“Applaud the service!”

Ranked #262 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Applaud the service!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at Dara’s for four days. The service is excellent and reception managers Yilmaz and Itaz, extremely helpful. At the time of check-in they provide maps demarcating all the places of interest. This helps navigation through the city, from and to the hotel. The rooms aren’t large but comfortable and spotless. The housekeeping team is worth applauding. Our booking included breakfast; the spread though large, was disappointing since the food was cold, not fresh and shabbily presented (this compared to the breakfast we had in Goreme and Antalya). The taste wasn’t good either and we even skipped eating it in the last 2 days. The view from the terrace where the restaurant is, was amazing.
The hotel is well located in the sloping by-lanes of Sultanahmet with close proximity to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, The Basilica Cisterns, Topkapi palace and the tram station. It’s barely a 5 – 10 mins walk. There are a good number of restaurants around. Of which Ozi’s Pizza and Vaha are highly recommended. Downhill from the hotel there is a general store from where you can buy your stock of water, sodas and munchies. The one uphill is expensive. Right outside the hotel there is a mosque so you get to hear the “Azaan” during the set time.
Tip: Be extremely careful while walking on the slope outside the hotel as people drive very rashly and at high speeds. Use the footpaths.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SaaKu
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear Valued Guest ,

I would like to thank you for spending the time to write above review about your accommodation at our hotel. I am happy to be acknowledged that you had a very good stay with us and you are happy for your experience.
I have also informed my colleague with your nice comments in order to make all of them pleasure about your feedback.
Osman YASAR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed seven nights, perfect family holiday with three young children. Hotel is clean throughout, staff are dedicated to ensure your every request is fullfilled. Hotel location is within walking distance to all places of interest. Staff will advise you on all local amenities. Will recommend Dara Hotel as we enjoyed our stay without any issue and will visit again!

Khalid (UK)

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Khalid M

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

A good place to stay at your first time in Istanbul. Close to the tourist attractions and a really nice service and breakfast. In the reception they always help you with showing you where to go, calling a taxi etc. We even got to borrow a tram-card! My only negativa thing is that the last couple of days the bathroom started smelling from the drain.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Linda Å

Inverness, Scotland
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here with my sister November 2013.
The location is perfect!
A few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and very easy to reach all the main attractions.

The staff were very welcoming and it was very helpful that I was able to have direct contact via email with the hotel. On arrival we were given a map and helped to understand where local attractions were.

Breakfast - it was SO delicious and what a range of food. I can't wait to return and have more! The rooftop terrace is fabulous with a very pretty view to the sea.

The lovely lady around at breakfast time was so friendly and helpful and made a point of speaking to everyone and making us all feel at home.
In fact, all of the staff we met were friendly and very polite, I'm sorry I didn't catch names.

Rooms were spotlessly clean and we had very comfortable beds!
Friendly cleaning ladies did a fabulous job every day in our room.

Thank you Osman and your team for a fabulous stay. Can't wait to return in September. :-)

Fiona :)

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank effemme4
Fiona,

Haute Normandie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel well placed, near SultanAhmed (Blue Mosquee) and Aayasofya (Hagia Sophia) mosques and centre of Istanbul - near Tramway for Grand/egypt Bazars and Eminonu ferries/fishes !

Reception is very hospitable and good service in rooms.

Good price/service evaluation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
hoteldara, Director of Sales at Dara Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 31 May 2014

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the hotel for four days. We found the staff to be proactively helpful. We have a disabled child and in every way the hotel and staff went out of their way to help. Itaj the guy at reception would see us coming and open doors, help us up the stairs and generally made things easy for us. Very friendly staff thru out. The location was perfect only a 3-5 minute walk the main attractions. We were given a huge room with three singles,a double bed & space for all of our luggage and disabled chair. It has a lovely restaurant at walking distance along with a hamaam at a 10 minute walk. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if you have kids it's fantastic.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nadeem_k7

Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you're looking for upmarket luxury then you won't choose the Dara Hotel. But, if you're looking for an affordable, comfortable hotel with a great central location then the Dara Hotel is for you.

As already mentioned on other reviews, the rooms are spotless, the breakfast great with a wide choice and the staff helpful, hard working and kind. Also, the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sofia are a short walk away and is the Sultanahmet tram stop.

I run a small tour operating business and if I was ever to expand - I would choose the Dara Hotel for my guests to stay at.

Thoroughly recommended!