“Miserable Tourist Trap” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yaka Balik Fish House

Yaka Balik Fish House
Reserve with
Yaka Balik Fish House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 13,376 Restaurants in Istanbul
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Grand Bazaar
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Miserable Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

From the first moment, almost everything about this place felt wrong: phony smiles hardly disguising impatient attitude, dishonest recommendations of the most expensive items on the wine list and menu, bland, tired appetizers, expensive grilled fish that felt like it's been defrozen, and to top it all up - outrageous bill of 298 TL (some 150 USD) for two. Avoid!!!

Visited May 2014

• Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We have had very bad experience with this restaurant. You will have only nice view an that is it... First of all there is nothing unusual in a menu which is completely same to all around. And when you see a lot of fish in a menu, that means nothing, because they bring you for a choice couple doradas, one grouper, turbo and a lobster. Nothing else in a fish restaurant! And that fish does not look very fresh at the evening. The starters are small and very standard. The wine is only Turkish and for unreasonable price, for 90TL they offer you a wine that costs 25, but to be honest wine was not bad. There is no choice of brad too. A choice of meat is very limited and when a have chosen a kabap they forgot to gave it to me...after a remainder and 40 minutes I have had nothing again and asked for a bill. Very polite waiter gave me a discount of 13TL from amount of 313TL as a compensation...that seemed very polite but ridiculous. And yes, they did not forget to charge me for the services!
So IMHO this place does not deserve such a high rating, 3 as a maximum, but with my personal experience I put only 2.

“Good food, nice service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Good sea bass and free fruit salad. Also kind service and people. Offered free tea and fruit salad. Nice view over Bosforus. Close to Tram.

1 Thank shtef_stoica
London, United Kingdom
“I would better kill myself than going back here ”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I cannot give a rating less than terrie. I would say this is the worst of worst in my life time. They showed us fish of various types and I realised things were getting pushy ordered just a basic fish. I was so pushed to order a wine for 160 TL and fish for 140 TL. when I sensed the trick and ordered less items these guys were showing rude faces and no one was bothered to attend us. The guy who invited me promised me 20% discount and showed us they were in trip advisor. When we had the bill they charged us for bread sauce and water which was usually free in other restaurants and 10% service charge which altogether equal to the 20% discount. Also they promised us free tea and coffee and nothing was offered. Turkey is an excellent country with excellent people but yaka is the one which insults it's great culture. Please be careful in galatta bridge restaurants.

2 Thank Arhtim
tamworth
“Good service,lovely sea bass”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The service was very good and the fish was lovely but the 'vegetables' provided(which were part of the meal on menu) consisted of one boiled potato! The views of the Bosphorus were probably the reason for high prices.

• Visited April 2014