“Great Service, Location and Hotel”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The Hotel is in a great location central to the old city and a vast array of restaurants and shops. I could not fault the Hotel at all.
I was travelling with my younger daughter, and the Hotel easily gave us a room with 2 beds which was excellent. The staff was most helpful in every way, organised even flowers, and a shuttle to the airport on the final day. Nothing was too hard, and everything was done with a smile. Just a delihtful, no stress way to stay in Istanbul

I loved the decor of the Hotel and the view from the roof top is a fine platform for photography, or just enjoying breakfast.

I would also strongly recommend dinner at the Panoramic Restaurant which is 100m away, this si the best view in Istanbul, food excellent, service is superb.

Room Tip: Enjoy! all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank p w
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2014

My Dearest Guest p w ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Write a ReviewReviews (3,507)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at the White House for two nights after a luxurious cruise, and were not quite sure what to expect. On arrival, and it was very early in the day, we were given drinks and Turkish Delight while we checked in by a charming young man, then sent upstairs for breakfast! Here we were met by a lovely young lady who made us feel very welcome, Our room was not ready, due to us being so early, and we were offered another room to freshen up while it was being prepared. When we eventually opened the door to our room we were greeted by numerous candles, rose petals on the bed and a bottle of wine with two glasses. It was just so romantic and welcoming. It was on the first floor, off the hallway, and had been offered by the manager, at no extra charge, as I had emailed ahead to say that we had quite a bit of luggage after the cruise, and had been told by the person who recommended the hotel, that the ground floor rooms were bigger. Although there was no view, we enjoyed every second we spent in there, and it was very quiet at night.

What else can I say, except that everything met our expectations; the breakfast was lovely - especially on the roof terrace - the bed was comfortable (although I did ask for an extra blanket as I like the air conditioning on overnight) the shower was wonderful, and best of all, the staff were so kind. We were recommended two restaurants in the area - both of which we enjoyed. The first one (Fuego's) was so good that we went for lunch on the second day and had the same appetizer that we had shared the previous night! The location was perfect, as everywhere was walkable. I read one comment that it was on an ugly street; true it was not verysmart, but as you turned the corner the building that stood out, with its bright window boxes, was the White House, and once you had been inside - the street seemed irrelevant! It felt a very safe area to come back to at night.

If we go to Istanbul again, and I hope we do, we wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: We only say the one room, 102 off the main lobby. There was no view but the room was spacious and l...
4  Thank Alldee8935

My Dearest Guest Alldee8935 ,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our experience here started and ended with the very best hospitality and service you could possibly imagine! The airport shuttle, reception, breakfast and housekeeping staff were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

Our room was spotless and smelled wonderful. When we first arrived were surprised to find our bed covered in rose petals in the shape of a heart and the room candle-scented. Beautifully done!

Breakfast is served on the roof terrace with amazing views of Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque - amazing. The quality and taste of the food served at the buffet-style breakfast was excellent.

The hotel itself is in a quiet street, but just a short walk to most of the attractions in the old city (literally 5-10 minutes to the Blue Mosque).

We would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an oasis of cool & calm in the heart of the Sultanahmet area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zeesstof

My Dearest Guest zeesstof ,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We came for one night on our way to the United States.
The excellent location of the hotel allowed us to see a lot of attractions. Staff exceptionally kind. Cozy room although a little small and some rooms have no view.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yalikarby

My Dearest Guest yalikarby ,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have traveled extensively over five continents and this hotel and their staff was by far the most hospitable I can remember. Their initial reception through the final paying of the bill was a very hospitable and memorable experience. Their location is centrally located in the old part of Istanbul and is an easy walk to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar. Their rooftop dining for breakfast was very pleasant with great views of the old city.
I do not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone. I plan on visiting this hotel again on my next trip to Istanbul.

Room Tip: This is a small hotel with maybe only five rooms per floor. It has a total of five floors. Any room...
1  Thank JDub2011

My Dearest Guest JDub2011 ,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Fantastic location. Probably the warmest welcome we have ever had to a hotel. Welcome wine and juice on arrival and Turkish delight on departure. Friendly, helpful staff. Room was a great size and was spotlessly clean, bright and airy. Fabulous shower. No charge for our 5 year old who had her own bed and we were upgraded to a larger room. Would highly recommend the White House Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

My Dearest Guest Dekari ,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Everything from start to end! This was my second time in Istanbul and 2nd stay at White House Hotel! The kindness of the staff, cleanliness, comfort, services, breakfast, all remains at a very high level. Thanks for having made our holidays in Istanbul very enjoyable!

2  Thank ReNovais