“Wonderful Staff”

Agora Life Hotel
Ranked #46 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We got a free upgrade to a suite for two days with a Bosphorus view and it was a wonderful surprise. It had a small attached terrace with a breathtaking view. The room that we got afterwards seemed smaller after the suite and it had no/partial view of Bosphorus. The room and bathroom was clean. The breakfast was good but it would have been even more amazing if it was served on the terrace. The hotel is in the heart of Sultanahmet so all the places to visit are within walking distance.

The staff is the best part of the hotel. Erican was the most helpful of all.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sumair T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 August 2014

There are many hotels in the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul, but of those that I've sampled Agora Life is, hands down, the best. The rooms are clean but generally average (seemingly a theme in the mid-tier Sultanahmet hotels). But the rooftop terrace, looking out over Haghia Sofia and Topkapi Palace, makes everything else matter less. Serenity amid chaos.

I also have to explicitly commend the staff. My (now) wife and I stayed there in the lead up to our wedding in Istanbul at another hotel. We had family and friends with us and organized a cocktail for guests on a Saturday night before the main event. The Agora staff went out of their way to make everything perfect - cannot say enough about them! Also we had at least 5 guests who lost luggage en route to Istanbul (thanks British Airways...) and the folks at the front desk worked tirelessly to locate and get the bags delivered - something that the 'nicer' hotel that we stayed at after Agora didn't do nearly as well.

In summary, definitely recommend Agora.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank talesofaturkey
Dear talesofaturkey,

Thank you very much for this stunning review you took the time to write on your recent visit at our terrace in Agora Life Hotel, Istanbul..
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel terrace . Thank you also for taking the time to underline the service you received from our dedicated team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Istanbul for another great experience.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

My wife and I stayed for 5 days, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, gave us good suggestions. The hotel's locations is perfect for discovering all that Sultanahmet has to offer. I would recommend this place to everyone, especially the Bosphorous suite which had a small terrace with beautiful views of the water. The only negative I have is that we were there at the end of July, it was quite warm, and I think the room's AC (in addition to a few other items) is nearing the end of it's life expectancy.

Room Tip: Suites on top (4th) floor have beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ahmad I,

Thank you for taking the time to post your warm recommendation on Trip Advisor.
We really appreciate your comments and are delighted to hear about your experience.

We will also analyse your criticism about AC and will improve it to the top level.

Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to meeting you again.

Sincere regards,

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We (as parents) were staying at the hotel as the World Youth (u18) Championship for Water Polo was being played in Istanbul. We asked if the hotel was interested in hosting a dinner for the boys and other parents on their terrace. They said they would be delighted and Mr Kadir gave us a reasonable quote.

Well what a special evening and a memorable moment for the boys and parents. The owner attended the dinner and as a special gesture presented the mothers with a present of a scarf. (Lovely touch). We had a wonderful night, great service and excellent food. This why this hotel is so well rated on tripadviser and how the smaller hotels can just do special things. We must support these great people.

Attached is a photo if the Australia Youth (u18) water polo team on the terrace with the hotel owner and staff with the Aya Sophie in the background.

The staff worked so hard to set up, pack up and support us. A special mention to the chef as she ensured the boys had huge meals which was best quality that they had had on tour. Nothing was too much trouble and they all worked so hard. A big thank you. Now this is service. These guys just get great hospitality. I will rave about the hotel in another review.

Thank you to the Agora Life Hotel Owner, Manager (Mr Kadir) and their staff.

John P.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John P
Dear John P,

Let me express how grateful i am for the time you dedicated to this review. It looks like you were able to make the best of your stay amongst us.

I am glad you could feel the strong commitment of all our staff and we are humbled by your kind words. Thank you for choosing Agora Life Hotel, Istanbul and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Rome
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I spent 5 fabulous days at the Agora Life Hotel! Great location excellent views extremely clean and ALL members of staff most helpful and friendly! They made the right suggestions and helped us build wonderful new memories! Definetely a place to recommend to all my family and friends and for me a beautiful birthday to remember ! Thank you so very much Kadir and all your staff!

• Stayed July 2014
agoralife, Manager at Agora Life Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Simplydani,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great feedback on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you had chosen Agora Life Hotel and that you had a very positive stay.

The team and I would like to thank you for choosing us, and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the city of history.

With warm regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2014

April was the 4th time I have stayed at this little gem. And I repeat verbatim my last review.
"It's tucked on a little side street 5 minutes from the tram and walking distance to everything. Rooms are modern, clean, simple and elegant. I will stay with them whenever I am in Istanbul. The staff is wonderful. Kadir and Isa and the staff are consistently helpful. A++++"

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street side.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
agoralife, Manager at Agora Life Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Lee255,

Warm regards,

Santiago Metropolitan Region, Chile
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spend 6 days in this fascinating city, Istambul. This was a perfect hotel just about 3 minutes walking. The area was sorrounded with very cozy and nice shops. The hotel was very nice, specially the rooms, very clean and terrace with the most fabolous view to a Mosque and the Bosfouros. They helped us to solve a problem we wncountered. I very highly recomendet it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
agoralife, Genel Müdür at Agora Life Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Verónica L,

Thank you very much for your precious recommendation on Trip Advisor.
We are most grateful that you took the time to published this review about your recent stay at Agora Life Hote, Istanbul.

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us while in Istanbul and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.