“NEVER!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,010 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Kiev, Ukraine
“NEVER!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

When I came to the hotel at the late evening on March 7th, the manager said that there is no free rooms in that hotel (regardless of the confirmation 3 month before), but he will provide a room in another hotel nearby. What we've seen there was just an awful room without any heating, hot water and even without clean bedclothes! Everything in the room was completely different from what I've seen at the pictures on booking.com.
We haven't stayed at that hotel even for one night, we have left immediately to another hotel.
Moreover, the hotel management refused to return the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay, nice people and great help of them if you need something they help you were they can! For that price is it a good place!! I enjoyed every second of my stay and will come back soon!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Esha J
Mersin, Turkey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

I went to Istanbul with my family-my husband and daughter. I cannot express through what nightmare we had to go.
The room has nothing to do with the photos you have here. It smelled badly, very high humidity. The bathroom - a total disaster. There was dirt everywhere. In the bed i found hair. The floor was not clean as well. Anyways we stayed there the first night. In the morning we went up to terrace to have breakfast. It was raining. The terrace was not covered with anything. People who wanted to have breakdast had to eat either under the rain or under badly covered terrace part which was soaking. Another option to take it to your room and have the breakfast there - on the bed! That is what we did. The quality of the breakfats is another issue.
We came back to the hotel in the evening. Later at night while i was sleeping i had to wake up as i heard water sound. The ceiling was soaking!!! With preassure. It was raining outside and i think there was a hole or smth. We put whatever we had in order to keep our stuff safe. We packed immediately very early in the morning and went to check out. People at reception didn't even offer any help! We paid for 2 nights and went to another very nice hotel for the same price just across the street.
From the whole experience i got very very dissapointed with Expedia which sells hotel rooms like this. This is somehting that brings down your reputation. I am going to share my experience wherever i can. I didn't have to go through all of these with my family (6yrs old daughter) it was a nightmare

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Aysel O

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

VALLENTUNA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hi,
This was my first hotel during my tour along the Silk road, but this was a hotel where there was no hook for towels, no chairs and only one lamp in the celing. It was also difficult to close the door because the floor raised after we had used the shower.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank bontrask
Kiev, Ukraine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Horrible management, incompetent staff, dirty rooms, broken toilet, dirty laundry, terrible breakfast and the intolerance of the guests. As far as Istanbul was perfect, so do not want to go back to the hotel in the evening.

Room Tip: Don`t book rooms in cheap hotels
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank igortfox
philadelphia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

The only positive about this place is its outstanding location. Women must avoid it regardless. The owner of this place Ahmad initially appeared to be quite friendly. There were some initial hiccups which were addressed after I took a strong stance. Specifically, the hotel advertises the availability of Wi-Fi connection in the rooms. I was given a room at the 5 th floor and the room did not have a Wi-Fi. There is no telephone in the room and no elevator either. Besides, the lobby where the Wi-Fi worked had no AC. The bathroom door in my room wont close-so the floor would be flooded whenever I took bath. The problems were not attended to after several complaints. Only when I threatened a bad review, I was shifted to another room.

The new room was in the 3rd floor & Wi-Fi connection worked inside. Bathroom door could also be closed. But, during my first bath, I was shocked by the owner opening the bathroom door and entering-thats right, I was still in the showers. He did not knock the bathroom door. Apparently, he knocked at my room door, which I probably couldnt hear since my bathdoor was closed and I was under the shower. Apparently, there was water on the floor of the room which seeped outside. But that still does not explain why he entered the bath without knocking. Lights were on in my room, the key was on the desk, all pointing to the fact that I was inside. Besides he knew that a woman was living in the room.

What shocked me even more was that he did not instantaneously apologise, but vociferously argued with me that he did not do anything wrong.

I didnt feel safe in the hotel after this experience - thankfully it was my last day and I was glad to be out the next morning.

Just stay out of this property!

Room Tip: Stay on lower floors - there is no telephone in the room and no elevator either
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank SaswatiSarkar123
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

The owner of this hotel deserves five stars: he is kind, helpful and always ready to answer your questions. The rooms, though, are not great despite their excellent location. The price is a bit high for the quality but I imagine you are paying for location (all the sights are within walking distance). We stayed in the second Ast hotel (closer to the Grand Bazaar) which has an elevator (the first one does not). Our room was an OK size with a large shower stall that contained the toilet, sink and shower head (no where to place it, though, so you have to hold it). The rooms are not properly vented for the showers so the ceiling (which should have tiles above the shower) is mouldy and started to smell musty after a few days of showering. No room cleaning over the five days we were there, which is OK, although one day would have been nice to have a cleaning. Beds are quite hard (which some like but my back doesn't). Breakfast is at the first hotel (yes you have to walk, no its not a big deal), up on the roof where you have a spectacular view of the city. The food is simple, traditional turkish but quite good (cucumber, tomato, olives, bread, hardboiled egg, jam, tea). We enjoyed our mornings.

All in all, you can probably get a better deal elsewhere but we though it was fine so long as you know to expect a bit of shabbyness and mustiness in the rooms. We were OK and you will be too!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple