“Enchanting”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
“Enchanting”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

The room was beautiful, the location was great and the staff was incredibly helpful. They even surprised me by ordering a birthday cake to be delivered to our dinner cruise. I couldn't have asked for more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ebby M
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 29 January 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
essex
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My husband booked this as a surprise for my birthday. Everything about it is charming, excellent staff, beautiful decor, spotlessly clean, a beautiful room with petals all over the bed, a hand written welcome letter, drinks on arrival, a birthday cake with a sparkler and 2 glasses of wine delivered on the actual day and turkish delight and flowers when we left. The attention to detail is impressive. It is in the perfect location allowing you to explore on foot without feeling exhausted. The breakfast restaurant is on the roof with an outdoor area, which must be lovely in the warmer months. We had a slight problem with our bed the first night and I mentioned it the following morning, by the time we got back that night they had replaced the bed, faultless. Very good fish restaurant just around the corner. Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: We had the room in the picture which was quite special
3 Thank LyndaHilliardEvans
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 26 January 2015
My Dearest Guest ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,
Penne d'Agenais, France
Reviewed 22 January 2014

If you use and trust Tripadvisor the way we do, you look for the reviews that seem balanced and informative...I only write reviews when the experience was terrific, in the hopes of helping the business succeed and helping fellow savvy travelers...The White House Hotel is one of those experiences...We just left after spending a week there and we thought we were really lucky to be there every day..I agree with most of the positive things people have already said, so I won't repeat them...but the thing that immediately won us over was that their driver was at Attaturk, with our name on a sign to pick us up and drop us at the hotel...landing in Istanbul can be daunting...I had emailed back and forth with the owner of the hotel who assured me there would be no problem..and there wasn't...the room was terrific, meticulously clean and large (room 202)...it was toward the back of the hotel so we were spared traffic noise...however Istanbul is booming with construction and there was renovation on the next street in back of us..noisy during the day, but by no means the fault of the hotel...it stopped promptly at 5pm...I have also read people quibbling about the breakfast...the roof terrace is great, worth the view in or out...the food is fine...not a huge American restaurant-style breakfast, but enough stuff to get you going til lunch...MOST IMPORTANTLY: the management of the hotel reads these reviews and makes changes...complaint about OJ machine...we had a new decanter with fresh juice...complaint about bread not sliced for toaster...we had sliced bread...and they even offered to make us an omelet....as everyone else has said, the staff was great and helpful...they brought up ice every night for us for our vodkas because you shouldn't drink the tap water...(buy big bottles of water in the little shop across the street for your stay)...and also buy your pashmas across the street as well...nice guy and friends with the hotel staff..here is our suggestion: our room was great when we first arrived...candles etc....there was a thoughtful bunch of flowers in a vase...we looked at them for a week and they were horrible, supermarket flowers...best to do nothing...or management, a simple vase with one or two simple flowers would be best...your intentions were good, but they missed the mark...that's our one complaint...the location is great for all the sites and close to the T1 Tram to get to other parts of the city...but be prepared to battle the tourist crowds and the men hawking their wares and services every time you go back to the hotel...the price to pay for being in the middle of the action...If you are still reading this, I obviously encourage you to give this place a shot....

7 Thank RWP1234

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Couldn't praise staff enough-my partners birthday and they went to great trouble to make it very special for her-room was beautifully prepared and a lovely cake! Hotel in excellent location and staff more than helpful. would thoroughly recommend

2 Thank chris d

Copenhagen
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

A lovely hotel with friendly staff and lots of personality. Will never forget the nicely decorated room. A perfect hotel for a weekend for two. Absolutely for a reasonable off-season price. I give my best recommendations. .

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank danefamily

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have just arrived from a 4 nights stay. Nice boutique hotel, located near the most importante monuments. Excellent cliente care, nice breakfast with local products in rooftop with great view of Blue Mosque. Very good value for Money.

1 Thank Goncalo F

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The stay at the Whitehouse made our vacation most pleasunt . The warm welcome and hospliality of all stuff. The hotel and rooms are very very clean and nice decorated which give you the feeling of home.
The amazing welcome ( surprize) , the rich breakfast and the location of the resaurant facing the AyaSofia.
Excellent accomadation for a decent price.

Room Tip: Take rooms not in the first floor
1 Thank zeev l