“Wonderful Hotel, wonderful stay....”
Review of Agora Life Hotel

Agora Life Hotel
Ranked #44 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
“Wonderful Hotel, wonderful stay....”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We love the hotel for many reasons. The staff was amazing, and did everything they possibly could to make our stay comfortable. Even waking up to a power outage...we were greeted with breakfast by candle light, and somehow...hot coffee! The hotel itself was lovely, very clean, reasonably priced in a great location. We will definitely go back to this hotel when we travel to Istancool again.....

Room Tip: We had room number 103, and had a balcony and a view of the Aya Sofia!
1 Thank RollerDiscoPrincess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Honestly AgoraLife hotel has been booked by chance. We (my wife and myself) just looked for a reasonably priced hotel in the city centre and simply found it in Internet. We were lucky and the hotel appeared to beautiful!
Very friendly and hospital personal, nice location within 5 minute walking distance from Aya Sofia and Blue Mosque, splendid roof terrace... everything was really great! The hotel is small and quiet and city noise doesn't reach it. Nice fish reastourant next door.
We've been in Istanbul for the first time and enjoyed Turkish hospitality a lot. Istanbul in winter is a real magic place. It is a pity we had only five days there and our dream is to go there again. And of course to stay in AgoraLife!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alexander B
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed at Agora Life Hotel for five nights in January 2012 and were so impressed with the excellent service, friendliness of the staff, stunning rooms and views! Centrally-located in Sultanahmet and very close to the Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Basilica Cistern, Grand Bazaar, little restaurants and shops as well as tram stations, it's the perfect base from which to explore the magnificent city of Istanbul. The breakfast buffet was really varied and delicious and I would suggest ordering a bottle of wine to sip on while enjoying the views from the roof terrace - they even presented us with a sumptious veggie and cheese board for free when we ordered wine! Rooms are cleaned daily, are elegant and come with complimentary slippers and nightgowns and other nice goodies. You also get a bottle of water for free daily. I will recommend this hotel to other travellers, it's really made our stay in Istanbul super-duper wonderful!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marlise P
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I travelled to Istanbul with my husband and we stayed for 5 nights in this hotel. The staff was very helpfull and friendly, they recommended us all the places to see in Istanbul. They also spoke English very well. The hotel is very comfortable and clean, also the rooms are quite small but have a great view on Bosphorus and Hagia Sophia. The location is great, only few minutes walk from Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sophia and Tram station. I definetly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank Kateryna0001
Lahore
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Agora Life accommodated us at a very busy time of year, and that too for 10 nights. Not only was the service excellent, but we became part of the Agora Life family by the end of our stay. Each and every staff member was bright, cheerful, helpful and in the warmest manner possible. The people at reception, Kadir, Isa, all of them took care in giving us personal attention and helped arrange our outings every day.

The location is perfect because it is literally a 2-minute walk from the Aya Sophia and the most happening and magical 'Sultanahmet' area. This puts it at a perfect distance from the Tram station making it a very good location for tourists who want to remain mobile. The views from the rooms are breathtaking. Our room had a view of an Ancient Hamam on one side and the Bosphorus on the other. Our other room in the last three days had a view of the Aya Sophia, the Topkapi Palace and the Bosphorus Bridge that just being in that room was like going sightseeing.

Everyday we found our room spick and span, with an inviting complementary bunch of hot drinks to warm us up. Never has any hotel made us feel this special not only as customers but as people. We became so comfortable over there, physically in the fantastic rooms and otherwise with the hotel environment, that it was like leaving home by the end. We made some lasting friendships with everyone at the hotel and Agora Life helped make the Turkey experience complete!

P.s. Don't forget to try their delicious Turkish delights at reception.They are the best I've ever had!

Room Tip: If you are on the first floor then best to get the one with the views of the side streets as the Aya...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Zara Z
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Being encouraged by other reviews I booked this hotel for our 4 night stay in Istanbul. We were certainly not disappointed and I wholeheartedly recommend a stay here. We had the Bosphorus suite which afforded outstanding views of the Topkapi Palace, the Golden Horn/Bosphorus and the Hagia Sophia as well as the Galata Tower. The hotel is immaculate and the staff go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The Agora Life is tucked along a quiet side street which makes for peaceful sleeping but absolutely central to everything within the old quarter. Breakfasts were a European buffet style with freshly made cooked dishes to order. There are a whole host of fabulous little restaurants within a stones throw for lunch and dinner A laptop is provided within the lobby for guests' use. The hotel has a super little library of guide books which we made good use of. We had a super trip to Istanbul and will certainly return to the Agora Life.

Room Tip: The two suites on the top floor offer outstanding views
3 Thank carolinerevell
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I just came back from visiting Istanbul for a week. I randomly booked the Agora Life and I'm so happy I did because this place is awesome. The rooms were comfortable, clean, modern and I had an amazing view from the Bosphorus suite.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly, helpful and they spoke English. They gladly helped me arrange for a private guide, taxis, reservations at restaurants, etc. The level of outstanding customer service and attention to detail made me feel like I was staying at a really nice apartment building with a front desk that I had known for years. I never felt anything less than their best and most important customer and the other guests I spoke to felt the exact same way.

The breakfast downstairs was great. Lots of cereals, breads and cheeses. The breakfast attendant, Ugor (sp?), also made me eggs sunny-sided up every morning without any extra fuss. Towards the end of my stay, he had the eggs ready for me and I didn't even have to ask. That kind of attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond was typical of my stay at Agora Life.

Lastly, the location was ideal to tour the old city. It's easily 5 minutes away from Hagia Sofia. It's about a 15 minute taxi ride from the bars and clubs of Taxim but the ride was about 18 Turkish Lira. I personally liked staying but the old stuff and then taking a taxi to the bars at night. Agora Life is perfectly situated so you can visit some historic stuff, walk back to the hotel to rest and then go back out at night. My friends and I walked around during the day, came back, rested and then took a taxi to go out.

OVERALL - Customer service and a great deal are really important to me. I know there are other hotels that are slightly cheaper than Agora Life but I would gladly pay the extra few dollars to stay at a nice hotel that's clean, modern, perfectly situated and that comes with great customer service.

-Nicole, Lindsay and Stacy