“Friendly, clean, great location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of White House Hotel Istanbul

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly, clean, great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. Just 5 minutes walk to Hagia Sofia, walkable to catch a ferry even.
Rooms are nicely furnished, not massive, but a good enough size. The multi function shower took a little working out! No problems with noise. Breakfast (until 10am) on the room terrace was a great start to the day, with views of Hagia Sofia.
Airport transfer was included for us and was there waiting. Great service, throughly recommended, I would go back.

2 Thank TimJ69
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 13 February 2015

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed at the White House for three days. They provide free one way shuttle from the airport. The hotel is awesome. It is in the middle of all the old town attractions. The roof top terrace is a great place for breakfast or to watch the city lights come on a night. The rooms are renovated and clean. The staff is very friendly. You will NOT be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 14 January 2015
My Dearest Guest moandoz ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Cambridge, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed at the White House the last night we were in Istanbul before flying back home to the states and I must say that I've literally never felt more like royalty than I did staying at that hotel. I truly felt like the President of the US and pretty much had Hail to the Chief looping in my head the entire time I stayed there.

They first greeting us with complimentary juice and turkish delights, which after an overnight bus from Izmir was heavenly. Then, without even telling us till much later, they upgraded our room from a standard to a suite FOR FREE. It was like being Jon Hamm in 30 rock and living in a beautiful person bubble.

We checked in at 11 or so and hadn't eaten anything all day so we inquired about breakfast/lunch places in the area to which they simply replied: why don't you just have breakfast here today and tomorrow!? Uhm Ok! So we went up to the rooftop terrace after putting out stuff away where they had an amazing spread of eggs, cheeses, meats, bread, jams, fruit, olives, etc, all of which overlooked the beautiful Istanbul skyline and Blue Mosque.

We asked them about several touristy things that we wanted to do our last day in Istanbul and they were extremely helpful. The staff was both friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. When we checked out they gave my girlfriend a complimentary scarf and necklace and me a turkish delight gift sampler. I don't know if our experience was unique (I doubt it but maybe our natural charisma and charm won them over) but if your experience will be anything like ours you should stop reading reviews, click on the hotels.com link and book this place. End scene.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank BostonMigs
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 28 February 2015

GENOVA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

The hotel, with a small number of rooms, is situated in the very center of Istanbul; in a few minutes walking you can reach a lot of the most attracting sites in Istanbul. Just to mention some: TOPKAPI palace, Hagia Sofia cathedral, the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar and others famous Istanbul places to see. The hotel is placed in a very quiet surround and you can rest without any noise also because the rooms are well isolated. Rooms are clean and well equipped: air conditioning, TVset, refrigerator,etc. But what we appreciated most is the quality of personnel that is very very kind and able to satisfy promptly any need you can have, from information about any type of restaurant, to arrange for you a nice cruise on the Bosphorus.
A great help I had for a small accident that brought me to the hospital: the language obstacle was overcome only with the help of hotel receptionist acting as interpreter through the telephone. They were able to help me even after my return at home, to obtain some documents that I needed for my insurance policy, from Turkish authorities.

1 Thank PAT82Genova

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

As everyone has noted, the hotel is in an excellent location and the staff (all of them) are friendly and helpful. The airport pick-up on arrival is a boon and the welcome at the hotel is first class.
It is difficult to find fault so there seems no point in trying - in other words this hotel is excellent value for the rates they charge.
Just a last point - the patience of the reception staff is admirable so please help them by a) doing some research before you get there or b) remembering that once they give you all the information its up to you to make a decision. (My patience isn't nearly as good as the staff's)

1 Thank arcbridge2

Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I chosed this hotel mainly because its central position and the very positive review of the previous customers. I've been in Istanbul to celebrate the birthday of my girlfriend and I received from the staff an incredible support in satisfying every whish to make this event unforgettable. The whole staff really surprise me and went beyond any positive expectation.
But above all I have to mention Omar. Thank you very much for all guys.

Room Tip: My room was very nice and clean, but very little...
2 Thank Danroz

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel is prime location, with a fabulous staff and excellent hospitality making your family and you feel at home. Free shuttle service one way, we had this service when we first arrived. Upon arriving we received a warm welcome with drinks and turkish sweets from the staff. The staff assisted our travels to Izmir which was great-we traveled to Ephesus and Pamukkale with a private driver and tour guide that fit our itinerary. Breakfast is included and they make omelletes for you upon request-I cannot stress enough how hospitable and kind the staff here is. They answered any questions we had about the sites and were very knowledgable about the location, points of interest along with any other questions we had.

Many thanks to Manager Harun Cadirci and his wonderful statt: Elef, Jihan, Mohammad, Omar, Yagmur, Cafer and the rest! The staff brought a cake for my sister's birthday the day of our departure, which was very kind of them. The rooms are in great condition; assortment of tea/coffee, modern bathrooms and comfortable beds. The hotel is a bit cozy, so you may hear other conversations down the hall but it wasn't a problem for our family. You may request rooms on floors 2-4, as I believe there are 2 rooms on the first floor if this concerns you. The hotel is very clean too and has fast free WI-FI.

This hotel is 5 minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia, and about 5-10 minutes walk to Grand Bazaar. Spice Bazaar is about 20 min walk, along the Boshphorous. The area is very safe, with local cuisine right around the corner. The famous 300 year old Hamam (Turkish Bath) is literally down the street next to the Sultan Ahmet Fish House (Must go here!! great food and great service!). Turkish bath- It's a bit expensive, but defintely worth the experience. Definitely check out this hotel if you travel to Istanbul!! We will be back at the White House Hotel soon~

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family