“Beautiful.”

Ranked #1 of 1,135 Hotels in Istanbul
Ocean Grove, New Jersey
“Beautiful.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great location, beautiful room, great outdoor/indoor breakfast buffet overlooking the city and mosques. However, we found the unique aspect of this fine hotel that outshines most other hotels is the people who are more than anxious to assist, serve and provide anything you may need. From the lovely young woman at the front desk to the young people serving breakfast, and everyone in between, everyone was more than helpful. We have stayed in many hotels in the world. The White House will remain one of our favorites. We actually felt as we were a bit of Royaly, or...."presidential"? For example, one morning we lingered at breakfast and a server brought us (unrequested) a set up of Turkish coffee.....perfect.

Room Tip: Our room was lovely, or ate. Others appeared as nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank donnaanne46698
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 January 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This hotel is situated right in the middle of all of the major attractions in Istanbul.
The staff are very professional and very attentive and from the moment we arrived we felt very well looked after. We stayed in a family room (2 adults 2 children) and stayed over new year.
The views from the rooftop restaurant are nice and the room was very clean and well looked after.
The only thing I would say was at the breakfast selection was a little limited but that was just a personal preference.
Overall this was a very enjoyable stay.

3 Thank Joanne K

Miramichi, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

great place to stay however rooms are small and a lot of street noise made you stay uncomfortable.
staff very nice and courteous. breakfast was excellent and clean. I believe price was high compare to other hotels with same price tag.
Location of hotel was perfect . Neighbourhood safe and nearby mosque was excellent.

4 Thank Niaz K

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed two nights in the hotel during Christmas 2013. Hotel staff are quite friendly and helpful. The location is great,only two minutes walk from major attractions. The service was exceptional.
Definitely would stay again in Istanbul.

4 Thank simonpang
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Sahibi at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 January 2015

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had a lovely spacious room on the ground floor just off the lobby which was perfect for us as it is at the back of the hotel so it is lovely and quiet, so good in fact, that we only woke up in time for breakfast once! The staff couldn't do enough for us and left us little presents for example, wine when we arrived and one night we came back to find a tray of baklava for us, oh and a little present to take home. The room was spotlessly clean, very comfortable and well equipped. I noticed how everything smelt so nice too - the towels and bed linen. The toiletries were also lovely and were replaced each day.

The location really is perfect for sightseeing and there are some lovely restaurants and bars nearby. We liked the restaurants Khorasani and Mosaik which are found just a few minutes walk from the hotel. Turn right out of the hotel and first left. There is also a great lively late bar which sometimes has live music (pop cover bands) which is found at the end of a short alley, taking a left past Mosaik. The bar is called Sah bar.

The trams are very frequent and very easy to use. Depending on how long your stay is, the Istanbul card is worth getting. It is similar to London's "Oyster card" system where you top it up at a machine at a tram stop. One card can also be used for 2 people. They can be bought at one of the little newspaper kiosks. The card also gives you discounts to museums.

I strongly recommend having a freshly caught, grilled mackerel sandwich on the riverbank from the fishermen. The best ones are on the west side of Galata bridge but on the north side of the river. They are cheaper, lovingly prepared with lots of salad and spices. We also tried the same from one of the floating fish stalls also on the west side of Galata bridge but on the south bank of the river and they were not nearly as good and the area is so busy that it was more of a manic experience than a relaxing one but worth a visit all the same.

A boat trip down the Bosphorus is well worth doing. We did a round trip - Europe-Asia for an hour and a half which provided stunning views.

There are lots of lively late bars around Tunel which are easily accessible by tram and the little funicular. There are also some nice bars around Galata tower - Rikim for example, which also does good food.

All in all the hotel was a wonderful base where we felt very much at home and Istanbul is an extraordinary and fascinating place to visit.

Room Tip: We requested one of the larger rooms as we had read some reviews saying that some rooms were quite...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Berniexoxox

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The hotel is in a fantastic location for sightseeing, and bars and restaurants which was greatly appreciated. However overall I would say I was not as impressed as I expected. In reality the hotel looked a lot more tired than the photographs indicated. Money has obviously been spent on making the hotel look fancy, yet the rooms are not properly sound proofed so we could hear street noise very loudly, and hear televisions and even conversations from the rooms next door!
I was particularly unimpressed with breakfast, the 'juice' machine produced a distasteful and artificial fruit flavoured drink, while the fruit was not in great condition. Only bread rolls were available, which made having toast rather difficult. Overall the hotel did not meet expectations that reviews on Trip advisor and the website had given me.

2 Thank Sarah I

London
Reviewed 2 January 2014

The service is exceptional; they have helped us with all our requirements. It is one of the best services I have received in a hotel.

The location of the hotel is really good, just a short walk from Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazar, Roman Cisterns, Topaki Palace and other attractions.

The only remark I have and an improvement that could be done is on the breakfast in general, but especially on the juice machine. I would expect fresh juice and not juice from a machine which did not taste good.

I still gave them a score of 5 despite the breakfast note for the exceptional service that we have received from all the staff.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple