“Wonderful experience in Istanbul!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White House Hotel Istanbul

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,120 Hotels in Istanbul
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful experience in Istanbul!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Outstanding hotel from the moment we arrived (transfer all taken care of by hotel at very reasonable cost). Family owned, located in the best part of the area within easy walking distance of the Palace, the Blue Mosque, trams and so on. In the heart of the restaurant area as well, and despite everyone telling us to not eat in the "tourist area", we found the places recommended by our hosts to be fantastic. We have stayed all over the world like so many of us. This hotel however, is special, because they try so hard to make you feel "at home". They do not pretend to be 5 star, but it is the best little 4 star we've stayed at in years. 22 rooms only. Nothing was too much trouble. Every staff member had a smile on his/her face. Breakfast was high standard. When we left, a small gift for us and a rose for my wife, as it was Mother's day. That's style! We'd go back in a minute.”

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms next to the elevator. And, don't get the room next to the elevator on th...
1 Thank davidjc101
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 15 January 2015
My Dearest Guest davidjc101 ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Best Regards;
Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Monza, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

A very nice hotel at the location close to city's main sites, shops and restaurants. The stuff are extremely friendly and helpful. Great breakfast with the view from the hotel's restaurant/top terrace.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
My Dearest Guest Slobodan Z ,

Thank you very much for sharing this post regarding your stay a the White house Hotel Istanbul and for your great comments. I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a memorable experience in Istanbul. It made me extremely happy to read your kind comments on our staff being helpful and charming. As we always say, our people are our biggest asset at the White house Hotel Istanbul.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Good rooms, central location.

Quiet area but very well positioned for restaurants, Grand Bazaar, mosques etc.

Good breakfast and helpful and happy staff.

God sized room with comfortable bed and good bathroom.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 13 January 2015
My Dearest Guest Michael J ,

Best Regards;
Funchal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

A truly wonderful boutique hotel situated in the perfect location for the city's main sites, shops and restaurants. The staff are particularly courteous and friendly and the rooms immaculately clean.
Highly recommended to any sightseers visiting Istanbul.

Room Tip: Book well in advance this is a small gem of a hotel
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DBartram
My Dearest Guest DBartram ,

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are roomy, clean and pretty! Perfect temperature!
The rooftop terrace is a beautiful place to have breakfast or a late afternoon drink.
The hotel is close to so many Istanbul attractions. Although it does not seem like much when you get there, everything is walking distance.
What makes this hotel particularly exceptional is the staff. The staff were so kind and went above and beyond in helping us. At one point, one even went to buy us bread in the middle of the night when we had simply mentioned we had trouble finding a snack! When we asked them if they had sleeping masks, we got back to the room to find two different types on the bed!
The staff is the friendliest I have ever experienced!

Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mariane_L_27
My Dearest Guest Mariane_L_27 ,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

If here were a category above excellent this hotel deserves it. Although this hotel is not exactly mine or my wife's style, it was an accident we ended up there, we were very impressed with the staffs hard work and willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty. This sounds extreme but here is an example: I tried to book the cheapest flight from Istanbul to Cappadocia, it was on a Turkish site called Bavul. The lady at the front called her travel agent friend to see if she could get me the same rate, she could not, so she used her gsm to register me as a Turkish person. But then we discovered you could only pay with a Turkish credit card, she offered her friend to pay with his card and I pay them back. I said, are you sure? She said no problem and called up the bell boy, we used his card, I paid him the cash and we were able to get the cheapest flight. I was amazed at the lengths they went through to serve us. I thought, who am I to deserve this? Our whole three days were like this, they recommended good restaurants and I'm convinced the best travel agent in Insatnbul, Mustafa from Walkabout Travel.
This hotel is not everyone's style I know but they gave us drinks, wine waiting in our room when we arrived, Turkish delight when we checked out and a memory of great experiences with Turkish hospitality.

1 Thank Basil M
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 20 January 2015
My Dearest Guest Basil M ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,
Coogee, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the White House Hotel for three nights in May. We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. When entering our room my husband asked me if I had booked the honeymoon suite as there were candles everywhere, rose petals on the bed and a bottle of wine for two. I had only booked a standard room. The hotel has a young staff always ready to please with smiles on their faces. Breakfast was plentiful with cold and cooked selections including Turkish dishes. We followed the suggestion by another reviewer and ordered a Turkish coffee. It was very nice and looked amazing. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Crystal S
My Dearest Guest Crystal S ,

Thank you for sharing your precious reviews here about our hotel.
We are happy to know you enjoyed staying in our hotel.
We wish to host you on your upcoming trips to the city.

Best Regards,