“Great place and the friendliest staff!”
Review of Ast Hotel

Ast Hotel
Ranked #1,031 of 1,173 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 6 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights and are so happy we did. The breakfast was great and was served on a nice terrace with great city and water views.
Great location, about 10 minutes to all the major sights (Aya Sofya etc)but the best part was Ahmed and Sera, the two staff that rotated at the hotel. They were so friendly and helpful with anything we needed were just all around enjoyable people to be around. A great value and good experience!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 25 August 2012

I went to Istanbul in 2009, the city was very full and needed to change hotel. A gentle boy suggested to me this family's hotel and me and my friend had there an amazing holiday. The boys who manage the hotel are very nice people, we had good breakfasts, nice staying watching stars on the terrace - from where you can see the Istanbul wonders and hear different muezzin calling at the same time to prayers. It's true: the building is different from what we expect a hotel to be in Italy and there's some troubles into the rooms, but you can almost touch the Blue mosque from here, you're in Kadirga, close to the turquish bath, in the middle of lively and cultural area of Sultanhamet (in the past refuge for hippies :) )... where we have seen the ramadan festival each night..... amazing!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2012

DON'T BE FOOLED OVER THE CHEAP PRICE OF THE HOTEL!

WE were given two rooms, one with a blucked oilet and bathroom, and the other room with leaking roof in the toilet. When we checked out the next day, the hotel manager (Ahmet) charged us for four nights which was the whole amount. Rooms smelled cat pee and the dirty carpets in the rooms smelled horrible.
We (me, my daughter, my mum, my brother and sister in law) couldn't bear the very poor hygine of the hotel. Then we checked out and lost 250 Pounds because the Hotel Manager had my card details from the Booking.com which I made the booking with. Hotel charged me, despite me refusing to sign for it.

Very interestingly booking.com took no responsibility with regards to the false advertisement of the hotel and on providing my card details to the hotel.

Please always read the reviews before any booking. If I had done so, I wouldn't have ruined my family's holiday!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sima S
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at the AST HOTEL for a couple of weeks. The fairly large room (by Istanbul standards) had been newly painted with a new bathroom. The bathroom is a 'wet room' so you have plenty of room to shower, not like some other hotels we stayed in Istanbul. We had a balconey off of our room that had a great sea view. There is also a terrace that you can use where they also serve breakfast. The view is fantastic! But the best part about the AST HOTEL is the service. Shukru and Ahmet were the most helpful people I have met. They made our stay in the hotel most memorable. The hotel is situated about 5 minutes away from the Blue Mosque. Also, if you are looking for good, cheap food, Ahmet can recommend a very good restaurant. If we return to Istanbul, we will return to the AST HOTEL and not even bother to look anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa774
Reviewed 9 April 2012

PLEASE pay attention to other reviewers! One good thing from this hotel is the receptionist, Mr. Ahmed. The others thing are totally minus! I can truly say, that this is not hotel, but HOSTEL! The information that is written are not completely true.

I traveled there with three friends, and according to the information, which I received by phone call, that I will get family room, with one big bed and two single beds. We got picked by one of the worker, Mr. Murat, who is acting friendly, but fake.

They took us to the hotel and we met the friendly receptionist, Mr. Ahmed. All of sudden they said that the room are full and they transferred us into another hotel, which is also the part of AST Hotel. They said, that it is a new building with new furniture.

We arrived there at 1 in the morning and we agreed to move, since we were very tired and need to sleep. The location of new hotel is quite far and we had to walk. The building is located near the vile area. And we saw that the building is not ready yet to be occupied. No internet connection, the floor is dirty and full of sands, the TV is not working, no BREAKFAST and the view is HORRIBLE!

The more minus thing is that they gave us one room with one king bed size and one single bed and they suggest all of us to sleep there! We are not a PIG! We pay for it! And we have argued with the porter, and he is not very polite and really disrespect the guests! And to solve the problem that night, we decided to get our money back and find other hotel. But they offered us to add more room and it is used only for a night.

We disagree and told them that we will move in the lunch time and still we asked for our money back. But suddenly we got information that we can stay at the main hotel at the lunch time.

At 10.00 in the morning the porter knocked our room and asked us to get out, because the room will be taken by other guests. This is one of the prove of lack of service and hospitality! We argued and we left the hotel at 12.00 as agreed.

Once again we met Mr. Ahmed, and with his smile and hospitality he welcomed us to the room that we order. The room is nice but the toilet is horrible. The water works very small. The view is horrible and you can not see the sea view as it is mentioned on the information.

The breakfast is only bread with jams and coffee or tea.

Then at night, the General manager of the hotel, Mr. Reis Tastan, talked to one of my friend with high tone in front of other guest at the lobby. He complained us, by making trouble. WOW! He is totally BLIND that his hotel is like a pig's cage! Dirty and smell awful! He argued with us and one really disrespectful thing is he insisted us to go out from the hotel. But we disagreed since he won't return our money!

Shortly, I DON'T RECOMMEND you this hotel! But if you enjoy wasting your energy by arguing with stupid porter and general manager, they will welcome you. And one more thing, at the time I was checking out in the early morning (05.00), I saw three guests are sleeping on the couch. I believe that they experienced the same problem and they did not get the room!

But yes, I have to say that Mr. Ahmed is really nice guy with pure heart to help people there! And yes, don't order airport shuttle from the hotel. order it at the agency near the hotel. The hotel will charge you 20 euro, while the agency will charge you only 5 euro! Enjoy you trip!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Felix K
Reviewed 1 April 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Hotel is undergoing renovation at the moment. New rooms look simply fabulous and will likely be done within the next month or two. Old rooms are rather shabby, but all rooms are being renovated. Price was a bargain, likely as it was the off-season. Management exceptionally helpful, courteous, and accommodating. Included breakfast was simple, rather limited, and European-style, consisting of coffee, water, sliced baguette with butter and jam; better breakfasts could be found at other hotels we stayed at.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends