“Perfect location and lovely room”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the White House Hotel for three nights in May. We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. When entering our room my husband asked me if I had booked the honeymoon suite as there were candles everywhere, rose petals on the bed and a bottle of wine for two. I had only booked a standard room. The hotel has a young staff always ready to please with smiles on their faces. Breakfast was plentiful with cold and cooked selections including Turkish dishes. We followed the suggestion by another reviewer and ordered a Turkish coffee. It was very nice and looked amazing. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Crystal S
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2015

My Dearest Guest Crystal S ,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I spent only 1 night in White house Hotel but this night showed me that I did right choice with choosing this hotel. I hope I will be back to Istanbul in near future and for sure my choice will be White House.

2  Thank Faig M

My Dearest Guest Faig M,

Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a gem. I don't have much to add from all the other 5 star reviews here, but don't hesitate once in booking this hotel. The service is wonderful, unassuming and warm. The terrace is a delight with a beautiful view. The rooms are comfy, wonderful bathroom/shower, slept like a baby.
A personal anecdote-- I left my nice jacket in the room-- and didn't even notice. Within 4 hours of me leaving I had an email from the hotel asking the best way to get it back to me-- I told them I was coming back to Istanbul for one more night but staying in a different hotel across town-- they drove my jacket all the way across Istanbul to get it to me, nicely packaged. They then followed up with me to make sure I received it. That's customer service.

Hotel is next to EVERYTHING, including two of the best restaurants in the area, Sultahanmet fish house and Khorasani. 3 minute walk to Aya Sophia and Blue Mosque.

Stay here.

Room Tip: The family room was large but perfect for a couple who needed some space.
2  Thank Marylandmama

My Dearest Guest Marylandmama ,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We considered ourselves extremely lucky to have discovered this gem of a hotel in old Istanbul. The staff were amazing and showed such kindness - from the welcome on arrival, the candle-lit greeting in our room, to providing a celebratory bottle of fizz on discovering that it was my birthday. Thank you White House staff

1  Thank CarysandDave
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2015

My Dearest Guest CarysandDave ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;

Reviewed 12 May 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond expectations, and always with a warm smile! I had left my backpack in a taxi, they located the taxi and had the backpack returned to the hotel!! An amazing feat which I am sure would not have occurred in the USA. The location is excellent for walking to many of the sights Hagia Sofia, Blue Mosque, Spice Market, and Grand Bazaar and easy access to the tram. Breakfast was very good, with a great selection. In my travels this hotel ranks as one of the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sgray6104
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2015

My Dearest Guest sgray6104 ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

We hope you come back soon and visit us again...

Best regards,

Hotel Owner & Manager

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Was there only last week with my girl friend and If your looking for nice, clean, friendly staff and very good location this is the best hotel you can stay, what else your looking for.. PS, you should try proper Turkish breakfast was absolutely wooooow best breakfast I had in my life..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fuat K

My Dearest Guest Fuat K ,

Reviewed 9 May 2014

After reading all the gushing reviews for this hotel, I almost chose another hotel. It sounded too good to be true. I thought that maybe they were asking their guests to give good reviews. And indeed that was the case. They really are enthusiastic about their hotel.
However, having said that, most information in the reviews ( minus the gushing, and blushing) was pretty accurate. Service was exceptional. The hotel was spotless. Breakfast on the terrace over-looking Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque was great ( it is one of the reasons I booked this hotel).
We were on a "around the world trip" and only had one night and one full day in the city. Fortunately, we had been in Istanbul before, so I knew that I wanted to stay right in the heart of the old city to cut down on traffic time. The location of this hotel is great. It is only a 3-5 minute walk to the Cistern, Aya Sophia and the Blue Mosque. Just turn left out of the hotel, go to the first corner, take a right and walk straight down the street to the underground Cistern, and Aya Sophia. From there you can walk another minute to the Blue Mosque. If you want to go to the Grand Bazaar from the hotel, just turn left out of the hotel and walk down to the corner. This time take a left and walk for 4-6 minutes and you are there! This is a little gem that I would book in Spring, Fall or Winter. But in the summer I have chosen to book into a hotel with a swimming pool ( and you will need it). Hats off to the management!

Room Tip: Try room 201. It had a king bed and is a large room. No pool and no fitness room.
1  Thank chocolatetravels