“Very nice staff and good value”
Review of Martinenz Hotel

Martinenz Hotel
Ranked #783 of 1,171 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have stayed there for two nights,and except the reception area, I quite enyojed the decoration. The location is perfect. U can walk all the historic sights,and u can shop around too. The staff working at the front desk is very helpfull. Thank u very much Martinenz:)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Hicali

Reviewed 2 November 2012

I don’t think I would recommend this place. We stayed there for one night only and although it was not disastrous in any way, I’m glad our stay was not any longer. The hotel is in the middle of city centre but it has no personality whatsoever. Our room was really basic and we just never felt “at ease” the whole time we stayed there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Bastije
Reviewed 22 July 2012

we stayed at Martinenz hotel for 2 nights in mid July. our expectationsbwere not high begore arriving given the reviews and the fact that it is a 3 starts hotel.
our terrible experience started right at the moment we arrived at the hotel, where we found out that we had to carry our heavy luggage 20 steps to reach the entrance.
to be honest, the check-in was fery fast and smooth.
when we entered the room, our nightmare began. the room is vey small, but that is ok.
the air condition was almost not working and it was very hot, we called the reception multiple times and they insisted that it is ok. to make the longbstory short, the AC in the whole hotel is needs replacement.
the other issue was that the bathtub was leeking water and each time i had a shower the floor was flooded. i asked the hotel to fix it, but did not.
the beds were very uncomfortable, the springs in the mattress wre poking our bodies all night!!
adding to that, the breakfast in the restaurant was very bad in terms of taste and variety.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank i_aboulenein
Reviewed 21 July 2012

we spend 4 nights there with a terrible rooms, first one the AC was very very bad, the second one good AC with one small bed for me and my wife!! the third room was wide but same problem with AC again..really I don't recommend to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask the receptionist to see the room and test the AC, may that can help!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and loved it. Official rating is 3 star & it provides quality accommodation at a very affordable price in the heart of historic Istanbul - a perfect choice for someone like me on a budget as always! There are warm & spacious public areas & an American-style bar. The hotel and the rooms were very clean and the towels and the sheets were changed every day. My modern room was decorated with warm colours & provided modern amenities such as television, air-conditioning & hairdryer.
The service was superb for a hotel of this level - the staff helped me with everything that I needed - they were so friendly and polite.
The food was very good & the restaurant has memorable views.
The hotel is well-placed from which to explore this exotic city, within walking distance of many of the main attractions.
I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Bubbles73uk
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The 4* rating ascribed to this hotel is misleading as I felt the service and facilities were of a poor standard. The staff were often unhelpful and rude while the rooms did not have kettles, a stocked and properly working fridge. The absence of universal/european adpaters was also highly infuriating.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

i go istanbul yearly and i know the hotels there are really awful but i tried this hotel and till now i stayed for 3 successive years good clean nice roof restaurant good breakfast nice lobby good rooms . Don't worry just go for it on my guarantee ;)))) enjoy IStanBul

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends