“Good location, but that's it.”

The Q-Inn Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #528 of 1,161 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This place has a good location, walking distance to pretty much anything that you'd like to see around old town Istanbul, but I really can't understand why it has such good ratings

+ Free wifi, and it's working. Good breakfast buffe in a nice environment on a rooftop.

- The rooms. They are tiny. And make sure that you don't get a room on the 7th floor - it's under the breakfast hall, so unless you'd like to wake up 06:00 by people starting to prepare breakfast, make sure you avoid this floor if you do stay here. My bathroom had a leaking toilet. The water was running all night and it was hard to flush. The TV wasn't working (well, I didn't care, just mentioning).

- The area is probably not the best to stay nighttime alone. It felt a bit dodgy.

- The service. First of all I booked a hotel through hotels.com and managed to book a non-refundable room in January (default date). I know I messed up but I thought it worth checking with the hotel if they could help me cancel it anyway and rebook it for me. Answer: "I will talk to my manager". Did they? Probably not - the day after I called back and got the same answer. When I arrived I asked again. Same reply "I'll talk to my manager". No answer. When I got a noisy room I told the staff, guess what they said: I'll talk to my manager. Did I get any feedback? Nada. Zip. Nill

I would say that after visiting Istanbul several times at different places I'd stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 7th floor at all cost.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Zalle78
Cem D, General Manager at The Q-Inn Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to read your review about our hotel and I wish we could provide you a better holiday in here.

Your reviews and critics are very important for me and for my hotel staff as well since we always want to improve ourselves and our service here.

I appreciate your ideas and please give us one more chance to serve you in our hotel one more time and indicate the improvements or developments in our quality and service to you.

Please remember you will be always welcome to our hotel and please let me know if you need any assistance from Istanbul or Turkey and I would be glad to help you as much as I can.

Kind regards,
Cem Dalcı

There are newer reviews for The Q-Inn Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 3 November 2012

I went with a friend (two females) for 8D7N, and the room was just enough for the both of us. The room was regularly cleaned, there was no noise to disturb us specially at night. The furniture were just sufficient (2 single beds, one bed side table, 1 cupboard, 2 electronic sockets, and a small bathroom). Once we missed breakfast by an hour (overslept) and the staff still managed to put together something specially for the two of us.

Breakfast is good.

The staff were very helpful and cooperative (even with he lack of proper spoken English). Me and my friend would regularly go to the rooftop (where food is served) and was always greeted warmly by the staff, specially a very kind Chef named Alparslan, who made sure we always had our coffee and we comfortable!

The nearest tram station (Laleli tram station) is just 5mins walking distance, and the nearest metro is just 15mins walking distance (Aksaray metro station).

Our last day we requested for late checkout which was granted, and we were also able to keep our luggage at the reception until our flight timing later in the evening.

This is the perfect place to stay if you go to Istanbul with a friend rather than honeymoon!

Room Tip: 7th floor is the best to choose as it is just one floor below the rooftop where you can go and enjoy...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SamSam1989DXB

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to read your great review about our staff, service and completely our hotel and I am very grateful for your kind words. It was a great pleasure to host you in our hotel.

Please be sure that those great words always motivate us to work harder and improve ourselves. And if you need any assistance from Istanbul or Turkey, please keep in your mind that you can always contact with me and I would be glad to assist you as much as I can.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with other people at this very important platform.

Kind regards and best wishes from Istanbul,
Cem Dalcı

Reviewed 12 October 2012

Over a three week period, I stayed at the Q-Inn for six nights. The hotel is centrally located to all the tourist sites during the day and easily accessible to explore the excellent nightlife in Taksim Square. The staff at the front desk, housekeeping and at the cafe were kind, efficient and very accomodating. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean and there was minimal street noise due to no cars being allowed on the front street. Thanks to the Q-Inn staff for helping making my stay in Istanbul a memorable one....we'll see you next time!

Room Tip: Ask for the quietier, larger rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

This hotel pretty much ticked every box for a traveler. The rooms were clean with comfortable beds, the staff was friendly and the location is great. Don't expect luxury, but if you're looking for a hotel that is above-average, this one will fit the bill.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Dear Qinn team

i just want to thank you all for the kind service you all offered, as housekeeping were very helpful, as reception and room service were so friendly, and sure kitchen chef also, it is not the first time i visit your luxury hotel, and am pleased to be your regular visitor whenever i go to Istanbul.
best regards to the management of Qinn on the top Mr.Jame and the friendly receptionist Murat.
i appreciate you for the hard working team you all have. Raghad :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Was there with my German Girlfriend for 5 nights in Istanbul. Perhaps 4 star qualification compared to Italian Hotels (I am Italian) is too much, but the price was valuable and the service more than good thanks especially to the daily receptionist (Jasper was his name?) and the main waiter of the breakfast room!
Very easy to reach Bazaar, AlyaSofia, Blou Mosque and Topkapi

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2012

The hotel is very accessible; very near to everything from tram to shopping centers to restaurants to gift shops, everything. The room is quite small but its clean and well maintained everyday. Hotel staff are friendly and approachable especially the reception Canser. If I'm going back to Istanbul I'll definitely stay with this hotel again. Good job!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends