“the start of the best trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Han

Hotel Han
Ranked #135 of 1,029 Istanbul B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“the start of the best trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Han Hotel has everything you want & need when in Istanbul!! Its on a quiet & picturesque road, but still central and really close to all the main attractions in the city. The rooms are well decorated, bathrooms big, everything very clean and tidy! And still the best part is people! Everyone is friendly and attentive! All the recommendations about the city were on the spot, and they even fixed my broken shoes!! We were four girls traveling around Turkey and we started the trip there.. one morning sharing our non-planned trip to the Manager of the Hotel he offered to organize it according to what we wanted to see and do! We had the best 10 x holiday ahead ever! Our tailor made route was perfect, all transfers, hotels, flights, boat trip were impeccable and made our lives so much easier! We even had a day hotel to relax by the pool for few hours in Pamukale! I could keep on writing how our trip was great because of the Han Hotel´s master plan! But I think you should try yourself!! Enjoy Turkey!!!

Room Tip: best match for price / location / quality / friendliness
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Turkish first
Cuiaba, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

I's the best hotel in my trip. The staff is very friendly, polite and attentive. The room is beautiful and very clean. You can see the principal attraction from the window room. I really recomend this place. Will be the best choice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Erman_Altindag, Manager at Hotel Han, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Dear Keila,
Thank you for your even-handed review. I know that you are a world traveler and always honest. It is pleasure and nice to read such a polite comment. We wish to see you again in our (your home) hotel in near future.
cape town
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

Booking over the internet is always risky but hotel Han exceeded my wildest expectations. It is a charming, colourful little hotel situated in the hub of things. Although the single rooms are quite small it is very comfortable and affordable. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Not only did Istanbul capture my heart - hotel Han made sure that I had a home away from home.

Maretta Bellingan
Cape Town
South Africa

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

The hotel is in a fantastic location, on a nice, pleasant, safe street and right in the middle of the old town, a few minutes walk from all the main attractions in the area such as The Blue Mosque. The Grand Bazaar is a 5 minute walk, the ferries 10-15 minutes walk. There are lots of restaurants and nice bars in the area although the main 'later night' life is, I found, over the bridge around Tunel and Taksim Square.

My double room was on the 2nd floor (steps only but not particularly steep or many of them) and, although it may be a bit small for a couple perhaps, it did the job for me on my own. The bed was comfortable, the shower good, and - importantly - the air con did its job brilliantly.

I found the guys there very helpful indeed, pointing me in the right direction of attractions and generally looking out for me. I'm not a breakfast person particularly so never had any but the food in the restaurant there (I ate there on two evenings) was absolutely superb, very nice. I can particularly recommend the lamb and veg served on the hot plate. Wi-fi was free and available inside and when sat outside in the restaurant too.

All in all, it was great value for money and I couldn't have had a better location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Conveniently located in the heart of Sultanahmet, Hotel Han provides a perfect base from which to explore Istanbul. It's clean, quiet, comfortable and affordable. The service offered by Baha and his staff is a true expression of Turkish hospitality. The breakfast is fantastic and the restaurant downstairs makes delicious traditional food. I stayed here on my own for 5 nights and felt very much at home.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kirsty_moegerlein
ermanaltind, Manager at Hotel Han, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Kirsty,
We thank you very much for this kind review. It is our pleasure to lodge you in our hotel and make something for you to have good time in Istanbul with full of fun. You are absolutely very honest and very friendly. Do not forget that you have a house in Istanbul.
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

Han Hotel is well located minutes walk from Agia Sofia, the Blue Mosque and Topkapi Palace, and an easy tram ride to either Galata Bridge or the Grand Bazaar. The rooms are furnished with beautiful Turkish handicrafts -- handmade bedspreads, pillows, lamps, ... And they make up your room (beds made, fresh towels) daily -- a rarity at budget hotels in Turkey. Breakfast is delicious and ample, and there's a very good kebab place in the same building that spills out onto the street, which is pedestrians-only during the day. But what really makes the stay is the friendly management who go out of their way to help you have a great time in Istanbul.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
ermanaltind, Manager at Hotel Han, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear Starkman, We really thank you for your descriptive review. You explained our hotel very well. It is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed to stay at our hotel. We wish to see you and your family in near future again, in Istanbul.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

The people who manage the hotel are friendly and helpful.The room we stayed was a bit tiny but the location is great.And as I said people are nice, and the restaurant down there is amazing.We spent really good times there.

Alex & Alexa
Romania

Room Tip: Our room was small but our friends had bigger ones - I think it s 2nd floor ,street view,balcony
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends