This place has a good location, walking distance to pretty much anything that you'd like to see around old town Istanbul, but I really can't understand why it has such good ratings
+ Free wifi, and it's working. Good breakfast buffe in a nice environment on a rooftop.
- The rooms. They are tiny. And make sure that you don't get a room on the 7th floor - it's under the breakfast hall, so unless you'd like to wake up 06:00 by people starting to prepare breakfast, make sure you avoid this floor if you do stay here. My bathroom had a leaking toilet. The water was running all night and it was hard to flush. The TV wasn't working (well, I didn't care, just mentioning).
- The area is probably not the best to stay nighttime alone. It felt a bit dodgy.
- The service. First of all I booked a hotel through hotels.com and managed to book a non-refundable room in January (default date). I know I messed up but I thought it worth checking with the hotel if they could help me cancel it anyway and rebook it for me. Answer: "I will talk to my manager". Did they? Probably not - the day after I called back and got the same answer. When I arrived I asked again. Same reply "I'll talk to my manager". No answer. When I got a noisy room I told the staff, guess what they said: I'll talk to my manager. Did I get any feedback? Nada. Zip. Nill
I would say that after visiting Istanbul several times at different places I'd stay away from this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- .The Marmara Terace restaurant features a 100 person capacity dinners in a cozy atmosphere in order to keep its guest as pleasant as possible. Marmara Terace Restaurant offers authentic Turkish, Ottoman, Italian, French and other international cuisines to its visitors. You will be amazed by the diversity of the offerings.General Information;51 specially decorated rooms24 Hour Front Desk"Marmara Restaurant" with panaromic viewQ-Inn Cafe & BistroLaundry & Dry CleaningNon-Smoking roomsParkingFree wireless internet connectionConciergeRoom Amenities;Direct Dial PhoneMinibarIronSafe BoxSatellite TVPhone in bathroomsHair DryerAir Conditioner ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Q-Inn Hotel Istanbul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The q Hotel Istanbul