“Good price, location and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dara Hotel Istanbul

Dara Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #260 of 1,116 Hotels in Istanbul
Valladolid, Spain
“Good price, location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

First of all, the location is very good as it is located 5 minutes walking to the Blue Mosque and Agia Sofia. It has also good transport connections, with the Sultanahmet tram stop only a short walk from the hotel.
The hotel service was nice, as I arrived to the hotel at about 8am and was allowed to enter my room and get breakfast. The breakfast is located in a terrace on the last floor overlooking the city. Probably would be more enjoyable in summer or better weather, as it started to snow after only a few hours in the city.
Nice size room and toilet. It was clean too. As the hotel is in a small street is was quiet during the night, if you want to rest properly.
Because of the bad weather I decided to cut short my stay in Istanbul. After talking with the manager they allowed me to cancel the last night of my booking without extra charge, that was very kind.
Really enjoyable city, and a good hotel to start exploring it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank JesLon
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

The brilliant place with friendly, kind, attentive staff always ready to help and make your stay unforgettable... Location is convenient, service is excellent... Thank you, guys for making my travel experience in Istanbul awesome!!!

• Stayed February 2014

Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

It was so awful... Never, listen, never do the same mistake like me. Only one thing - view from the roof. That's it. I had single room, without window and any space. Just bed and walls around. Parking for 10 TL.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Alexander G
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feed back about our hotel above.
I am sorry to be informed that you didn't satisfied with your stay in our hotel. Although we try to do our best for our guests, we sometimes are not successful to make them happy during their stay. I read your review and checked the room which you stayed in our hotel. I accept that the room which you stayed was little small but I can not accept your insults and the most of your negative comments about our hotel. Below, I wrote the opinioun of our hotel about your comment.
1-) You booked single room and we gave the room which you booked. (Measuring 161 square feet (15 square meter). This room is small but this is written on your reservation form. You booked the room through expedia.com and this information appears on this site. It means that you can not blame us about the room's size.
2-) The room has window just back of the bed. Although you saw it, I don't understand why you wrote NO WINDOW.
It is a very big mistake.Tripadviser.com is a valuable site. All comments should be written right.
3-) Althogh you booked a single room, we gave you a room with double bed. This should have been written by you. However, you didn't mention anything about it.

Still, we will be glad to host you in our hotel again. In order to make you pleased, we will arrange a double room with Mosque view.

Looking forward to seeing you in our hotel.

Best Regards,
Director of Sales
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We only stayed for a night but had a great experience. The room was large and clean. The rooftop terrace had amazing sunset views of the water. Centrally located. We had an early flight and since we couldn't partake in the free breakfast buffet (which looked delicious) they made us HUGE sandwiches to take on the plane. Very nice place. Should be noted however that he hotel is right next to a mosque so the daily prayers are a bit loud, but we were used to them by then anyway.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at Dara Hotel in mid November 2013. Despite being cheated by the taxi driver when we took taxi from Taksim to the hotel, we found the hotel location is perfect, particularly if you only have limited time in Istanbul and wishes to explore the Sultanahmet area (Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar) in one day. The hotel printed its own map, which includes the tram and metro routes. The map helped us a lot when we finally took the tram/metro to the airport and to explore the city. We got double bed room on the 1st floor. The price is reasonable with free wifi and breakfast included. Our room was clean and warm, with a nice view of Little Hagia Sophia from our window. Just a few steps from the hotel, you can find a nice restaurant named Sokullu. Overall, Dara Hotel is a great place to explore Istanbul.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 4 December 2013

Diamond Bar, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

When looking for hotels I always look at price, location, safety, and cleanliness. This hotel covers all these requirements. The hotel is on a quiet street and a five minute walk from the blue mosque and the Hagia Sophia. The staff was friendly and helpful. The buffet style breakfast is free and very delicious. I will miss having it every morning at the top of the terrace with a slight view of the sea. There are lots of restaurant around the hotel and if you walk down hill in a few minutes you can have a nice walk along the sea. Next to the hotel there is a small mosque which will wake you up to the sound of the daily prayers but it adds to the feel of the culture so I didn't mind. This is not a perfect hotel. I couldn't get the TV to work (but who needs it anyways) I also had some trouble plugging in my electronics but in the end I got them to charge with some effort. If you want to experience Istanbul then stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gabriela G
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 November 2013

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed at the Dara Hotel for 4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay there. The hotel is very clean (I usually am very picky when it comes about cleanliness), the furniture is almost new, there is a good attention for details.

Its location is really good: just 5 minutes away from the Blue Mosque and the Hippodrome, 15 minutes walk to the Grand Bazaar. It just across the street from a Roman column and a mosque and the restaurant is situated at the top floor (4th floor), with a nice view to the sea. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast (buffet) offers quite a wide range of food. Maybe one thing is that the juice is not natural orange or other fruit juice, but made of syrup. However, they have Turkish dishes and also European/international dishes for breakfast.

Rooms are not that big, but they bring the cosy feeling and they're nice - they even have flowers at the window. Bathrooms aren't big either, but they're very clean and instalations are well done - the shower didn't flood the whole bathroom (as I experienced in other hotels with more stars).

Something that might disturb clients during the night is that there are prayers at the mosque across the street at 5-6 in the morning - but this is happening in all places in Istanbul probably, so you just have to get used to it. Otherwise the street isn't noisy - it's actually quite pleasant.

I will definitely stay at the same hotel when I'll come back to Istanbul!

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 2 and 3 on the street across the mosque have sea view.