Agora Life Hotel
Meddusa Hotel(Istanbul)
Adamar Hotel(Istanbul)
  • Restaurant
1,008 results
All reviewsrooftop terracehagia sophiagrand bazaarkadir cikanold cityblue mosquewithin walking distancegolden hornrecommend this hotelbasilica cisternbosphorus straitrooms are cleanperfect locationturkish teaa lovely staymain attractionsthe hotel staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Perfect location, amazing views from the rooftop and incredible, helpful staff. We were walking distance from all the main sites and across the street from the very well known Hamam. The staff was wonderful and celebrated my friend's birthday with a cake. Every question we had,Kadir took care of it. The rooftop terrace has one of the most amazing views we experienced in the whole city. Breakfast was bountiful with a great variety of both savory and sweet selection. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank plavi
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have to admit, i was a little skeptical when i made my reservation via booking.com. there are so many hotels to choose from in Istanbul and I was overwhelmed with the choices - but this hotel kept coming up so i bit the bullet and made the reservation for 10 nights. Within 15 minutes of my reservation, i got an email from the hotel requesting for my airline arrival information so that they good arrange for a pick up. from the airport - so I was impressed because usually I have to call the hotel to make arrangements.

When i got to Istanbul, the driver was waiting and there was no hassle. We went to the hotel - I was happy to see that the hotel was located very close to all the main sites - Sofya, Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, Spice Market! In addition, it is very close to the tram in case you want to head to Beyoglu. The staff is small - but very efficient - Kadir - the Manager - is probably one of the best managers in the hotel industry! They had a bottle of wine for me in the room - free of charge! What a nice way to start my vacation!

The rooms are updated and nice - typical European style in size - but the nice thing is the rooms are very clean and maitained well! the terrace is really nice along with the other amenities. Needless to say the facilities are probably one of the best in the boutique hotels in Istanbul - Sultanhamet!

But what makes this hotel so nice - is the Staff -including the owner! they were available and prompt in thier assistance - that goes without saying. But they did more - it was my birthday - and they were very kind and generous - they arranged for a cake and gave me a gift! we had a little birthday celebration with the staff - honestly, it was one of the best times I have ever had in any hotel!

I am planning to go back to istanbul and will stay there again!

Room Tip: The rooms are nice - as with any boutique hotel - the higher the floor the better. Make sure to enjoy the terrace!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fauzia Z
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The Agora Life was definitely one of the best parts of our trip to Turkey. It has a great location within easy walking distance of the old city and it's wonders. Clean and comfortable, the Agore Life's terrace gives a great view of the city, including a stunning view of the Aya Sofya. The complimentary breakfast was very nice and the terrace exemplary. Courteous and professional, the staff were always pleasant and very helpful. Effortlessly exuding an ambiance of comfort and familiarity that all hotels strive for, but few achieve, the Agora Life is a marvelous place to stay while exploring the magic of Istanbul.

4  Thank Mojomj
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Staying at Agora Life was such a lovely experience. From being greeted warmly upon arrival with hot coffee and tea, to the panoramic views on the rooftop terrace, everything about Agora was fantastic. It's within minutes of Istanbul's most famous attractions. The rooms were clean and comfortable, while the staff was always ready to help. Overall, the experience at Agora Life only added to the wonderful vibes of Istanbul.

4  Thank jcaesar00
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Recently stayed at the Agora Life and was very satisfied. The hotel was clean, comfortable and hospitable. The staff were very polite and helpful answering tons of questions and arranging transportation, food, etc. The location is great for seeing the big sites in the Old City area. It is just down the street from the cistern and Aya Sofia. However, it is tucked away on a side street, and it has a lot of charm. It is also close to several forms of transit that can easily take you to other neighborhoods, though we often walked. Especially to the Spice Market and Grand Bazaar, and over the Galata Bridge to the Galata Tower, Istikal Caddessi, Beyoglu, Taksim, etc. Perhaps the real highlight of the Agora Life is the rooftop terrace with its amazing 360 degree view of the city, particularly Aya Sofia. We spent several afternoons/evenings up there relaxing with drinks and snacks, enjoying the view and the sunset. It was never crowded.

This was my first time in Istanbul, so I can't compare to other places, but I would certainly recommend the Agora Life.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor, which obviously has less of a view. I would assume the higher floors might be better for that purpose. However, as I said above, you can always go to the roof for an amazing view.
1  Thank Kevin K