“Good food, nice service”

Yaka Balik Fish House
Reserve with
Yaka Balik Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 14,052 Restaurants in Istanbul
Cuisines: Seafood, Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Good sea bass and free fruit salad. Also kind service and people. Offered free tea and fruit salad. Nice view over Bosforus. Close to Tram.

1  Thank shtef_stoica

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I cannot give a rating less than terrie. I would say this is the worst of worst in my life time. They showed us fish of various types and I realised things were getting pushy ordered just a basic fish. I was so pushed to order a wine for 160 TL and fish for 140 TL. when I sensed the trick and ordered less items these guys were showing rude faces and no one was bothered to attend us. The guy who invited me promised me 20% discount and showed us they were in trip advisor. When we had the bill they charged us for bread sauce and water which was usually free in other restaurants and 10% service charge which altogether equal to the 20% discount. Also they promised us free tea and coffee and nothing was offered. Turkey is an excellent country with excellent people but yaka is the one which insults it's great culture. Please be careful in galatta bridge restaurants.

2  Thank Arhtim
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The service was very good and the fish was lovely but the 'vegetables' provided(which were part of the meal on menu) consisted of one boiled potato! The views of the Bosphorus were probably the reason for high prices.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

It is one the bridge across the Golden Horn, facing the Bosphorus. Lots to look at as boats of all sizes move about - large and small ferries, tourist boats, ocean going vessels (in the distance) and lots more.

The fish I had was small red mullet. They were delicious. The rest of the main course was an undercooked cool pototo and uninspiring basic salad. I tried two starters, hummous and anchovies both of which were fine but as you would buy them from a supermarket, so nothing special.

It is expensive for what it is but fine for a good view in what is a massive tourist spot. Many, many places in Istambul will have both better and cheaper food giving much better value. Go there once or any of the other similar restaurants on the bridge as fancy takes you.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The service was very good, the fish dishes were delicious, and also the view was great to Bosphorus and to the New Moshee. But the price- we've paid 700 TL- app. 240 EUR for 5 pax, which is way much overpriced compared to other places in Istanbul! This is the reason for 3 points out of 5...