“Great hotel and even better staff”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,129 Hotels in Istanbul
Valencian Country, Spain
“Great hotel and even better staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2011

The location of this small boutique hotel is excellent, the rooms are clean and comfortable (just a little bit small to get toghether if you have a big company). What makes a stay in the hotel very comfortable is the friedly and helpfull staff. Our special thanks to Cafer who has been there around for us almost 24 hours a day. Great stay, great hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Youri_ly
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 27 February 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

We hope you come back soon and visit us again...

Hotel Owner & Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Brilliant hotel with wonderfully friendly and helpful staff - look out for Elif on reception she is a great source of information and a lovely person. All the main places of interest are close by. We have never been hugged when leaving a hotel before and certainly the staff dont normally stand outside to wave you off in the taxi....made us feel very special and slightly emotional! Istanbul is surprisingly clean and we were very impressed by the trams and the efficient way you pay for the tram tickets and receive a plastic token.....no litter! A really enjoyable break and I would definitely recommend this hotel and its staff very highly. In fact I have travelled a lot but have never felt moved to complete one of these reviews...that says a lot!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Ladycamille
My Dearest Guest ,

We hope you come back soon and visit us again...

Hotel Owner & Manager
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

Rooms are comfortable, clean, and the breakfast food is good and plentiful. The best thing about this hotel though, is the staff. They go out of their way to ensure your visit is as comfortable as possible. Tea and lokum is offered upon arrival, and your luggage is taken care of while you rest. I wanted to bring Elfi home with me. A real treasure.
I hope to return another day.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank eileen068
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 23 January 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

I stayed at the White House Hotel Istanbul with my mother from April 3rd - 6th 2011 and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff are a delight - particularly the smiley and charming Elif on reception - we found them to be incredibly helpful and eager to please: recommending us restaurants, booking us tables, organising our return airport transfer etc. On arrival we were warmly greeted with a drink, some Turkish delight and the Turkish eye badge as a little gift, and then told we had been upgraded to a family room (room 302 on the 3rd floor) which was extremely spacious, comfortable and very clean, complete with lovely free toiletries, slippers, tea & coffee making facilities etc. The hotel is in central Sultanahmet within easy walking distance of the main sights including Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace, Grand Bazaar etc). We had a lovely stay and were very touched to be given a box of Turkish Delight on leaving. Would thoroughly recommend this lovely boutique hotel.

8 Thank ls359
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 26 February 2015

Best Regards;
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I have just returned from what was my first trip to Istanbul with my daughter and we both cannot believe how lucky we were in finding White House Hotel. From the moment we arrived at the airport where we were personally greeted by the hotel driver to the welcoming cocktail from Elif at reception after our long journey, we knew that we had found somewhere special to stay in Istanbul. Our family room which had been upgraded was spotlessly clean and decorated in oppulent stylewith very comfortable beds and plenty of hot water in the shower. Location- wise White House Hotel is hard to beat! Situated in the old part of town, it is perfectly placed to visit all the main tourist sights of Istanbul . The Grand Bazaar, the Tokapi Palace and the Archaelogical Museum are merely a 10 minute walk away and the Blue Mosque and Agia Sofia less than 5 minutes away. Restaurants and boutiques selling local crafts are all close by but the hotel itself is in a quiet street so we had no trouble in getting to sleep at night. The staff are delightful, really helpful and special mention goes to Elif on reception, Yagmur in the breakfast room and Cihan who looked after us very well. Thank you very much and hope to visit again one day soon.

Room Tip: Quiet street so front or back not a problem
5 Thank Loretta359

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

This is such a great little treasure. Hotel is beautifully furnished and extremely clean. The staff are outstanding; they cannot do enough to help you. A special thanks to two of them, Omer and Elfi. I have travelled to many places but can truly say I have never experienced the kind of service as at The White House Hotel. The hotel is also close by to all the main attractions, most within walking distance. I will definitely be staying again on my next trip back to Istanbul.

6 Thank Leigh9181

Yamba Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

My husband\ and i travelled from Australia to Istanbull and booked the White house over the internet with no prior recommendations.

They were so so welcoming after our 36 hours of travel. Their little touches are wonderful. They picked up us from the airport and delivered us to the hotel no problem at all.

Nothing was a bother, to the staff.

Breakfast was just what we were after, fresh, healthy and nicely presented.

This place for us was centrally located, clean, friendly, quiet (during the night).
We would thoroughly recommend White House and would definately go there again, if ever in Istanbul.

Special mention of Elif and Omar (staff) that made us feel especially welcome.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple