“Extremely hospitable”

Hospitality : couldn't be bettered
Room : smallish, but comfortable
Bathroom facilities : excellent
Concierge : very helpful
Ambient : as noisy as any other city street view room
View from roof : breathtaking
Breakfast : average
Particular attention given by Figen , Tomtom & Melek

Room Tip: Enquire re size, ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2015

My Dearest Guest patmahon ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Hotel Owner & Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,555)

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Staff couldn't have been more helpful, courteous, welcoming. Facilities attractive and perfectly maintained. Roof deck a special pleasure, with views out over Aya Sofya, Blue Mosque, Aya Irene, Topkapi, and the Bosphorus. Breakfast first rate. And the location could not be more convenient for getting around Istanbul. Neighborhood quiet. Clientele of knowledgeable, seasoned travelers. Rooms (at least mine) on the small size, but a small price to pay for the overall excellence.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

My Dearest Guest GreenCirclesMaine ,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I spend our one week break in Istanbul in the White House with slightly a tighter budget than previous breaks. In a nut shell, we did really find our selves missing any of the privileges we find in 4 or 5 stars hotels. The place fits its name. Also, because of its strategic situation, you hardly need any transport to go any where.
Go for it, do NOT think twice.

2  Thank Maz A
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

My Dearest Guest Maz A ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at The White House hotel for three nights and had a wonderful time there. We were greeted with Turkish delight, drinks and even a birthday cake for me. The room was exactly as it appears on the website and decorated with tea lights and rose petals. It is in an excellent location being near to dozens of very good restaurants. We didn't have a single disappointing meal. Breakfast is a huge selection of dishes and is served on the rooftop terrace which has views of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. Sitting up on the terrace with a coffee or drink and listening to the call to prayer was fantastic. The staff at the hotel could not do enough for us and were full of useful advice and suggestions. The room we had did not have a wonderful view but I don't think many hotels in Istanbul would as the buildings are very close together. This was not, however, a problem as the room itself was beautiful and we could go up and enjoy the view from the roof anytime of day or night. We intend to stay here again and cannot recommend it highly enough.

2  Thank Catherine R

My Dearest Guest Catherine R ,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed there for 5 days. The staff from the restaurant ( breakfast host) was so nice, she offered complimentary Turkish coffee/ tea to guest, explained to us about the Turkish culture and customs.

The staff at the front desk are very helpful and friendly, They gave very good information which made planning our itinerary on the spot really easy.

The location of the hotel is very good, it is walking distance to all the sightseeing spot in the Asia part of the Istanbul. The hotel is in the small street , so most taxi driver struggle to find it . But once we stayed there for a day, and wondered around on foot, we get quite familiar with the directions and were able to direct the taxi driver to the hotel.

overall, the hotel is excellent, we will definitely recommend any one who is looking for a hotel to stay in Istanbul.

2  Thank Beth B
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2015

My Dearest Guest Beth B ,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I spent 4 days in Istanbul at the lovely White House Hotel. Our room was quite comfortable and well located in Sultanahmet. The staff, specifically Huseyin, was always happy and eager to help us with any questions that we had. We enjoyed having tea in the lobby on numerous occasions.
The room came with a small kitchenette, a modern tv, windows that opened and let in plenty of light, a sitting area, and comfortable beds.
I would highly recommend The White Suites to anyone looking to feel right at home in Istanbul.

2  Thank Kellville

My Dearest Guest Blue245679 ,

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very good clean hotel with warm and hospitable people. The place has a good balance between western efficiency and Asian warmth. The location, the breakfast and the room were all a great package. Our stay of 5 days was fabulous and we are glad we chose the White House.

Room Tip: the triple room was large, bright and cosy with and old world charm
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family