“Two Nights at the White House Hotel”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,148 Hotels in Istanbul
Wisconsin
“Two Nights at the White House Hotel”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at the White House for two nights during a stopover from the U.S. to Tanzania. The location is perfect for sightseeing and good restaurants. The staff was extraordinarily friendly and helpful, especially the woman at the front desk, whose name, regrettably, I do not recall. Her English was perfect and she was very knowledgeable about our sight-seeing and dining options. The rooftop café is a nice treat for breakfast or for a quiet place to use the internet during the day. The staff at the White House truly try to make their hotel your home away from home. We would book at the White House again without question.

2 Thank Mark B
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 20 January 2015
My Dearest Guest Mark B ,

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. Wonderful places to eat.. walking distance to the markets and tourist attractions...Our first room was extremely tiny and no room for two people with computers and weeks worth of clothing . I would suggest to check out the room size before booking The fabulous staff upgraded us. The breakfast roof top was lovely, great variety and fabulous hostess. The front deck staff wonderful to help with transport,, and information..

Room Tip: We where upgraded to a lovely room beside the front desk.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 15 January 2015
My Dearest Guest leslieann d ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Reviewed 4 May 2014

If you're looking for a hotel in the ideal location this is for you. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it, the staff were friendly and keen to please and the rooms were comfortable and very clean. An ideal base for your Istanbul holiday.

My Dearest Guest Cy B ,

Selden, New York
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I don't usually write reviews for anything, but White House Hotel really blew my mind and thus I had to write it! Where do I begin.. First off.. the check-in process was so elegant. My wife and I were greeted and asked to take a seat while fresh juice was given to us along with some sweets. We were explained a few details about our stay and the gentleman was more than happy to answer any question of ours. After checkin we were taken to our room, which was very clean, and looked amazing. The bed had been decorated, perhaps because I had mentioned that we were coming for our honeymoon, I don't remember if I did, but nonetheless it looked amazing. We actually slept that entire day and when we woke up, we were hungry and the hotel was so great that they actually brought us a menu from a near by restaurant, took our order, and went to that restaurant got our food and brought it to our room. I was blown away by their service! We stayed 3 nights at the hotel, and each day we were greeted by such friendly people working there. They were more than helpful at every point of our stay. One thing that really stood out for me was when I changed my itinerary a bit and actually ended up staying 2 more nights in Istanbul than I previously had planned to. I called the hotel and asked if I could extend my stay, since I was in Izmir at this point. Though they had no space in their own hotel, they were more than willing to keep my luggage in their storage, while I had a domestic trip the next day to pamukkale. On my return from Izmir, they had even arranged for a near by hotel with the same rate as theirs to provide me with a room, but at this point I had already made other arrangements. At check- out we were given a box of turkish sweets, and the gentleman asked what hotel we would be staying at, since they were fully booked for the next 2 days and we were staying 2 more days in istanbul, and if the hotel was not providing us breakfast, than we were more than welcome to come back and have breakfast with them at their hotel. I could not believe how helpful and caring the people at White House Hotel were.

Overall this was probably the best experience I have ever had with any hotel. It is situated in a PRIME location for those who want to stay in the old city of Sultanahmet. If walking, minutes from Hagia Sophie, Blue Mosque, TopKapi Palace, Grand Bazaar and many more. The food near by was great too!

If you do decide to stay here, you will NOT regret it! It is the awesome!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mohammad S
My Dearest Guest Mohammad S,

schin op Geul
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had a short break at the White House hotel. Nice central situated in de midst of the old city, near Hagia Sophia, Top Kapi and the Blue Mosk. Very good client service, clean rooms and very friendly personnel. Very good price quality! We'll come back for sure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
My Dearest Guest Mat B ,

Newry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This lovely gem of an hotel is perfectly situated in Old Istanbul almost within touching distance of Hagia Sophia from our breakfast table in the dining room on the rooftop . Each of the hotel staff is indeed a "Turkish delight". They made our stay so memorable with their warm friendly service. The Turkish coffee was an extra delight. My husband , daughter and myself , all seasoned travellers, stayed for three nights at end of April and were most pleased with both the hotel and staff. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne S
My Dearest Guest Anne S ,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights in this charming hotel, set in the perfect place to easily walk to all the main attractions. Istanbul is a huge city, but no need for costly taxi's, traffic jams etc. if you stay here. Clean, nicely decorated and cosy, family service, the big chain hotels can't really offer what this place does. You feel you are part of this beautiful, vibrant city when you stay here. We very much enjoyed our stay.

1 Thank generalgeorge0