“kind staff and excellent location”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,156 Hotels in Istanbul
Tel Aviv, Israel
“kind staff and excellent location”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came for one night on our way to the United States.
The excellent location of the hotel allowed us to see a lot of attractions. Staff exceptionally kind. Cozy room although a little small and some rooms have no view.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank yalikarby
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 30 December 2014
My Dearest Guest yalikarby ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Garfield, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have traveled extensively over five continents and this hotel and their staff was by far the most hospitable I can remember. Their initial reception through the final paying of the bill was a very hospitable and memorable experience. Their location is centrally located in the old part of Istanbul and is an easy walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar. Their rooftop dining for breakfast was very pleasant with great views of the old city.
I do not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone. I plan on visiting this hotel again on my next trip to Istanbul.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel with maybe only five rooms per floor. It has a total of five floors. Any room...
1 Thank JDub2011
My Dearest Guest JDub2011 ,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Fantastic location. Probably the warmest welcome we have ever had to a hotel. Welcome wine and juice on arrival and Turkish delight on departure. Friendly, helpful staff. Room was a great size and was spotlessly clean, bright and airy. Fabulous shower. No charge for our 5 year old who had her own bed and we were upgraded to a larger room. Would highly recommend the White House Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
My Dearest Guest Dekari ,

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything from start to end! This was my second time in Istanbul and 2nd stay at White House Hotel! The kindness of the staff, cleanliness, comfort, services, breakfast, all remains at a very high level. Thanks for having made our holidays in Istanbul very enjoyable!

2 Thank ReNovais
My Dearest Guest ReNovais ,

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is situated in an ugly, dirty street near Sultanahmet Square. The hotel is not charming, it is quite garishly decorated, try to book a superior room. However, they make up for this by being so well-located near the Grand Bazaar and Sultanahmet Square, the Aga Sophia, Blue Mosque and Topkapi - all a 5 minute walk away. You can also bring your own drinks for an incredible sundowner on the breakfast patio. The service is great, but do not expect a concierge service, they are however available to make bookings at restaurants, and there are good restaurants nearby. Breakfast is always included and won't disappoint, if only for the Turkish coffee and views. Friendly service as well. Good value at the price, the airport collection is included if you stay 3 nights.

Room Tip: The basic rooms are very small, for very little extra one can get a nice sized room, definitely wort...
4 Thank Hooggenoeg
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

No shortage of hotels in Istanbul - we picked this for its location for a three night stay. The staff are first class, pleasant and helpful. The room, with the bed decorated with petals and little tea lights on every surface when we arrived, was a delight. Very good breakfasts on the roof terrace, the welcome drink, the free pick up from the airport, and the willingly arranged inexpensive transfer back, all added to the first-rate offering. Would definitely go back. Many thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
My Dearest Guest Topcaddie ,

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Istambul is magic and addictive, and this small luxury hotel is the perfect place to stay. Located in a narrow quiet street is two blocks away from the hectic Blue Mosque and all the nice cafes and stores of wonderful Sultanahmet.

Me and my family stayed for two nights after a cruise ship, and definitely loved the place. The staff is great, breakfast at the roof terrace was very good, clean and classy all over. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family