“Spotlessly clean”

Ranked #1 of 1,134 Hotels in Istanbul
Melbourne, Australia
“Spotlessly clean”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Just about to check out after a night's stay. This is no five star hotel, but cleaner and more comfortable than many of that "standard" that I have stayed in. Handy to the sights, reasonably quiet and with helpful and pleasant staff. The delightfully rococo deco lends an air of exoticism, and the in- room safe and free wi-fi makes choosing this place a no- brainer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ferida51
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 14 February 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We read the reviews before we decided to stay at the White House Hotel in Istanbul. We are very happy for those who wrote the reviews. This is a fantastic place to stay at. The customer service is excellent. You are greeted with a nice drink and they sit down in the lobby to go over the amenities and any other requests you may have. Our room as clean, medium size with a nice bathroom. The air conditioning was perfect. We also had the room in the back of the hotel and it was very quiet. The breakfast area was on the top of the hotel with view over the Blue mosque. There was a wide selection of healthy breakfast food.
Before we arrived we ordered a car through the hotel to pick us up from the airport. This was a perfect choice as a nice Mercedes Van picked us up with the driver waiting in the luggage area.
The hotel gave us great advice on starting early in the morning with our tours of the mosque and the palace. They also gave a great suggestion on the restaurant to eat at at night. By the way the restaurants are only 50 yards away from the hotel in a cosy street with many outdoor restaurants to choose from. Definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back away from elevator.
1 Thank Globewalker13

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Our room rate included transfer from the airport - always welcome when arriving in a city for the first time. On arrival at the hotel we were treated to complimentary soft drinks and a birthday cake! My wife had let them know I was celebrating my 50th. Our room was decorated with rose petals and balloons - I can only assume my gender was lost in translation as it was far too pretty for a "bloke". Room was clean, spacious and the bed comfortable. As a smoker, I appreciated the roof terrace with unlimited coffee day and night! As other reviewers have commented - the hotel really is close to all of the "must see" places in old Istanbul. Very good hotel in great location with very helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 23 January 2015

Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Our family occupied 2 rooms at the White House Hotel in mid August which I booked on the web directly to be shared by me and my daughter and the other for my husband who wanted a single room for himself to work at times. The manager was very helpful and managed to arrange a bigger room on the lobby level big enough that I could add an extra bed for my daughter as there are no twin bed rooms in this hotel. Wifi is available on all levels and the staff were very helpful during the course of our stay. We have no reservation in recommending this hotel to anyone. The only comment is they do not have any restaurant of their own apart from breakfast at rooftop but their hotel is within walking distance to a lot of other restaurants and tourist sights so this was not a problem at all for us.

Whyalla, Australia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My wife, son and daughter stayed at the White House Hotel in 2010 and were very happy with the hotel amenities, service and location. My wife and I returned in early August 2013 and stayed for 5 nights. The staff were very helpful, courteous and friendly - they behave like a close family and helped to make our stay very pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. We always looked forward to a delicious breakfast on the rooftop. With the best attractions and restaurants within easy walking distance, why would you stay any where else in Istanbul.

Hollands, South Australia

1 Thank Alan H

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at the White House hotel in Istanbul for five nights. The hotel is beautiful and nicely decorated. Most importantly, the staff was amazing and extremely helpful. Delicious breakfast with amazing selections on the roof deck. Close to everything including Blue Mosque, Haja Sofia, Grand Baazar and Spice Baazar. White House is one of the best hotel in a perfect location!!!
We can't wait to go back to Istanbul and stay at the White House Hotel.

1 Thank Gidam B

New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2013

If you are visiting Istanbul,this is one of the best hotel you can stay in.Very clean,Quite and comfortable.The stuff is very helpful and the breakfast is very good.another advantage is the location.The hotel is near most of the attractions in Istanbul with plenty of restaurants around.My wife and I enjoyed our stay there and will surely recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple