“It's all in the little touches”

White House Hotel Istanbul
Ranked #1 of 1,141 Hotels in Istanbul
Bath
“It's all in the little touches”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

we had an amazing time here. The hotel is lovely but what makes it really special are the little touches the hotel provides to wow it's guests. Complimentary wine when we asked for a glass ( but were expecting to pay), making reservations on our behalf, Turkish delight on departure and Turkish coffee in the mornings.

The room was great and the breakfast and roof top setting super too. I would definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank LexieBath
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 26 December 2014
My Dearest Guest LexieBath ,

I am Harun CADIRCI the Owner of the White House Hotel Istanbul. First of all I would like to thank you for taking your precious time to write a comment about our hotel. I am very happy to know that you had a nice accommodation experience at our hotel.
And thank you very much with giving such a detailed informations. And thanks again for the nice words about our staff. We are so much looking forward to host you on your next trip to our wonderful city.

Harun CADIRCI

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 September 2014

My wife and I stayed at the White House for 6 nights and could not have been more pleased . On arrival we were shown to a room which we felt was a little small for a 6 night stay as there was very little wardrobe space . We asked if there was another room available and were shown a bigger room which they were more than happy to move us to at no extra cost . The staff are very nice and nothing was too much trouble . The buffet breakfast was served on the roof terrace which overlooked the Blue Mosque and there was plenty of food to choose from and the girls who served us were lovely and greated us with a smile every morning . The hotel is well placed for visiting all of the major sites and restaurants . Would stay there again on any future visits . They also pick you up from the airport at no extra cost if you stay for 3 nights or more . Overall a great experience !

Room Tip: If you are staying for 3 nights or more as a couple try to get a slightly bigger room .
3 Thank paul2505
My Dearest Guest paul2505 ,

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is my first ever review of a hotel- we had such a great stay at The White House that I wanted to recommend it to others. It's hard to find a hotel that will accommodate a family of 4 in one room so we were delighted that it wasn't a compromise on anything else. The email communications and courtesy pick up from the airport were really helpful; the welcome introduction to the hotel amenities with freshly-squeezed orange juice and turkish delight great; the room spotless and lovely and the location unbeatable. Views of the Hagia Sophia, Bosphorus Bridge, Topkapi and Blue Mosque minarets from the roof top....couldn't have been better. All very competitively-priced - would love to return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Nikki C
My Dearest Guest Nikki C ,

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The location in the Old City is perfect for exploring. The hotel was beautiful, clean and the staff made you feel like you were staying with family. We can not say enough about the staff that runs this hotel. There is nothing in America that compares to the hospitality we received. Overall, great hotel in a very safe, fun location in the heart of the Old City! Will stay here again on our next visit.

Room Tip: No bad rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Proseccopapi
WhiteHouseHotelIST, Owner at White House Hotel Istanbul, responded to this review, 27 December 2014
My Dearest Guest Proseccopapi ,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights. The location in Sultanahmet is perfect for exploring the nearby mosques, and the Grand Bazaar, and there is a tram stop within walking distance to reach the other attractions.

We were given an upgraded room in the lobby. Note that the normal double rooms which we saw looked on the small side. My main problem with the room (apart from the rather oppressive and faux baroque furniture) was the shower. The shower cubicle is just too small (I think 60cm square). I could not move inside, and as the shower head is fixed, it was impossible to move the water flow. Showering was not a relaxing experience as a result.

Staff were all friendly, and the breakfast on the terrace adequate if nothing special (no cook-to-order eggs).

Is summary, location is perfect, hotel is clean but maybe the price is too high for location alone.

Room Tip: Normal double rooms are small. Try to get a free upgrade to superior double.
2 Thank Cambus36
My Dearest Guest Cambus36 ,

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at the White House Hotel on our honeymoon and we were thrilled with every aspect of the hotel. They are not an "elite" high end hotel.. and they do a very good job of letting you know that they are not a fancy hotel...but what they are is a hotel that does a great job of making you feel welcome. The rooms were perfect. Nicely decorated. Breakfast each morning was very good and even though it was a buffet style, there were plenty of employees to help you if you needed anything. The breakfast room was on the roof with a great view. The location could not have been any better. We were able to walk to anything that we wanted to get to. If you needed to go someplace further, public transportation was right there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cubfaninco
My Dearest Guest cubfaninco ,

Roma
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Average hotel in a very good location (Sultanamet, 5 minutes walking distance from the Agia Sophia and the Blu Mosque). Quite clean and nicely decorated (even though a bit heavy baroque furnitures and object). Wonderful staff, very kind and helpful. Good breakfat on the terrace, but nothig special. The real problem was the too small, oppressive and narrow room. Overall, the price is too high for whar it offered.

2 Thank GiulyRoma