isn't noisy - it's actually quite pleasant.

I will definitely stay at the same hotel when I'll come back to Istanbul!

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 2 and 3 on the street across the mosque have sea view.
2 Thank IulianaRada

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 November 2013

the location of the hotel is excellent - 5 minutes walk to the Blue Mosque , Hagia Sophia and Topaki Museum. Very easy to use the trams from Sultanahmet to all areas of the city.
The hotel provides an excellent base - the rooms are fine - best to get a room on the first two floors, the third floor has more noise from the top floor terrace/breakfast room.
Breakfast is excellent with a great range of dishes -Semra who does all the food preparation was a delight , very friendly and helpful. View from the terrace is lovely.
Hotel staff are all polite and very helpful.
Lots of good eating places close to the hotel .
Do not be afraid to use the trams/metro to travel from both airports - it is an easy experience and one that you should not miss out on - plus it is cheap to use the tram or metro.
Overall a great base for exploring Istanbul

Room Tip: use the trams and metro for travel quietest rooms on first two floors
1 Thank tony187065

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We (as 2 guys) went to Dara hotel in September 2013, almost at high season, we booked a dabble beds room for almost 70 euro per each. First of all the hotel location is excellent, hotel is in Sultan Ahmet area heart of historical places of Istanbul . You can visit almost all the historical places in one day. You have also access to train (5 min walk) which is the cheapest transportation in the Istanbul. By 10 min walk you can reach also to Ayasofya and Blue Mosques and …
Hotel is a 5 floor building which is not too old (around 30 years), the rooms which we tried (3 rooms) were too small and just one person could walk around at the same time. Only few rooms had outside view, and you have sea view only at roof.
The room service was fairly good, towels were clean, everyday they change the sheets and pillow's cover if you like. The rooms were humid and you need to open the window while you are leave the hotel. AC working good and you can adjust the temp. Water shortage is everywhere in Istanbul and rooms mini bar is empty, you must buy water from outside. Soap and shampoo are available but no toothbrush. More important on safety , there was no emergency exit at the floors, no fire alarm or smoke alarm inside the hotel.
The breakfast was fairly good but no flame under the dishes and always was cold.
The most lovely thing about the Dara Hotel other than location was very kind and friendly staff! (in my utter of surprise). Especially a kind lady which you meet at the breakfast time.
Overall it was expensive compare to the service we received, and hotel charge you mainly because of its location but not the services.

Room Tip: All the dabble beds room are very small and no outside view, but king size bed rooms are fairly lar...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mojtaba175
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid comments you have written for our hotel. I am really sorry to be informed that you had some disturbances during your stay. As you wrote,the hotel building is old. Because of safety, we could not enlarge the rooms. Still, I belive that the rooms are enough large for our guests. We don't get many complaints about the size of rooms. There is fire alarm and security in the hotel. There is always a person at reception. I can not accept any complaints about safety. I accept your complaints about breakfast. We will pay more attention to Braekfast. We will provide flame at breakfast soon. I have already checked the rooms you have seen and stayed. We will check huminty as well.

Thanks for your candid positive comments about staff again.
We will be glad to host you in our hotel again.

Best Regards,