“We got really lucky with this hotel.”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #2 of 1,159 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Rooms are comfortable, clean, and the breakfast food is good and plentiful. The best thing about this hotel though, is the staff. They go out of their way to ensure your visit is as comfortable as possible. Tea and lokum is offered upon arrival, and your luggage is taken care of while you rest. I wanted to bring Elfi home with me. A real treasure.
I hope to return another day.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank eileen068
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;

There are newer reviews for White House Hotel Istanbul

Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed at the White House Hotel Istanbul with my mother from April 3rd - 6th 2011 and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are a delight - particularly the smiley and charming Elif on reception - we found them to be incredibly helpful and eager to please: recommending us restaurants, booking us tables, organising our return airport transfer etc. On arrival we were warmly greeted with a drink, some Turkish delight and the Turkish eye badge as a little gift, and then told we had been upgraded to a family room (room 302 on the 3rd floor) which was extremely spacious, comfortable and very clean, complete with lovely free toiletries, slippers, tea & coffee making facilities etc. The hotel is in central Sultanahmet within easy walking distance of the main sights including Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar etc). We had a lovely stay and were very touched to be given a box of Turkish Delight on leaving. Would thoroughly recommend this lovely boutique hotel.

8  Thank ls359
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2015

Best Regards;

Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have just returned from what was my first trip to Istanbul with my daughter and we both cannot believe how lucky we were in finding White House Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the airport where we were personally greeted by the hotel driver to the welcoming cocktail from Elif at reception after our long journey, we knew that we had found somewhere special to stay in Istanbul. Our family room which had been upgraded was spotlessly clean and decorated in oppulent stylewith very comfortable beds and plenty of hot water in the shower. Location- wise White House Hotel is hard to beat! Situated in the old part of town, it is perfectly placed to visit all the main tourist sights of Istanbul . The Grand Bazaar, the Tokapi Palace and the Archaelogical Museum are merely a 10 minute walk away and the Blue Mosque and Agia Sofia less than 5 minutes away. Restaurants and boutiques selling local crafts are all close by but the hotel itself is in a quiet street so we had no trouble in getting to sleep at night. The staff are delightful, really helpful and special mention goes to Elif on reception, Yagmur in the breakfast room and Cihan who looked after us very well. Thank you very much and hope to visit again one day soon.

Room Tip: Quiet street so front or back not a problem
5  Thank Loretta359

Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is such a great little treasure. Hotel is beautifully furnished and extremely clean. The staff are outstanding; they cannot do enough to help you. A special thanks to two of them, Omer and Elfi. I have travelled to many places but can truly say I have never experienced the kind of service as at The White House Hotel. The hotel is also close by to all the main attractions, most within walking distance. I will definitely be staying again on my next trip back to Istanbul.

6  Thank Leigh9181

Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband\ and i travelled from Australia to Istanbull and booked the White house over the internet with no prior recommendations.

They were so so welcoming after our 36 hours of travel. Their little touches are wonderful. They picked up us from the airport and delivered us to the hotel no problem at all.

Nothing was a bother, to the staff.

Breakfast was just what we were after, fresh, healthy and nicely presented.

This place for us was centrally located, clean, friendly, quiet (during the night).
We would thoroughly recommend White House and would definately go there again, if ever in Istanbul.

Special mention of Elif and Omar (staff) that made us feel especially welcome.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jak880266

Reviewed 1 April 2011

We were delighted first of all with the location of the hotel - it's just few minutes away from the main tourist attractions and several good restaurants. those interested in shopping without exhausting bargaining will also find a nice shop around. The staff does its best to help you, I can especially recommend a guy called Cefar. However, the rooms lack style and look kitschy. If you don't care about this - White House is made for you.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Korenast
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2015

Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed at this hotel in a triple room with my wife and young daugther (4 years old). The location of the hotel is very convenient, only a few minutes walk away from Agia Sofia, Blue Mosque and Top Kapi, since it's located in the middle of Sultanahmet. The hotel is small but very cute, all areas are clean and well maintained. The rooms are small, but pretty, in excellet condition and all the basic amenities are provided. Both rooms and the hotel are very clean, the beds are comfortable and the interior of the rooms is decorated in an old Othoman manner, with taste that does not offend even if you prefer contemporary designs due to the context of the city. The hotel offers you a free transport from the airport which is recommended and upon your arrival you are welcomed with a drink and turkish delights, plus a small blue evil eye gift. Breakfast (included in the room price) was adequate, better than in many mid-range hotels. Best of all in this hotel is the stuff. They are professional, they are friendly and they do their best to accomodate you. They helped us book taxis for our evening out, they gave advice and most of all they welcomed us with a warmth that made our stay a pleasure experience. my daughter felt like a princess, since everybody in the hotel from the receptionist to the room cleaning ladies, spent time with her constantly, talking, hugging her and offering her little gifts. We'd like to thank them publicly for this and absolutely recommend this hotel for those wishing to stay in Sultanahmet.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family